- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

JJC24

JJC24

Infected

• Members
  • 28 posts
So... I know the well episode has been talked about before, but since I just watched it I have a question: What was the point? And T-Dog could have EASILY grabbed the zombie's pants and pull him out. Like the zombie was stuck for 2 freaking minutes! So maybe I'm just missing something...

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationLocation Location!
Don't blame him; I wouldn't want to touch that thing either, let alone risk the chance of getting bit.

And I believe you mean "The Well" with your thread title...

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Viggo's one and only girl

• Moderators
  • 7,381 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida
I think the general consensus of the well scene was.......What was the point?

IMO, it was done for dramatic effect. Like, what was the grossest walker you could think of. I can see them talking it over in the writers room.......How about a disgusting, bloated walker we can pull apart and show all the gross body parts?
Since it was really stupid on anyone's part to think the water wouldn't be tainted, it was a gratuitous scene, IMO. Luckily, there are not too many of these scenes on this show.

It also gave T-Dog one of his funniest lines. So, I guess it wasn't a total loss. LOL

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

• Moderators
  • 7,381 posts
For a second, I thought this might be a thread about Pink Floyd. :lol:

Edited by Serenity@sea, 27 April 2012 - 05:39 PM.

Kat

Kat

Biter

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationPretty Much A Swamp
I think the point was. . .

In the script-writing room:

WRITER 1: "Apparently, the audience is getting pissy about the fact that there aren't any zombies in our zombie show. What should we do?

WRITER 2: "I dunno, what do you wanna do?"

WRITER 1: "Well, whatever we do, let's be sure to make it is really gross and gratuitous."

WRITER 2: "YAY!"

'Twas definitely a scene where I began to question the logical capabilities and innate intelligence of our little Scooby-gang. Seriously, that thing was a walking tea-bag of oozing disease. At that point, the well was a bit of a lost cause.

I think they also wanted to introduce the fact that Maggie and Herschel had some "different" ideas about the walkers.
Posted Image

JJC24

JJC24

Infected

• Members
  • 28 posts

Don't blame him; I wouldn't want to touch that thing either, let alone risk the chance of getting bit.

And I believe you mean "The Well" with your thread title...

Yeah sorry about the title... ^^'
And thx for the answer :)

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,595 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I fixed the title for ya, JJC. :)

If you want to hear Nicotero talk about the story of how Well Zombie came to be, he talks about it in this podcast interview with Jason and Karen. The interview is a really good listen, imo, but basically, Greg says that before S2 (Jan, or so), the writers went on a 'little field trip' to the 'shop' (I'm guessing he meant the FX Studio) and pitched him the arc of the first half - not sure if they were inspired by the fieldtrip, or what, but they called him later with the idea about the Well Zombie. I thought it was a cute story. Nicotero sounds like he is a natural story-teller. :lol:

zombiebanner-1.jpg

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

• Moderators
  • 7,381 posts
Thanks for posting that link, gracie lou. He does seem like a really cool guy.

There was an interesting article on that site. It was an interview with Sarah Wayne Callies talking about almost turning down the role of Lori.

http://www.stuff.co....he-Walking-Dead

Babs Bladdyblah

Babs Bladdyblah

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,006 posts
It was good to know that walkers prefer fleshy living bodies to canned hams. ;)
It's all daft. Daft like buggery, innit?

JJC24

JJC24

Infected

• Members
  • 28 posts

I fixed the title for ya, JJC. :)

If you want to hear Nicotero talk about the story of how Well Zombie came to be, he talks about it in this podcast interview with Jason and Karen. The interview is a really good listen, imo, but basically, Greg says that before S2 (Jan, or so), the writers went on a 'little field trip' to the 'shop' (I'm guessing he meant the FX Studio) and pitched him the arc of the first half - not sure if they were inspired by the fieldtrip, or what, but they called him later with the idea about the Well Zombie. I thought it was a cute story. Nicotero sounds like he is a natural story-teller. :lol:

Thx for the title!
And also for the podcast it's pretty interesting :)

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • 2,011 posts
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
Nobody ever said zombies can't use a little slapstick!

Shushke

Shushke

Infected

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBelfast, N. Ireland

It also gave T-Dog one of his funniest lines. So, I guess it wasn't a total loss. LOL

I'm ashamed to say I can't remember what the line is!
What is it?

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • 2,011 posts
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

What is it?

"atleast we didn't do anything stupid, like shoot it."

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

• Moderators
  • 7,381 posts

What is it?

What?? He has 5 lines and you can't remember one? :lol: Just kidding. There was one episode, in the first half of Season 2, when he came on screen, I said, "I forgot he was even on this show."

Shushke

Shushke

Infected

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBelfast, N. Ireland

What?? He has 5 lines and you can't remember one? :lol: Just kidding. There was one episode, in the first half of Season 2, when he came on screen, I said, "I forgot he was even on this show."

I remember when he cut his arm open in the first episode, I just thought "ah so that's how they're killing him off". Glad he's still alive though, popping in and out of the group now and then.

CreepMeOut

CreepMeOut

Roamer

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationToronto
The whole well scene was so pointless.... trying to pull the walker out so the water doesnt get contaminated, putting Glenn's life at risk like that, then half the walker's body falls back in along with its guts. Do they even mention anything about the water being safe to drink afterwards? Cuz i dont recall. :confused:

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,595 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I think they said something about sealing it off.

zombiebanner-1.jpg

CreepMeOut

CreepMeOut

Roamer

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationToronto
Ohh did they? didnt remember that.:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!