28 replies to this topic

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.....

Dude...

Carl got shot in the head. He's still walking around.

Kirkman clearly doesn't have any qualms about sacrificing "realism" for the sake of the narrative. Not that I think people "need to die" for the story to be realistic. Once your survivors have made it past a certain point, you'd expect the attrition rate to drop pretty significantly.

There are only four survivors of Atlanta who are still around. If Kirkman is to kill one off every time he needs to "shake things up", that's pretty damn unsustainable. And I like Michonne, but she's nowhere near as well developed a character as some of the others. Abraham is "Rick's male lieutenant/resident badass who may or may not turn against him" take three, counting Shane. Maggie and Sophia are bit characters at most, and none of the new group have anywhere near enough development to fill the shoes of Atlanta survivors.

Yeah no I'm aware about Carl, but I've always felt that he in this case should be the only exception. Plus, there's always the notion that Kirkman's been building all of this up to make his death that much more unbelieveable (and then of course that would then lead into Rick's downfall/death).
Posted Image

The Ultimate

The Ultimate

Lurker

• Members
  • 282 posts

I disagree. Killing characters, particularly important characters, just for the shake of shock value is a really shitty way to write a story, and completely self destructive. Kill Rick and you completely handicap the narrative. Kill Andrea, and not only do you lose an important supporting character, you don't go anywhere you haven't already been before. Either way, it's a pretty serious net loss.

At this point, GRIMDARK is just as dangerous as light and fluffy. And I'm not sure I'd want to read a 200 some issue "Rise of the Governor".

I doubt Kirkman kills characters just for the shock value.
It's a dangerous world they're in, that's the world he's depicting.

It would be huge to kill Rick and I doubt they would do it.
But if you ask me Andrea is free game.
Don't forget, these characters are The Walking Dead, death is inevitable.
Posted Image

Bro

Bro

Lurker

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
If Glenn dies, it will have to be worth a hell of a lot. One of my favourite all time characters going out for the sake of needing to kill someone would be just terrible.
Posted Image

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Agent of Zombie Destruction

• Members
  • 12,560 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

But if you ask me Andrea is free game.

No.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!