Why All of the Michonne hate?

character

Medic.

Medic.

S-mart Employee

• Members

Now we're even, cause you hurt my feelings by hating on Michonne.......
Ya big baby.

Real mature.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ImRickGrimesBitch

ImRickGrimesBitch

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationWest By Dog Virginia

Real mature.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

no, it was humor/sarcasm......
Something many people struggle with....
Sorry you're one of them.....
EVERY TIME I LOOK OUT MY WINDOW, I SEE THREE DOGS LOOKING BACK AT ME

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLocation Location!

1332627587[/url]' post='53523']
Sure is a lot of hate over hating Michonne going on, which is rather amusing in an ironic way. Why don't we wait until we've seen the character for more than ten seconds before we tear into each other. I was wondering how they would introduce her. It was rather dramatic, but we really didn't see enough to really form an opinion.

Completely agree with this I do.

The only questionable/unrealistic aspect of Michonne's brief appearance is the fact that her two "pet" walkers never attempted to attack her. Limbless and jawless or not, wouldn't they still be trying to get at her? Unless this was covered in the comic and I missed it or haven't gotten to it yet I don't know, but this one tiny, minute detail confuzzles me.

Other than that, what's so hard to believe about a mysterious figure who's adapted to a strange, new world wielding a badass katana with two zombies chained in hand whom she's emotionally attached to/using as a walker deterrent? Just as the case is with reality, not everyone's the same, and not everybody uses the same methods to adapt and survive. I totally see the character as believable/not absurd/intriguing/workable.

Just wait -- 6 episodes into season 3 and nearly everyone will be loving the character, and by season's finale, she will have attained near-Daryl status.

ImRickGrimesBitch

ImRickGrimesBitch

S-mart Employee

• Members

The only questionable/unrealistic aspect of Michonne's brief appearance is the fact that her two "pet" walkers never attempted to attack her. Limbless and jawless or not, wouldn't they still be trying to get at her? Unless this was covered in the comic and I missed it or haven't gotten to it yet I don't know, but this one tiny, minute detail confuzzles me.

Other than that, what's so hard to believe about a mysterious figure who's adapted to a strange, new world wielding a badass katana with two zombies chained in hand whom she's emotionally attached to/using as a walker deterrent? Just as the case is with reality, not everyone's the same, and not everybody uses the same methods to adapt and survive. I totally see the character as believable/not absurd/intriguing/workable.

Just wait -- 6 episodes into season 3 and nearly everyone will be loving the character, and by season's finale, she will have attained near-Daryl status.

In the comic.........
Spoiler

I feel like you are spot on with your post. Everyone would react differently in a situation like this. It's hard to think of all the effed up things one would be doing to survive. Michonne has made her own path so far in this world and it seems to be working.

Coarse Limely

Coarse Limely

Infected

• Members

Actually a competition fencing foil typically weighs about .25 pounds, just over 100 grams. A katana weighs ten times that and sometimes more.

Jeebus! 2-and-a-half pounds? How can her weak female wrist take that kind of weight? </sarcasm>

Notawalkeryet

Notawalkeryet

S-mart Employee

• Members

I thought all the hype surrounding Daryl and his crossbow was hilarious. Just a few years ago in my state and many other states only the elderly and handicapped were allowed to use crossbows for hunting.

ImRickGrimesBitch

ImRickGrimesBitch

S-mart Employee

• Members

I thought all the hype surrounding Daryl and his crossbow was hilarious. Just a few years ago in my state and many other states only the elderly and handicapped were allowed to use crossbows for hunting.

But the law didn't make them illegal to own, at least if you're not a felon, I guess.. Not sure of the hype you are referring to though...

daveeek

daveeek

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSurrey, UK
just look at the front cover of volume 19 of the comic. Sorry cant attach pic.
When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
Fav character: Daryl but Andrea is hot!!

CrystalBabyGrimm

CrystalBabyGrimm

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

Regarding the reason of her not being attacked by them...
Spoiler

I also think everyone should give her character a chance before they make a decision to not like her. If you've read the comic and still don't like her ok but if you know nothing about her just wait a bit. I was kinda iffy on her in the comic when she first showed up too. It didn't take me long before she was one of my favorites. She has been through a lot and goes through a hell of a lot more.

"One more thing......he was an organ donor".

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia

just look at the front cover of volume 19 of the comic. Sorry cant attach pic.

*Issue 19

And what do you mean about this

Spoiler

rigden33

rigden33

Infected

• Members
How are people going to complain about Michonne being too unrealistic when we have Herschel and his infinite ammo cheat, Carl suddenly being a pro shooter with a gun(headshotting shane in 1 hit), them being unable to see walkers under 5ft away from them throughout the series (Case in point, Patricia's death), etc.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

How are people going to complain about Michonne being too unrealistic when we have Herschel and his infinite ammo cheat, Carl suddenly being a pro shooter with a gun(headshotting shane in 1 hit), them being unable to see walkers under 5ft away from them throughout the series (Case in point, Patricia's death), etc.

Carl was established as a good shot earlier in the season. And it has also been shown that the walker that got Patricia came from behind a tree.

Any other questions?

ImRickGrimesBitch

ImRickGrimesBitch

S-mart Employee

• Members

Carl was established as a good shot earlier in the season. And it has also been shown that the walker that got Patricia came from behind a tree.

Any other questions?

