• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Babs Bladdyblah

Babs Bladdyblah

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,006 posts

AMC Developing New Comic-Based Series From ‘The Walking Dead’s Robert Kirkman
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday April 11, 2012 @ 10:14am PDTTags: AMC, Robert Kirkman, Thirf Of Thieves Comments (0) Posted ImagePosted ImageAMC has put in development Thief of Thieves, a new project from The Walking Dead executive producer/writer Robert Kirkman and Chic Eglee based upon Kirkman’s new comic of the same name. “Much like The Walking Dead brought horror to television in a unique and groundbreaking way, I feel Thief of Thieves can do the same thing for heist stories, showing the humanity of all the characters, including the criminals,” said Kirkman, on whose 2003 Walking Dead comic the hit AMC zombie series is based. Thief of Thieves, which Kirkman based on his experience in the writer’s room of The Walking Dead, centers on master thief Conrad Paulson who, while attempting to reconcile with his estranged wife and son, vows to walk the straight and narrow, only to discover he’s completely addicted to the thrill of stealing. Now he must feed his addiction by stealing only what has been stolen, as the “Thief of Thieves.” The first arc of the comic is being written by Nick Spencer; Shawn Martinbrough is the artist. Eglee will serve as showrunner of the potential TV series and will executive produce alongside Kirkman and Walking Dead executive producer David Alpert.

It's all daft. Daft like buggery, innit?

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
  • 947 posts
Interesting, but sounds like Dexter only with stealing what is stolen instead of killing the killers Posted Image

Posted Image

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Viggo's one and only girl

• Moderators
  • 8,009 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida
It has an interesting premise. Enough so, that I would check it out.

Major Tom

Major Tom

Biter

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
  • LocationCommonwealth of Lower Alabama
Simple plot, we get in, we get out, nobody gets hurt.
For a reasonable fee, I will quell minor outbreaks, enforce quarantines, and dispatch infected relatives.

ShaneAmour

ShaneAmour

Infected

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSouthern U.S.A.
Sounds pretty good, worth checking out. Too bad they can't cast Jon Bernthal as the thief, it seems he misses his acting buddies on The Walking Dead pretty badly. Maybe he would see them on occasion if they were at the same network. Now that he is lead man on TNT's new show L.A. Noir, with Frank Darabont as director of the show...wonder if some fellow Walking Dead actors might end up on L.A. Noir too-- like Dale, people who bit the dust on The Walking Dead get reincarnated on L.A. Noir...that would be cool!
Shane Walsh: Four men, four rounds. What are the odds, huh?
Let's just hope four is your lucky number.

Babs Bladdyblah

Babs Bladdyblah

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,006 posts
I would love to see Dale end up on LA Noir!!! My 2 faves together again!!
It's all daft. Daft like buggery, innit?

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
The first issue was interesting. I'm eager to read the second as soon as it comes out.

Edited by Matt, 13 April 2012 - 02:54 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!