Photo

Why does Michonne keep walkers on chains?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

WalkMeDead

WalkMeDead

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 107 posts
Guess by doing this, keeping walkers on chains to follow her around, may actually fool other walkers to think that she is one of them...

Is this her way to walk around walkers by having walkers walking with her?

SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks

Lurker

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationPennslyvania
Yes, and she knew both of the chained walkers. Show may reveal more of that story later.

WalkMeDead

WalkMeDead

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 107 posts
Does she really know them as if they used to be her friends / relatives? Or know them as her pets?

lastman2012

lastman2012

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Locationsouthwestern Ontario Canuckistan
This very thing was mentioned on The Talking Dead last night and it is the general consensus. I am wondering how realistic it would be. If the walkers are used to "dead smell, it would be an ambient odour for them. If a live person were introduced, I'd think that it would be like someone in a cosmetic aisle in a drug store having someone pass behind them who lets a fart. You would not miss it even it it were missed in the all the cosmetic smells where you were standing.

jtbeck

jtbeck

Infected

• Members
  • 6 posts
Not sure if this is spoiler-worthy or not, but just in case:
Spoiler

SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks

Lurker

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationPennslyvania

Does she really know them as if they used to be her friends / relatives? Or know them as her pets?

She knew them well when they were people.

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • LocationNorth of the Wall. Seriously. I am 200 yards from it.
A more pertinent question and one not answered in Playboy, is just why she has a couple of human-neck-chains so easily to hand and quite why her boyfriend seemed to have his 'friend' round.

Don't Dead Open Inside...

WalkMeDead

WalkMeDead

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 107 posts
Hmmm....sounds like Michonne is still human...and she may need her boyfriend's services in this lonely world...:lol:

THE WALKING DEAD ADDICT

THE WALKING DEAD ADDICT

Infected

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationEngland, Pegswood (Near Newcastle)
She had the walkers there in the comic cos the other walkers didn't notice her and the walkers on the chains masked her smell making all the walkers around her believe that she was one of them.
"Cato kneels beside Clove, spear in hand, begging her to stay with him. In a moment, he will realize it's futile; she can't be saved." ~The Hunger Games, Page 351.

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationLocation Location!
Not to mention silly string wasn't enough to keep them at bay...

xBewm

xBewm

Infected

• Members
  • 7 posts
Spoiler

RunningBuffet

RunningBuffet

Infected

• Members
  • 17 posts

Not sure if this is spoiler-worthy or not, but just in case:

Spoiler

Or maybe ...
Spoiler
[

RunningBuffet

RunningBuffet

Infected

• Members
  • 17 posts

Spoiler

Spoiler

iMuzzaa

iMuzzaa

Infected

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationScotland

A more pertinent question and one not answered in Playboy, is just why she has a couple of human-neck-chains so easily to hand and quite why her boyfriend seemed to have his 'friend' round.

She might have been into bondage or something.

SimonSays

SimonSays

Infected

• Members
  • 34 posts
probably to hide her scent. but did anyone notice that they looked like twins? by they I mean the walkers in chains.
Posted Image

ibivibiv

ibivibiv

Infected

• Members
  • 77 posts
I'll sum it up.... she keeps walkers on chains because she is a TOTAL BAD ASS!!!!!!!
Posted Image

Damon Z

Damon Z

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSouth of Atlanta.
Way too much is being put on her chained walkers. I'm 100% positive they're gone quick in season 3.

"It's not the same as killing the dead ones, daddy"

Planetary

Planetary

Infected

• Members
  • 47 posts

Way too much is being put on her chained walkers. I'm 100% positive they're gone quick in season 3.

Indeed. They're a gimmick. I may be wrong, but I do not remember any explanation from the comics involving scent, smeared walker guts and "blending in." I do remember Michonne said the stopped trying to attack her "a long time ago," had no problem parting with them, and then they were dropped and forgotten.

Undeadhead

Undeadhead

Infected

• Members
  • 86 posts
Nevermind.

Edited by Undeadhead, 19 March 2012 - 10:04 PM.

mr teaspoon

mr teaspoon

Roamer

• Members
  • 528 posts

Maybe because he was having GAY SEX, derp derp derp!

badfish74

badfish74

Infected

• Members
  • 19 posts
Well if going by the book...

Spoiler

seanmcm157

seanmcm157

Infected

• Members
  • 30 posts
Well while she is out in the wide world of z's the harmless and giving up z,s behind her mask her smell from the other z's so they keep her safe, but when she finally finds somewhere safe to stay she litterly cuts em loose lol

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?opqmnz

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!