• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationCanada
So there are some Internet rumours going around that T-Dogg is a member of another group and somehow ended up with the Atlanta group.

Spoiler

That makes his line about the governor much more interesting.

He was definitely acting a little strange in the S2 finale. With him driving east frantically with some purpose in mind. As well he was the one who suggested they drive east from the freeway. Could he have been leading the group into a trap??

He seems conflicted though. He has made bonds in this group. When Lori tells him to stop or she will get out he acts very torn and frustrated. The most emotion we have seen from him in awhile.

Plus all the strange looks he was giving Rick at the end. You could see the wheels turning in his head.

I hope this is true (or something like it) cause it would finally give Irone some material to bite into to.

Here is a very interesting quote from Glen M about T-doggs lack to stuff to do in S2:

"I've been surprised at this. I have worked on shows before that have characters in the background, and they have been on a slow burn. With T-Dog? I will admit, he has been off to the side and all but forgotten. Part of my job as showrunner has been to really address and develop Rick's character. And some other stuff. Poor T-Dog was left by the fire. Now that he has survived the finale, we're going to correct this. I think IronE Singleton has done a fantastic job of establishing a character, and making people interested in him, with very little to say. That is a strength of the show moving forward. That is a character we are looking to develop in a significant way. We haven't done our work with T-Dog yet, but we are going to roll up our sleeves and get through it."

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • LocationNorth of the Wall. Seriously. I am 200 yards from it.

So there are some Internet rumours going around that T-Dogg is a member of another group and somehow ended up with the Atlanta group.

Spoiler

He was definitely acting a little strange in the S2 finale. With him driving east frantically with some purpose in mind. As well he was the one who suggested they drive east from the freeway. Could he have been leading the group into a trap??

He seems conflicted though. He has made bonds in this group. When Lori tells him to stop or she will get out he acts very torn and frustrated. The most emotion we have seen from him in awhile.

Plus all the strange looks he was giving Rick at the end. You could see the wheels turning in his head.

I hope this is true (or something like it) cause it would finally give Irone some material to bite into to.

Here is a very interesting quote from Glen M about T-doggs lack to stuff to do in S2:

"I've been surprised at this. I have worked on shows before that have characters in the background, and they have been on a slow burn. With T-Dog? I will admit, he has been off to the side and all but forgotten. Part of my job as showrunner has been to really address and develop Rick's character. And some other stuff. Poor T-Dog was left by the fire. Now that he has survived the finale, we're going to correct this. I think IronE Singleton has done a fantastic job of establishing a character, and making people interested in him, with very little to say. That is a strength of the show moving forward. That is a character we are looking to develop in a significant way. We haven't done our work with T-Dog yet, but we are going to roll up our sleeves and get through it."

OH! OH! YES! YEEESSS! Now that would be Iron-e-ic, wouldn't it? It'd be a good bit of story... Let's think, so he was in Atlanta with a couple of the other guys on a scavenge, and he got cut off and left behind by accident; then he found Shane and Merle and the rest and the rest, as they say, is a study in silence and stillness.

Don't Dead Open Inside...

iMuzzaa

iMuzzaa

Infected

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationScotland
I doubt he's a spy for the governor, how would he know about a random group camping just outside Atlanta? imo, I just think they put it in to develop more of T-Dog's character.

SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks

Lurker

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationPennslyvania
That doesn't make any sense....
Spoiler

SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks

Lurker

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationPennslyvania

imo, I just think they put it in to develop more of T-Dog's character.

Yes, it appears to be a larger part of character development and we're reading too far into it.

Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard

Lurker

• Members
  • 448 posts
I think if T-Dog was a spy they would have made him a much bigger character. T-Dog is probably the most unimportant character in the show right now, if they pulled a betrayal story with him it would seem like the writers were just grasping for shock and awe. The writers aren't that desperate. Not to mention, his behavior up to this point doesn't fit a spy like persona. If he had intentionally lost the key to Merle's handcuffs then it would be a different story, but no... he dropped it... like a clumsy oaf. His behavior in season 2 didn't seem that off to me, besides the fact he was on camera for more than 7 seconds (OH!). Him not wanting to go back to the highway, I took as him being a wuss and lets face it... who in the group really cares about T-Dog? He didn't have anyone to go back for really, besides the group in general group and security but I'm sure another group of survivors needs a token black guy.

Finally, the Governor crap in Better Angels. I'm pretty sure it was just the writers being cute, and throwing in a little easter egg to make fans over speculate what was really going to happen. Sure, it was weird he used those exact words and I'm not saying it was a coincidence... I just don't think it will have any significance down the road. This show isn't one for subtle little things coming into play later, it pretty much spoon feeds you details, and makes important ones pretty prominent.

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationCanada
Good points Gingerbeard Man.

I don't know the Governor line seemed to have something. Don't know if it is just a throwaway line.

Skunkworks. I don't think the timeline for rise of the gov works in the tv show. the comic had a much different timeline than the tv show. In the comic rick was at the camp for weeks, on the tv show it was just a few days.

And I'm not saying T-Dogg is part of the govs group but maybe a different group. Randalls group? Nah I don't think so.

Just his behavior in Dying Fire and Bloodletting was really strange. Everytime he has an oppertunity to get away from the group he wants to take it.

In Bloodletting I thought maybe he was just feverish and ranting to Dale. But in Dying Fire he was doing the same thing with Lori and Beth in the truck. He wanted to get away from the group pronto!

and we don't know anything about T-Doggs past. I don't think it would be a desperate move by the writers to show T-Dogg having outside aliences. Maybe spy is a bad term here. Just needed something in the thread title to catch peoples attention.

Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard

Lurker

• Members
  • 448 posts
Well, as I said before... Nobody in the group cares about T-Dog. Lori has Carl and Rick and vice versa, Carol has Daryl now, Glen has Maggie, who does T-Dog have? So, he only looks after himself. I just see T-Dog as a character they keep around... for no reason.

Spoiler

Operational Security

Operational Security

Roamer

• Members
  • 660 posts
I don't buy that theory. Tdog's been with the group since season 1 him being an undercover spy just doesn't add up. I want him to have more screen time but I wouldn't like it if the writers try to make him a shady character.

TigerSingh

TigerSingh

Infected

• Members
  • 78 posts

Spoiler

but whats so important about Ricks group that he needs to go as a undercover spy for last couple months nearly dying several times in the process ?.There would have to be a big motive which i cant really see..He might have a past that might just come out in the open that will surprise everyone and give more depth to his character I believe.I think in season 3 we will be going on about T-Dog being a total BadAss

Sheriff In Town

Sheriff In Town

Infected

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationMaryland
I would love to see this happen, but there's not enough evidence to really argue on either side of it. I'm just going to sit back and watch it unravel. I love the theory though, it'd be a really cool twist...it's a little far fetched though.
"Maybe we got a second chance...not many people get that."

SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks

Lurker

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationPennslyvania

Skunkworks. I don't think the timeline for rise of the gov works in the tv show. the comic had a much different timeline than the tv show. In the comic rick was at the camp for weeks, on the tv show it was just a few days.

True. ROTG dovetails the comic more than the tv show. T-Dog is the most under developed character of the group, and we know almost nothing of his past. So much time was spent on Rick/Lori/Shane/Sophia, that episodes went by with barely a whisper form T-Dog.

It does appear to be true that T-Dog seems to be slightly distracted. Perhaps this was a plot hole the directors left to be filled in later. I think it's more plausible that T-Dog is more concerned about friends and family he left behind. After seeing an interview with Iron E, he said TWD would reveal more about T-Dog's background in S3.

Edited by SkunkWorks, 23 March 2012 - 08:26 PM.

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationLocation Location!
...and the legend of T-Dog continues to grow...

