Photo

Everyone is infected but what does it mean?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,058 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Maybe EVERYONE isnt infected, just the majority, Jenner himself said he was teaching himself as he went along, did he ever say what exactly his role was at the CDC before ZA, I know people whove gotten second opinions on medical reults. All the group has to go on is Jenner, he may not be completly correct, its prooven he was right in a few cases Randall and Shane but there are still alot of people that the "theory" could be "tested" on. I know Merle was not bit but I'm sure some Dr would say a man who had their hand cut off would die from blood loss, infection etc, but here he is, there are always exceptions to the rule I think.

Edited by Sweetsister, 28 July 2012 - 01:27 PM.

Posted Image

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • 7,641 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers

It means that when someone gets a cardiac arrest, giving CPR is a risky business. This was seen in one of the webisodes after Season 1.

That was my favorite scene in the webisodes. Poor Judy. :lol:

Posted Image

WalkerBaitress

WalkerBaitress

Roamer

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationTampa-area, FL

That was my favorite scene in the webisodes. Poor Judy. :lol:

IIRC, that was really weird how she did mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on the body without really checking the breath, tilting the head forward, looking for a pulse, etc. You'd think that she'd have the smarts to check the body thoroughly and figure that the corpse was deader than could be revived with CPR/artificial resuscitation, but meh, it's TV. :P
"Stick them with the pointy end." Arya Stark, Game of Thrones

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • 7,641 posts

IIRC, that was really weird how she did mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on the body without really checking the breath, tilting the head forward, looking for a pulse, etc. You'd think that she'd have the smarts to check the body thoroughly and figure that the corpse was deader than could be revived with CPR/artificial resuscitation, but meh, it's TV. :P

Yeah, I'm guessing that Judy wasn't certified. :lol:

Posted Image

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • Locationcuffed to a roof
I always looked at it this way. The bites have no infection capabilities at all it just is like a snake bite. You die from it and then the virus brings you back. They are two differnt things all together. Of course I could be wrong.

Trillian

Trillian

Biter

• Members
  • 1,634 posts

I always looked at it this way. The bites have no infection capabilities at all it just is like a snake bite. You die from it and then the virus brings you back. They are two differnt things all together. Of course I could be wrong.

That is also my understanding. Of course, we could both be wrong.

Beware, I am emoticon-impaired.

Posted Image

MandyB

MandyB

Infected

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA
Does anyone think it was something airborne from the helicopters dropping Napalm and people burning the bodies of walkers? Also, the question is, was Jenner right? Is everyone infected? Or is Jenner making an assumption because the people he tested are infected?

ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Lurker

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • LocationItaly
It means everyone already carries it. It kicks in once you die, the only way it doesn't happen is if you die of head trauma.

Bites just speed up the process, they aren't what makes you turn
"The day you can kill me is the day that don't exist"

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • 1,961 posts
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

It means everyone already carries it. It kicks in once you die, the only way it doesn't happen is if you die of head trauma.

Bites just speed up the process, they aren't what makes you turn

Partially correct. Bites cause a fatal infection. The fever, it burns you out. Then you come back.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • Locationin the back of a van somewhere....
it means Merle passed on his STD's to everyone before he left lol
you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

MisterPriz

MisterPriz

Infected

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Does anyone think it was something airborne from the helicopters dropping Napalm and people burning the bodies of walkers? Also, the question is, was Jenner right? Is everyone infected? Or is Jenner making an assumption because the people he tested are infected?

Just a wild theory:

I'm still holding out hope that Jenner actually told Rick "Everyone is infected ... except for you" (meaning Rick). I still like to think that Rick's being in a coma somehow circumvented him getting infected when the outbreak began ... something to do with him being in a near-death state ... perhaps his cerebral cortex or brain stem shutting down in his comatose state prevented him from becoming infected like everyone else. This would assume then that the disease only attacks a healthy brain.

So when Rick tells the group that everyone is infected, he knows it will be a shocker. If he added "except me" it would REALLY REALLY REALLY be a shocker. So he withholds that particular piece of information from the group (and us as well).

But Rick knows that he himself might hold the key to an eventual cure or vaccine. He must live ... at all cost. This would help explain his very forceful take-charge "Rick-tatorship" diatribe at the end of season 2.

Again .... just a wild theory.

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
I don't like theories like that. Not because it wouldn't be cool but because the point of the show is that Rick isn't special. He's just a regular guy stuck in a ZA.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • 7,641 posts
Plus, Jenner did say the results were "noting unexpected", or something like that... I think Jenner would have felt a little less bleak if he had found someone that was immune, and I highly doubt he would lock that special person inside the CDC if that person was humanity's only hope.

Posted Image

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
I agree with that and if Jenner knew there was hope in Rick I think he would have wanted to live. I think Jenner would have wanted to fight to find a cure using Rick.

MandyB

MandyB

Infected

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Just a wild theory:

I'm still holding out hope that Jenner actually told Rick "Everyone is infected ... except for you" (meaning Rick). I still like to think that Rick's being in a coma somehow circumvented him getting infected when the outbreak began ... something to do with him being in a near-death state ... perhaps his cerebral cortex or brain stem shutting down in his comatose state prevented him from becoming infected like everyone else. This would assume then that the disease only attacks a healthy brain.

So when Rick tells the group that everyone is infected, he knows it will be a shocker. If he added "except me" it would REALLY REALLY REALLY be a shocker. So he withholds that particular piece of information from the group (and us as well).

But Rick knows that he himself might hold the key to an eventual cure or vaccine. He must live ... at all cost. This would help explain his very forceful take-charge "Rick-tatorship" diatribe at the end of season 2.

Again .... just a wild theory.

It would be a really cool scenario, but I think Jenner would have reacted differently if Rick was the first person he encountered who wasn't infected. Jenner said he found "no surprises". I would think that would be a surprise if Rick wasn't infected, but the rest of his group was.

If people are becoming infected by handling the zombies / disposing of bodies or what not, I would think that the only person who may have a chance of not being infected is Carl. But it all depends on how the infection is being spread.

I haven't read the comics yet - do they go into this at all in the comics (how the infection is spreading)? Just curious.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • 7,641 posts

I haven't read the comics yet - do they go into this at all in the comics (how the infection is spreading)? Just curious.

Spoiler

Posted Image

ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Lurker

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • LocationItaly

Partially correct. Bites cause a fatal infection. The fever, it burns you out. Then you come back.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

Edited by ShadowHunter, 29 August 2012 - 03:26 AM.

"The day you can kill me is the day that don't exist"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!