- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

CaptainJax

CaptainJax

Infected

• Members
  • 44 posts
So we did see the helicopter when Rick went to the city on a horse, it might or might not of been his mind playing tricks, but now it is confirmed that it was really there, but what I think everyone is thinking is, does the noise of the helicopter simply make the zombies curious to check it out? Or does it have some sort of undetected mechanism that makes the zombies follow it? Say something that drives the parasite/virus to follow whatever it is driving them?

Speculation: Who do you think is in the helicopter? Bad people? Good people? Scientists trying to lure the walkers to come to a certain spot? Say to migrate up north? Or somewhere else? If the helicopter was looking for survivors, it would have circled at least a few times over the city, but it flew straight across, indicating that it had no interest of finding survivors and might of been used for a larger group of people, say a scientific research party, or a military group? Maybe it is @a military helicopter used by the governor, searching for a new home, say.. a prison perhaps?

Do you think it and the people using it will play a critical in upcoming seasons?

Edited by CaptainJax, 19 March 2012 - 02:26 PM.

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  • LocationCanada
Yes the helicopter was real! Not just Ricks imagination.

Damon Z

Damon Z

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSouth of Atlanta.
I don't recall any of the Governor's people having the skills to fly a helicopter.
Spoiler
I seriously doubt it's the Governor's people.

"It's not the same as killing the dead ones, daddy"

CaptainJax

CaptainJax

Infected

• Members
  • 44 posts

I don't recall any of the Governor's people having the skills to fly a helicopter.

Spoiler
I seriously doubt it's the Governor's people.

It might be another change they make for the TV show, do you think it will have anything to do with Merle? Or who do you think is in the helicopter?

icomputergeek

icomputergeek

Infected

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Locationfollow the yellow brick road
I live in a city with loud factories and cars going by everyday but I can still hear a helicopter or plane from quite a distance. So how come know one on the farm could hear it? It flew right near the barn, and since there being no noise traffic the sound would be clear as a bell.

Cobra4B

Cobra4B

Infected

• Members
  • 14 posts

I live in a city with loud factories and cars going by everyday but I can still hear a helicopter or plane from quite a distance. So how come know one on the farm could hear it? It flew right near the barn, and since there being no noise traffic the sound would be clear as a bell.

The helicopter flew over downtown Atlanta and was the catalyst which got the walkers moving. They eventually grew to a herd that just kept on moving. I don't think the helo was anywhere close to the farm.

zombiemma

zombiemma

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGainesville, Florida

A better question is, why did only Rick hear/see the helicopter in Atlanta back in season one, but not the rest of the gang, who I believe at the time were standing atop that building with Merle. I guess that's a question for the first season threads, though.

Cobra4B

Cobra4B

Infected

• Members
  • 14 posts
Reading more about it I think the helocopter scene was supposed to be the same scene from season 1 to show that the walker herd had been steadily walking/growing ever since then i.e. two seasons.

Michonne's Sword

Michonne's Sword

Infected

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAbington, Pa

The helicopter flew over downtown Atlanta and was the catalyst which got the walkers moving. They eventually grew to a herd that just kept on moving. I don't think the helo was anywhere close to the farm.

This was my assumption too. I don't recall seeing it flying anywhere near the farm.

Ellis

Ellis

Infected

• Members
  • 18 posts
I'm pretty sure they are setting this up just like the comic....don't read below if you haven't read the comics....

Spoiler

tex

tex

Lurker

• Members
  • 207 posts
I liked Laurie Holden's explanation last night on Talking Dead - the helicopter right now simply represents "hope" nothing more nothing less.

No way of knowing who is in it or what it was doing, but it is proof that SOMEONE else is out there and at least has the resources to fly a helicopter (which is more than our run-out-of-gas group has).

Cobra4B

Cobra4B

Infected

• Members
  • 14 posts
But is this a new instance of the helo flying? Or, is it a flashback to when Rick saw it in Season 1 to illustrate how long the herd has been moving/growing?

lastman2012

lastman2012

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Locationsouthwestern Ontario Canuckistan
The people in the helicopter are the 1%ers who are flying around to see how the extermination of the 99%ers is coming along. They are fully inoculated against the virus so unless they go down where the walkers actually are, it's just entertainment for them.

tWDpain177

tWDpain177

Infected

• Members
  • 36 posts

But is this a new instance of the helo flying? Or, is it a flashback to when Rick saw it in Season 1 to illustrate how long the herd has been moving/growing?

