• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Damon Z

Damon Z

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth of Atlanta.

Personally I think that the helicopter scene was just to show how long it took for the walkers to start migrating(note that Glenn actually commented on the herd migrating-just to labour the point). The passing of time in TWD is another subject worthy of debate. To be honest I'm not really sure how long its been since the za took hold, but I don't think its as long, as it seems, as the season doesn't seem to have changed although I live in the UK and I dont know what the seasons are like in that part of the US.

It started mid to late Sept according to the Rise Of The Governor novel. I'm guessing it's mid to late November possibly even early December in the show.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

"It's not the same as killing the dead ones, daddy"

seanmcm157

seanmcm157

Infected

• Members
  • 30 posts
Will that helicopter at the start of ep13 have anything todo with the helicopter in the comics??

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?m5ep3q

WalkerBait77

WalkerBait77

Infected

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
That link seems to be out of commission :(
Goonies Never Say Die!

The Governor

The Governor

Lurker

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMidlands, England
When we saw it in the first episode, I thought they were unrelated. The fact that they have brought it back into our consciousness in the S2 finale makes me think it will be the same helicopter from the comics.

Spoiler

The Ricktatorship begins!!!

Ebusus

Ebusus

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUndead Island
The helicopter shown in the season finale is supposed to be the same Rick sees when he is on horse in Atlanta. Its a clever way to portray how the undead have slowly marched in the direction of that last sound and how it has taken them weeks to reach the vicinity of Hershels farm.
In the comic Rick & Co follow a helicopter which brings them into knowledege of the Woodbury group. It would be very cheesy if both events would be related.

seanmcm157

seanmcm157

Infected

• Members
  • 30 posts

The helicopter shown in the season finale is supposed to be the same Rick sees when he is on horse in Atlanta. Its a clever way to portray how the undead have slowly marched in the direction of that last sound and how it has taken them weeks to reach the vicinity of Hershels farm.
In the comic Rick & Co follow a helicopter which brings them into knowledege of the Woodbury group. It would be very cheesy if both events would be related.

yea I think you correct with it being very cheesy if it was the Same chopper
http://maps.google.c...7&sensor=true14 Peppering Way, Westminster WA 6061, Australia

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cje1b0

The Governor

The Governor

Lurker

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMidlands, England
Why would it be cheesy?

The Ricktatorship begins!!!

TheAnarchrist

TheAnarchrist

Lurker

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
Cheesy? Maybe for you. I, personally, think it would be cool to bring that full circle. I'll go further to say I -bet- it's gonna be the same one and it's gonna first show the group that Rick wasn't lying/seeing things in Atlanta... it's then gonna give them hope for a few moments.... then it's gonna crash.... then it's gonna further story.
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
- Sincerely, Walkers

wyrd

wyrd

Lurker

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationSevilla
Exactly my guess: (spoiler for those of you who don't read the comics)
Spoiler

Make love not war!

tWDpain177

tWDpain177

Infected

• Members
  • 46 posts
In the Talking Dead after the episode that question was brought up and Mazzara and Kirkman agreed that it was about four months time that has passed. No definite timeline, but a good estimate of time for the show.

DirtyDeeJay

DirtyDeeJay

Lurker

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationEngland
Comic related spoiler:

Spoiler

Although i do believe in this case it was just an explanation as to the size and growth of the herd

Posted Image

Herschel Infinite Ammo Cheat: R2, R2, L1, R2, LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, UP, LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, UP.

Erasure

Erasure

Lurker

• Members
  • 162 posts
It also helps protect the show from OCD viewers who note that some of the extras from the S01 E01 and S02 E13 zombigeddeon scenes are the same extras.

seanmcm157

seanmcm157

Infected

• Members
  • 30 posts
Ok the helicopter in the last ep was there to show how the z's migrate, it may or may not have been the same time Rick spotted it but I say it was.

Like it states in the comics z's are real simple creatures for example " one z walks past a door and brushes the door handle, another zombie spots that z brushing the door and thinks its trying to get in so that z starts banging on the door then other z's see what's going on and so on and so on.