I believe that you left one out from his original post.......

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

I believe that you left one out from his original post.......

Hershel and his Unlimited Ammo cheat? That one's tougher to defend. The only thing I can come up with is to rewatch the episode and look at how many shots he takes before they cut to another scene. Maybe he reloaded in that time.

And he clearly wasn't unlimited as people say. He was trying to reload when Rick saved him.

ImRickGrimesBitch

ImRickGrimesBitch

S-mart Employee

• Members

Hershel and his Unlimited Ammo cheat? That one's tougher to defend. The only thing I can come up with is to rewatch the episode and look at how many shots he takes before they cut to another scene. Maybe he reloaded in that time.

And he clearly wasn't unlimited as people say. He was trying to reload when Rick saved him.

Good defense. I think they call it "movie magic." I don't really care how many shots he took or how many times he reloaded. If they were going to kill him off, he would have ran out of ammo.

People get too obsessed over the little things. The shooting and fighting of the zed's is secondary to me in this show.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
So... I was watching Deadliest Warrior haha...and Katana's can easily cut through human bone and are light weight...evidently. Here's info from the wiki and I'm sure theres youtube vids out there:

"In the episode Viking vs Samurai, the katana was tested against the viking great axe. The first test was on three poles called tatami poles which had the same density as human bone. He cut through all three in one swing, resulting in three kills in just under a third of a second.

It was then tested on a stack of pig carcasses to determine it's slashing power. In one downward slash, the katana cleanly cut through two pigs, earning it the title of a "Two Body Blade."

http://deadliestwarr...com/wiki/Katana

Suck it. And I'm pretty sure the cut through the three tatami poles was with one hand (will have to double check). Of course the guy doing the test was a trained martial artist, but I still think it's feasible that someone with some sword training and 4-5 months of having to survive on your own in a zombie apocalypse would make them more than proficient in defending themselves with their only weapon.

auximenes

auximenes

Lurker

• Members
I've not read this entire thread, but if you've got to pick one long blade to use during a ZA, an authentic katana is a damned good choice. There aren't many other blades out there that come close to the precision crafting a true katana gets. It'll stay sharp as long as you aren't randomly smashing thick bones, wood, stone, or metal. A chop on a walker neck is not going to meet much resistance.

*edit* Looks like at least one person beat me to it, 'theblackboxlies'.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Aww. -1? Looks like someone is butt-hurt....

SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPennslyvania

Aww. -1? Looks like someone is butt-hurt....

+1 now.

I think this Michonne dislike is causing personal bitterness...

Anyway, the katana has been battle proven by the Japanese for a thousand years, from Edo to Port Arthur to Iwo Jima. There is no point in arguing if this sword can behead people, one or two handed.

I believe people's real fear of Michonne is that she'll bring a Kill Bill atmosphere to the show. As season 3 is supposed to follow the comic more, there will be unrealistic comic book elements some people won't like.

I would like a semi-realistic show that borrows elements of the comic, but if AMC wants TWD to be like the X-Men there's really nothing we can do about it.

Notawalkeryet

Notawalkeryet

S-mart Employee

• Members
Sure a katana can be used to cut bodies in half using only one hand. We see it in the comics all the time.

ImRickGrimesBitch

ImRickGrimesBitch

S-mart Employee

• Members
Michonne is shown

Spoiler

So, she would have the strength to properly handle a katana....one handed.

RestInPeace22

RestInPeace22

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMaryland
I'm split on the Michonne debate. She looks awesome, but I felt my eyes rolling slightly when she appeared. Yes the show has a lot unrealistic moments and zombies don't exsist, but the show has a ""what would you do" kinda feel. It's focus on the lives of the living in ZA as well as the world around them. This character just seems to not fit into the world the writers have created and the way they introduced her didn't help. With all the drama Shane, Rick, and Lori made it was weird suddenly seeing this super hero like character appear. I just hope they add some realism to her character and don't make the show about her. I never read the comics, but I really love how raw and real the actions of the characters can be at times even in ZA. It's been a lot moments where the writers were kinda over the top, but if Michonne keeps walking around being super badass with zombies on a chain and cutting down zombies with one swipe they will be overdoing it then.

And I'm excited to see what happen next season, so my complaining isn't really complaining. Just my opinion.;)

Cassie

Cassie

Infected

• Members

1332612910[/url]' post='53468']
The show is a drama about real people interacting with each other in a post apocalyptic world. The zombies that showed up for a few seconds per episode were a backline story. Michonne is a character you would see in a Syfy action thriller and she doesn't fit this show.

So anyone who carries a sword is a Syfy character. No, ***Spoiler*** she has had fencing lessons and actually knows how to use a sword. So why not use it.

Cassie

Cassie

Infected

• Members
Trust me, I understand why people are like wtf but wait until you see more of her before judging the situation.

ImRickGrimesBitch

ImRickGrimesBitch

S-mart Employee

• Members

but if Michonne keeps walking around being super badass with zombies on a chain and cutting down zombies with one swipe they will be overdoing it then.

And I'm excited to see what happen next season, so my complaining isn't really complaining. Just my opinion.;)

Rick and gang have taken walkers out with pen knifes. A sword, sharpened....that would do the trick as easy, or easier, than a knife through a fence. IMO.

I don't think she's a super badass either. Just someone who has found her way, the only way, she could survive.

Not bashing your post, just IMO.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!