Photo

What's the real cause for Zombie Apocalypse ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: What's the real cause for Zombie Apocalypse ? (72 member(s) have cast votes)

What's the real cause for Zombie Apocalypse ?

1. A Pandemic Virus which is not man made ? (12 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. A biological weapon created by the military who lost control of it..? (38 votes [52.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.78%

3. Virus came from out of space via meteor ? (1 votes [1.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

4. Aliens destroying humanity to take earths resources ? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Satanic ? (1 votes [1.39%] - View)

6. Mankinds Bad collective Karma ? (2 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

7. Divine Plan .All will be good in the end regardles if its bad now once man learns the lesson which will lead to a cure..Like you need the Dark to appreciate the Light ? (1 votes [1.39%] - View)

8. Evolution Process ? Like once the dinosaurs ruled the world but eventulally after destructution became extinct for Man to finally dominate but now its mans turn to get extinct for some greater species to evolve and dominate? ? (4 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

9. Lori's cooking ? (10 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

10. A combination of above (3 votes [4.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TigerSingh

TigerSingh

Infected

• Members
  • 78 posts
Im sure this may have been discussed before but its interesting to see the many theories that may have caused the ZA and what others think...

Edited by TigerSingh, 21 March 2012 - 01:46 PM.

mx1

mx1

Infected

• Members
  • 25 posts
a combo of the above, i think its a biblical event like Herschel mentioned in the finale...maybe it was gods wrath started by an out of control man-made biological weapon maybe not , but it is a act of god and there will be a cure/end eventually

nixar

nixar

Infected

• Members
  • 11 posts
the best option is missing: I don't care

if I had to care, I would say it's like the idea of god, it's man made :)
I'd rather be playing cosmic encounter

fablezombie

fablezombie

Infected

• Members
  • 18 posts

Zombie Apocalypse course = Too many Z movies and TV shows, people got Z envy and turned...

head_creeps

head_creeps

Infected

• Members
  • 97 posts
I'd say it started as a weaponized bio-weapon, created by our government (or at least acquired and studied by our government). Perhaps they tried a control test of it somewhere, but then it mutated in ways beyond their expectation, or spread in more ways than they thought possible (air, water, etc.). And perhaps there was a supernatural force at work there, too. A bit like the super plague in The Stand -- starts as a military thing, but then the dukes of hell, so to speak, become involved, with Randall Flagg being the duke assigned to America and Canada. Maybe we'll learn, some day far in the future. I think it's best that we never learn it all, though, that big chunks of the story remain shrouded in mystery. Makes it more interesting. Thought, of course, I would like to know more!

Erasure

Erasure

Lurker

• Members
  • 145 posts
I watch a lot of zombie product, but can't think of what the cause of a zombie epidemic might be. Virus works for 28 days later zombies, but not for long lasting zombies who can still function with most of their body missing. I can't find a potential cause in the list of causes that works for me, so I prefer to stick with not really knowing the cause.

I suppose if I had to choose, it would be aliens getting rid of mankind as a potential threat. But if they had the technology to create zombies, then wouldn't they have the technology to destroy humanity in some other way.

If it was a zombie comedy, then perhaps the cause could be that it's some unbelievably advanced but very twisted alien civilisation and the zombie apocalypse is some sort of reality TV show, where in each episode they destroy some aliens (e.g. us) with some absolutely weird apocalypse. For their viewing pleasure.

SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks

Lurker

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationPennslyvania
I think it comes from two parents - Night of the Living Dead and Stephen Kings' The Stand.

28 Days Later married zombies with man-made plague.
TWD pre-dates 28 Days Later so I don't know where the original idea of zombie plague came from.

TigerSingh

TigerSingh

Infected

• Members
  • 78 posts
I think at some stage they would have to bring in some reason to why it happened to add another dimension to the story and then later probably a hunt for a cure but that can go on for a long time

DayWalker

DayWalker

Survivor

• Members
  • 574 posts
As much as I wanted to vote for Lori's cooking, I had to vote Pandemic. It seems unlikely its a weaponized virus. Why in the world would you want the enemy to regenerate?