Now that helicopter is the same theory a small group of z's or walkers herd a sound which sets them off in a direction then brush past other lurkers that then get up and join the herd of walkers that were following a sound they herd days ago.
They just keep migrating in that direction until they here or see something that gets there interest ie Shane's last die shot from his gun.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0jib1n

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Members
  • 3,297 posts
  • LocationThe Beyond
Chopper was from season 1 just showing the time line of that herd

""If a zombie bites you, you turn into a zombie. However, if a mummy bites you, all you turn into is some schmo with a mummy bite..."
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...
One thing I don't understand (and I'd love if someone could clear this up if there is an answer to it), with the helicopter attracting the Zs towards the highway, how did they not hear any of the firing from Rick/Merle. Rick got to the tank no more than 5 minutes after seeing the chopper, and no more than 5 minutes later had he gotten to the building (in which he fired multiple times). Shortly after, Merle is seen firing several shots from the rooftop.

How did the Zs not get attracted to the multiple shots from the survivors???

Logic?

Logic?

Infected

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

One thing I don't understand (and I'd love if someone could clear this up if there is an answer to it), with the helicopter attracting the Zs towards the highway, how did they not hear any of the firing from Rick/Merle. Rick got to the tank no more than 5 minutes after seeing the chopper, and no more than 5 minutes later had he gotten to the building (in which he fired multiple times). Shortly after, Merle is seen firing several shots from the rooftop.

How did the Zs not get attracted to the multiple shots from the survivors???

Exactly. Plus, these walkers walked a long way. You can't tell me that something else wouldn't of popped up between Atlanta and the farm that would of caught their attention, and gotten them off track.

The logic in the final episode is flawed in many areas. I however just decide to look past it and enjoy the show for what ti is.

Posted Image

ThE GuVnA!

ThE GuVnA!

Infected

• Banned
  • 1 posts
I don't know if everyone is as up to date as myself with watching and reading Robert kirkman and glenn mazzera and anyone from the shows interviews like i am but Robert just said interview after the finale the we will see the helicoptor again. and if your familiar with the helicoptor
Spoiler

Edited by gracie lou, 22 March 2012 - 06:30 PM.
tag

Jacko

Jacko

Infected

• Members
  • 2 posts
I honestly think it was
Spoiler
What do y'all think?

NewJeffCT

NewJeffCT

Lurker

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationSouthern New England, USA
I think that might need the spoiler tag on it.

But, I think it might be the same helicopter Rick saw in the first episode - they just showed it from a different angle and how its flight led to a bunch of Atlanta walkers following it and eventually making its way towards Hershel's farm - they showed days and days passing through that zombie montage opening, so I think it was the same.

Jacko

Jacko

Infected

• Members
  • 2 posts
I thought it might too, but it's not like it's been revealed? haha sorry if it is... I thought that too, it might be either one. Or something else!

I think that might need the spoiler tag on it.

But, I think it might be the same helicopter Rick saw in the first episode - they just showed it from a different angle and how its flight led to a bunch of Atlanta walkers following it and eventually making its way towards Hershel's farm - they showed days and days passing through that zombie montage opening, so I think it was the same.

chewygooey

chewygooey

Infected

• Members
  • 70 posts
i too, think it needs a spoiler tag. not too late!

from the context, what ive heard from the writers, it definitely was going to the prison.it definitely WAS the same helicopter rick saw. that has been confirmed.

Edited by chewygooey, 20 March 2012 - 10:49 PM.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
Spoiler

Edited by Matt, 21 March 2012 - 02:21 AM.

Posted Image

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationLocation Location!
I would say Cee Lo Green looking for the nearest McDonald's, but the above responses seem a little more legitimate.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN
One other thing I noticed when it showed the herd coming together & moving on was that @ one point it looked like they were near the quarry encampment from S1. The area where they buried the bodys from the Walker attack & where rick called Morgan on the radio. I'm sure it was only a area that looked like it thinking back but it would've been cool to show em walking thru the quarry on their way north.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
  • 2,088 posts
One of them said on Talking Dead that the helicopter shown is the one Rick saw in the pilot. It was to show how the walkers were attracted to it, started following it, and over time and months? eventually found the farm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!