I think that it is a different flight of possibly the same helicopter. I thought that Rick saw the helicopter while he was on the horse and that made him change direction. But the walkers were eating the horse when they saw the helicopter fly by.

TheAnarchrist

TheAnarchrist

Lurker

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

I think that it is a different flight of possibly the same helicopter. I thought that Rick saw the helicopter while he was on the horse and that made him change direction. But the walkers were eating the horse when they saw the helicopter fly by.

Watch it again. They were eating a dog. I watched it three times last night.
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
- Sincerely, Walkers

tWDpain177

tWDpain177

Infected

• Members
  • 36 posts
Okay, if that's true then it might explain the mass of walkers when Rick turned the corner.

BUT...then why would they continue to follow the helicopter when the small group was still in Atlanta trying to escape with Rick and all the noise they kicked up?

I still feel that the helicopter flight was after they all got out of town and back to the quarry. Just my read of the events shown.

Glenn

Glenn

Infected

• Members
  • 13 posts
Personally I think that the helicopter scene was just to show how long it took for the walkers to start migrating(note that Glenn actually commented on the herd migrating-just to labour the point). The passing of time in TWD is another subject worthy of debate. To be honest I'm not really sure how long its been since the za took hold, but I don't think its as long, as it seems, as the season doesn't seem to have changed although I live in the UK and I dont know what the seasons are like in that part of the US.

Crushedknee

Crushedknee

Infected

• Members
  • 94 posts
Interesting thing about the copter is I think there might be a lot of fuel still around for it..In airport and helipads..Unlike cars few people have access to airports or the ability to fly aircraft. Airports can have huge amounts fuel stored and are often feed by direct refinery pipelines.Once thing went to heck they probable shut down civilian flight traffic..You can Scout things from the air and make quick scavenging runs and escape from the roof. A Survival group might do very well by using a helicopter and being based out of an airport..

bilb_o

bilb_o

Infected

• Members
  • 14 posts
Is anybody else curious about the helicopter? Where did it come from, where was it headed to, who was in it? I'm actually hoping that it would lead the story into the mystery behind the "infection" but as far as I understand from the comic readers that kind of resolution is not in the story. do you think that the helicopter will have a significance in the TV series? Government agents safe from the "infection" flying to a safe zone etc... Is that too 28 Days later :)?

zoms

zoms

Infected

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOntarioh-no

Reading more about it I think the helocopter scene was supposed to be the same scene from season 1 to show that the walker herd had been steadily walking/growing ever since then i.e. two seasons.

Indeed I think you're right, I noticed that the walkers that first saw the helicopter were eating what looked like the remains of rick's horse. (turns out it was probably a dog.. should've read the whole thread :P) It seems logical too that the distance out of Atlanta that the group covered in vehicles would have taken that long for the ambling walkers.

Edited by zoms, 20 March 2012 - 02:25 AM.

MidwestCountyChoppas

MidwestCountyChoppas

Infected

• Members
  • 32 posts
No doubt, it's Murdock in the helicopter

Edited by MidwestCountyChoppas, 20 March 2012 - 02:39 AM.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • LocationIndiana

A better question is, why did only Rick hear/see the helicopter in Atlanta back in season one, but not the rest of the gang, who I believe at the time were standing atop that building with Merle. I guess that's a question for the first season threads, though.

i was just pondering this earlier....maybe they were inside? i remember that when glenn pulls rick inside, they're all in the 'loading' area - except for merle? so maybe merle was on the roof and saw the helo but decided not to tell anyone or got too caught up in his racist tirade?

thoughts?

Posted Image

ZombieGMX

ZombieGMX

Infected

• Members
  • 20 posts
No, it was a flash back and that was the remains of Rick's horse.. Th flashback was utilized to show the size and migration of the herd out of town and towards Herschel's farm. They might have walked right on by but if you watch again, you will hear the gunshot that kills Zombie Shane and then see the walkers take a hard right turn towards the gunshot. Transcript notes about the show explain it as a flash back to the day Rick rode the horse into down town Atlanta.

"Great minds taste alike!"

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN

No doubt, it's Murdock in the helicopter

I hear he's howling mad! (Also nice name drop.) :lol: :lol:

Karlsbadeye

Karlsbadeye

Infected

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm pretty sure they are setting this up just like the comic....don't read below if you haven't read the comics....

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!