TigerSingh

TigerSingh

Infected

• Members
  • 78 posts

As much as I wanted to vote for Lori's cooking, I had to vote Pandemic. It seems unlikely its a weaponized virus. Why in the world would you want the enemy to regenerate?

DayWalker it could be a reaction to what they were trying to create but it went all wrong and went out of control.No wonder the army moved so fast to drop what seemed Napalm or something.And where is the US army ? Apart from most who could have turned still with the size of the US army some pockets of battalions and soldiers would still will be somewhere i guess

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationLocation Location!
"What's the real cause of the Zombie Apocalypse?"

Was there a false cause given? ;)

Silverbane

Silverbane

Infected

• Members
  • 3 posts
Maybe they were trying to create a vaccine or cure for something and it turned out wrong. Like they had good intentions in the beginning but screwed up the world in the end.

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...
The real cause of the ZA is
Spoiler

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • 1,328 posts

1332352005[/url]' post='51743']
The real cause of the ZA is

Spoiler

I was thinking more along the lines of

Spoiler

...damneth be the grounder that got past him and caused the rise of all the unruley Boston walkers...

lastman2012

lastman2012

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Locationsouthwestern Ontario Canuckistan
I think it is preservatives in our food supply coupled with the advent of genetically engineered food. Separately it is safe of course, the government says so but together it caused mutations of the common cold virus that no one could have forseen.

Either that or it is aliens. Patient aliens who don't want to waste the energy to do away with us by blasting us into oblivion.

TigerSingh

TigerSingh

Infected

• Members
  • 78 posts

Maybe they were trying to create a vaccine or cure for something and it turned out wrong. Like they had good intentions in the beginning but screwed up the world in the end.

Maybe they were working on a cure for Necrotizing fasciitis( flesh eating bug) or trying to manipulate it to use as biological weapon against the enemy but having immunity themselves but instead it mutated into something much worse and went airborne

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,257 posts
  • LocationThe Island of Misfit Toys
Fluoride in the water supply. It dilutes our precious bodily fluids.
The writins' on the wall, there's a bruise on his face. Daddys come and go, mammas on a date.
He's just cold an hungry, playin ain't no fun. And if he ever grows up, he'll get him a gun.

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • 1,328 posts

1332371443[/url]' post='51990']
Fluoride in the water supply. It dilutes our precious bodily fluids.

That fits in well with my next guess, Florence Henderson.

maximus_pr

maximus_pr

Infected

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationApopka FL
goat and sheep clonation

Babs Bladdyblah

Babs Bladdyblah

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,006 posts
Spoiler

:D
It's all daft. Daft like buggery, innit?

Babs Bladdyblah

Babs Bladdyblah

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,006 posts

That fits in well with my next guess, Florence Henderson.

LMAO
It's all daft. Daft like buggery, innit?

DeadManWalking

DeadManWalking

Infected

• Members
  • 6 posts
Genetically engineered crops or overuse of antibiotics in our food supply. Hey, that's how MRSA came about, the flesh eating bacteria..

lastman2012

lastman2012

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Locationsouthwestern Ontario Canuckistan
Hmmmmm flesh eating zombies......... Flesh eating disease.

iMuzzaa

iMuzzaa

Infected

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationScotland

but it is a act of god and there will be a cure/end eventually

You say that as if it is fact.

TigerSingh

TigerSingh

Infected

• Members
  • 78 posts
When they were showing the walkers munching on cows I was thinking then is it a hint to BSE/CJD ( mad cow disease) which affects the brain..Remeber the disease spread when cattle were fed the remains of other cattle in the form of meat and bone feed which then spread to humans after they ate the same cattle

Edited by TigerSingh, 22 March 2012 - 09:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!