- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

SpyderVenom

SpyderVenom

Infected

• Members
  • 3 posts
Does anyone think that Lee and Clementine will make an apperance in the comics? I think it would be really cool at the end of the game, they meet up with the group from the comics where ever they happen to be and then they show up in the next comic that comes out. I think that would be really cool. What do you think?

Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard

Roamer

• Members
  • 464 posts

Does anyone think that Lee and Clementine will make an apperance in the comics? I think it would be really cool at the end of the game, they meet up with the group from the comics where ever they happen to be and then they show up in the next comic that comes out. I think that would be really cool. What do you think?

I agree, it would be cool to see a tie in to the comics in the video game. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen unless the video game gets pretty crazy reviews and people really like Lee and Clementine. I don't think there are enough people out there that they would gather a fan base like Daryl has. But, it does seem to be all canon so far... So who knows?

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • 761 posts
  • LocationEng-er-land
If it was to happen...

Spoiler

Edited by RickGrimeyGrimes, 01 June 2012 - 10:26 PM.

Tread Lightly

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Honestly I would be so much more willing and excited to see Lee and Clementine in the comics than I would Daryl.

I like Daryl on the tv show, but I really just don't want him in the comics. Lee and Clementine would be an interesting addition though.

Rumiel

Rumiel

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationEngland
For all we know Lee could die in the last episode; we just don't know... I mean, the fact that there's only going to be 5 episodes means that they either live happily ever after or something disastrous happens, or maybe even a cliffhanger; so the chances of them appearing in anything else might be impossible.

I somehow can't see them in the comics myself; it'd be an interesting addition but at the same time would it give much to the comics? I haven't read more than the third graphic novel so I don't know which characters are left or which ones have been added, but there's already a few kids so Clementine would be a bit irrelevant, and Lee is - to be honest - just a brave man who wants to protect Clementine, something that we already see with Rick and Carl. Therefore, even if I would like them to make a little appearance in the comics, a permanent stay wouldn't be a very good idea since they would probably not have a very big fanbase.
Posted Image

Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard

Roamer

• Members
  • 464 posts

For all we know Lee could die in the last episode; we just don't know... I mean, the fact that there's only going to be 5 episodes means that they either live happily ever after or something disastrous happens, or maybe even a cliffhanger; so the chances of them appearing in anything else might be impossible.

I somehow can't see them in the comics myself; it'd be an interesting addition but at the same time would it give much to the comics? I haven't read more than the third graphic novel so I don't know which characters are left or which ones have been added, but there's already a few kids so Clementine would be a bit irrelevant, and Lee is - to be honest - just a brave man who wants to protect Clementine, something that we already see with Rick and Carl. Therefore, even if I would like them to make a little appearance in the comics, a permanent stay wouldn't be a very good idea since they would probably not have a very big fanbase.

Agreed.

Bro

Bro

Lurker

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Actually there's 5 episodes in season 1. The fact that they call it season 1 implies there will be more than 5 episodes.

Posted Image

Rumiel

Rumiel

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationEngland

Actually there's 5 episodes in season 1. The fact that they call it season 1 implies there will be more than 5 episodes.

They're only going to have 5 episodes in season 1 because they're not sure if a second season will be made. In an interview they said that they hadn't planned a series 2, but it could be possible if series 1 goes well.

The problem is - will consoles support what they want to do? Imagine that for every single decision that is made in the game, they have to program the consequences of each action - each set of actions of course taking up memory. I have no idea how developing works, but I'm sure it gets to the point where there are too many possibilities for the game to carry ahead, especially in a game where each character is thought of in so much depth.

So unless they start from scratch with series 2 but still using Lee and Clementine, I really doubt they'll have the means to make a game where the 200 actions you took in series 1 will affect what happens in series 2. Of course, games such as Mass Effect have achieved this but they've managed to work their way so it doesn't change the game completely; they have a limited set of possibilities that you've done in the past that will affect the future. Other games like Fallout and Skyrim barely rely on what you've done in the past since nearly every single mission is separate - it doesn't matter if you've destroyed an entire town because people in the long run won't care.

The Walking Dead game is different; a simple action has consequences that change the game completely, which is something that is manageable at first, but it'll get out of hand if they carry on with the series (I wish it could carry on though.. I just have to realise that there are limitations with technology).
Posted Image

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Id really enjoy seeing them in the comics as their story is really interesting.

Maybe Kirkman could make an exclusive print of their story in comic form in a compendium or volume?

Captain Xenu

Captain Xenu

Infected

• Members
  • 5 posts

If it was to happen...

Spoiler

Spoiler

SpyderVenom

SpyderVenom

Infected

• Members
  • 3 posts
While I agree Lee and Clementine might not have the biggest fanbase, they still could be added to the comic over a random person that no one knows.

Those who had played the game would know them and those who hadn't played the game would just think of them as new characters.