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
I have very little interest in T-Dog as a character, so I would love if something like this played out in season 3. Otherwise, he is there until Merle returns and then his story line is over, imo.

DerpinaKitty

DerpinaKitty

Roamer

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • LocationFlorida
I'm sure they'll figure out a really cool way to work with him.
Shane - He was a loose cannon, but he was our loose cannon.

lastman2012

lastman2012

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Locationsouthwestern Ontario Canuckistan
What would a long term group infiltration learn under these circumstances? How many cans of pork and beans the group has?

Zombie Otis

Zombie Otis

Infected

• Members
  • 3 posts

What would a long term group infiltration learn under these circumstances? How many cans of pork and beans the group has?

Yeah, the only reason the Governor would be interested in them is if they clear out the prison and possess the guns and riot gear in the armory. Other than that if they stay out of his hair he they won't be worth bothering with. He may be a bit of an evil psycho, but he's not stupid.

lastman2012

lastman2012

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Locationsouthwestern Ontario Canuckistan
So quit picking on T-Dog people. He is not a spy, he is an underutilized character who has the added burden of a really dumb name. Go easy on the guy wouldya?

fablezombie

fablezombie

Infected

• Members
  • 18 posts
LOL is all I have to say and what program are you watching?! Lately some of the posts on here truly baffle me...there has never once been an indication of this, so why the hell bother starting a useless thread like this?

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationCanada

LOL is all I have to say and what program are you watching?! Lately some of the posts on here truly baffle me...there has never once been an indication of this, so why the hell bother starting a useless thread like this?

Its the hiatus fablez Its fun to speculate on these things. Would you rather me start another Rick/Shane thread?

The theory that T-Dogg is a spy is far fetched. this isn't war games.

The theory is that tDogg was from woodberry and somehow ended up with the Atlanta group back in S1. He's making the best of things. However as he sees the group unravel he is thinking its best to get back to Woodberry when he can.

The Governor

The Governor

Lurker

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMidlands, England
Yeah, can't see this for a moment.

If it came about, I'd be very disappointed at the writers. They must try harder to get T-Dog into episodes but not at the expense of a badly-conceived spy/betrayal storyline.

The Ricktatorship begins!!!

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationCanada
For the few sceens T-Dogg has had I think he would work better as an antagonist.

Being the nice guy in the background just doesn't work. But if he was the creepy lurking guy in the backgroud that would be great!

Major Tom

Major Tom

Biter

• Members
  • 1,347 posts
  • LocationCommonwealth of Lower Alabama
I doubt it.

No matter how you look at the time line, it would seem the Woodbury group would have formed about the same time Atlanta fell. It is in Georgia and it wouldn't have formed before the ZA.

The Governor line by T-Dog may have been a teaser, but "word from the Governor" is a common expression related to a condemned man being saved.

If he had been part of the Governor's group, why wouldn't he just let Lori out and keep on trucking? Also, if he were trying to convince Lori to go with him, why not give her a better story than head for the coast. Something like, I know a safe place, would have been better.

I get what you mean about speculation during the hiatus, but I am the eternal skeptic, when it comes to things like this. I am plenty stoked just to see the prison arc and how it will diverge from the comic.

This would be a quirky turn of events and in spite of fan speculation regarding the Jenner whisper and other things, the show has not had any quirky events so far..
For a reasonable fee, I will quell minor outbreaks, enforce quarantines, and dispatch infected relatives.

RazzleDazzle

RazzleDazzle

Infected

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationDoncaster, UK
I think it would be VERY lazy writing on the writers' part if they went down this road - But i reckon T-Dogg will get all emotional when they find the prison and he'll spill the beans bout him being there before or along those lines.

With T-dogg being
Spoiler
they've got a blank canvass with his background, they just haven't filled anything in yet

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationCanada
The only hint we have had about T-Dog's background is that he may be a locksmith/security guy. He knew about the lock on the roof that held Merle. He was tring to hack the keypad lock on the door at the CDC. Plus he handled the lock that held Randall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!