Even if Lee dies at the end, it would be neat to see Andrea find Clementine alone or something.

If Lee lives, they could just randomly meet the group (with Rick obviously being very protective of the group) and then Glenn can step in by saying that he knows him. I don't know. I know they are all the way in DC and most of their story is in Georgia now but I think it could work.

I just think it would be really cool for them to time it out perfectly where (at the end of the game) they meet Rick and the group. Then in the very next comic, that is the first or second page.

I guess if it's successful they will want to make another episode and keep them separate. I don't know. I guess I'm rambling but I really would like to see it happen

kill3r

kill3r

Infected

• Members
  • 62 posts
They signed for season two so it's possible

Juanhbk1

Juanhbk1

Infected

• Members
  • 8 posts
Honestly Lee and Clem have a better chance to make it into the comics than Daryl as the video game runs hand in hand with the comics, unlike the TV show which is only loosely based on the comics.

Evidence of this is Glenn saying he's from Macon around the campfire (which is where Episode 1 takes place) and also the video game is the back story of a pretty important character in the comics, as

Spoiler

Already in Episode 2 you can see why Lily turns into the evil bitch she is in the comics. (Understandably).

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 106 posts
I wouldn't like Lee or Clementine to be in the comic. Our choices should lead Lee into very different personalities over the season(s). To have him come into the comic as one with a particular set of characteristics would ruin anything we worked for. With that said, you know how after the episode is done, it tells you what percentage of other people made the same choices as you? Maybe Kirkman can say, ok at the conclusion of episode 5 or whatever, Lee will come into the comic with the choices made by the majority of the players?

Juanhbk1

Juanhbk1

Infected

• Members
  • 8 posts

I wouldn't like Lee or Clementine to be in the comic. Our choices should lead Lee into very different personalities over the season(s). To have him come into the comic as one with a particular set of characteristics would ruin anything we worked for. With that said, you know how after the episode is done, it tells you what percentage of other people made the same choices as you? Maybe Kirkman can say, ok at the conclusion of episode 5 or whatever, Lee will come into the comic with the choices made by the majority of the players?

Well I dunno if it's cause I was one of the first 100s to beat the game, (I literally refreshed XBLA page all night to morning every 10 min) The choices that people made were split down the middle, the most difference I saw was "You and 42% other.....

But great game to make people decide so even like that.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,474 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Great game love it but please no crossover characters to the comic please.
I understand the cameos to sell the game but i would never want any from the TV show or game in the comics.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."
tumblr_n0sl161Sn51s71mpxo1_250.png

Juanhbk1

Juanhbk1

Infected

• Members
  • 8 posts

Great game love it but please no crossover characters to the comic please.
I understand the cameos to sell the game but i would never want any from the TV show or game in the comics.

You do know Kirkman considers the Telltale game canon, right?

Edited by Juanhbk1, 12 July 2012 - 03:29 AM.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

You do know Kirkman considers the Telltale game canon, right?

Yes i do , but that does not change my opinion.
I just like the games to be the games and the show to be the show , leave the comic alone.

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 106 posts
I finished episode 2 like 2 days after it was released on PSN and I believe there were some decisions that made it to around 25/75

Spoiler

Edited by Dr. Bill, 12 July 2012 - 03:35 AM.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,474 posts
i killed em both mehhh

Gonza_Fes

Gonza_Fes

Lurker

• Members
  • 251 posts
TWD video game is a commercial success... they sold 1.7 millions of episodes in the first 2 months, in the PSN sales it was second place in the month of April, first place in May and Second place in June (it is no C.O.D. but those are really good numbers taking consideration TWD #100 was expected to sell 300000 copies)

Telltale already announce they are working in a second season:
http://www.ign.com/a...lking-dead-game

I dont know if Lee and Clementine will be in the second season but is more likely that they will.

Maggie wont recognice Lee because she didnt meet him in the game.. he only met Herschel and Sean.

One of the reason why Episode 3 will be sometime in agoust is because it might be an introduction to what is going to happen in TWD second book "Road to Woodbury" who its going to be publish by the end of agoust and is based in:

Spoiler

Theres even a chapter in episode 3 named:
Spoiler

If Lee and Rick will cross paths.. I really dont know.. and I hope not... it will be good to see 2 stories sets in different parts of the same world... as kirkman said the books and the video game are sets in the same world and events of the comic not like the TV Show that doesnt follow the comicbook path

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 106 posts
If Lilly is leaving the group we all might as well treat her like shit and side with Kenny. Unless she didnt die in the prison and meets back up with Lee. That seems farfetched though. I wouldve like it better if the governor and the prison just stayed as is, mysterious, without that piece of crap novel and now Lilly's story.

I really enjoyed Lilly in episode one without realizing she was the same Lilly, now she's not as intriguing and you know she'll survive the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!