Photo

Why weren't the zombies trying to eat her?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

FreeRandall

FreeRandall

Infected

• Members
  • 5 posts
I know they don't have lower jaws or arms, but why weren't they trying to eat her anyways? They were behind her so shouldn't they at least be tempting from seeing her in front of them, and shouldn't they be trying to at least eat her with their upper teeth? I'm just asking...

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • LocationNorth of the Wall. Seriously. I am 200 yards from it.

I know they don't have lower jaws or arms, but why weren't they trying to eat her anyways? They were behind her so shouldn't they at least be tempting from seeing her in front of them, and shouldn't they be trying to at least eat her with their upper teeth? I'm just asking...

^This. It always bugged me slightly in the comics, but I suspended disbelief... Now... I can actually see them and they're placid. Surely they should still be ravening, even if impotently (sounds like me after a couple of cheeky sherries)...

But no, they're going to trog along behind, being all nice and calm... Posted Image

Don't Dead Open Inside...

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationThe Island of Misfit Toys

^This. It always bugged me slightly in the comics, but I suspended disbelief... Now... I can actually see them and they're placid. Surely they should still be ravening, even if impotently (sounds like me after a couple of cheeky sherries)...

But no, they're going to trog along behind, being all nice and calm... Posted Image

Thorazine perhaps?Posted Image

The writins' on the wall, there's a bruise on his face. Daddys come and go, mammas on a date.
He's just cold an hungry, playin ain't no fun. And if he ever grows up, he'll get him a gun.

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

No thanks, I just ate.

jenna2008

jenna2008

Lurker

• Members
  • 211 posts
Maybe these are a new breed of genius zombies?
I mean, how many times can you continuously bump into someone before you realize that you can't do anything about it.
We've seen stealth zombies and ninja zombies....why not smart zombies?? Posted Image
Daryl: You shoot me again? You best pray I'm dead.

Zombie-Chowdown

Zombie-Chowdown

Infected

• Members
  • 21 posts

She says in the comic they gave up trying to eat her long ago

Edited by Zombie-Chowdown, 19 March 2012 - 09:57 AM.

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

watch again the episode and look at even in the comics both the zombies have no lower jaws..lol

That's not the point the OP or I were trying to make... Even sans lower jaws I'd expected the zeds to be 'having a go' at eating Michonne whilst they were just wandering around... Yes, they'd be bloody useless at it, but so was Hannah, and she'd only lost her legs. And also, Daryl's bodyless head that Dale put out of misery. It was still after a bite if only it could have worked out how to motor itself along the floor...

Even if they were pathetically bumping up against Michonne's shoulders, clamping down their crap little top jaws on her shoulders that would have been more 'to type'!

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

I mean, how many times can you continuously bump into someone before you realize that you can't do anything about it.
We've seen stealth zombies and ninja zombies....why not smart zombies?? Posted Image

Best. Answer. Yet. Posted Image

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

She says in the comic they gave up trying to eat her long ago

But that never rang true either... These things will hang around outside a house for... well... we don't know - we assume it's until something else takes their attention... They surely cannot make a conscious decision not to do what's in their very un-nature?!

Zombie-Chowdown

Zombie-Chowdown

Infected

• Members
  • 21 posts

But that never rang true either... These things will hang around outside a house for... well... we don't know - we assume it's until something else takes their attention... They surely cannot make a conscious decision not to do what's in their very un-nature?!

I agree with you alot of the things they are putting into the show now are kind of confusing.

Survivor

Survivor

Infected

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway
What if a zombie thought a moving three in the wind/something similar was eatable? They would sure try a couple of times, but they would understand it is not eatable in the end and give up. As Michonne has kept them around for a while, they are not thinking of her as food, but as something else moving like a three in the wind OR maybe just another zombie.

I think Michonne is looked upon as someone in their group by the zombie pets.

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

What if a zombie thought a moving three in the wind/something similar was eatable? They would sure try a couple of times, but they would understand it is not eatable in the end and give up. As Michonne has kept them around for a while, they are not thinking of her as food, but as something else moving like a three in the wind OR maybe just another zombie.

Okay, I get the idea that they've accepted Michonne as a zombie, but... Come on, surely she doesn't smell all that bad...

FreeRandall

FreeRandall

Infected

• Members
  • 5 posts
If she walked around with them blindholded it would make much more sense. Or gouge their eyes out or something.

RoamerKiller

RoamerKiller

Infected

• Members
  • 5 posts
I think it's because maybe they know in some way they have no more form of offence so the just stand there like idiots,
It could also be her cloak that is blocking her scent?

Kyle

Kyle

Infected

• Members
  • 36 posts
I was going to start a thread on this but I saw this so let me say first that I never read the comics but I've found out about Michonne just from the internet and let me say that I don't like the idea of Michonne for the TV show. She seems to fantasy for me and the two zombies should be making an attempt at eating her. The zombies seem too disciplined and like they gave up. From what I know from the show zombies never seem to quit and will still fight to feed. I know its early for her character in the show but I'm not feeling it and it feels too fake for a show that tries to keep realism to an extent.

SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks

Lurker

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationPennslyvania
It doesn't matter. They're just decoys anyway.

TheAnarchrist

TheAnarchrist

Lurker

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
Posted this in multiple threads: Zombies have many times shown an affinity for humans that they have been exposed to over a long period. Romero's Day of the Dead had Bub.... TWD has
Spoiler
... they just become sort of docile and lose interest in their main human contact as a food source. But whatevs.
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
- Sincerely, Walkers

Babs Bladdyblah

Babs Bladdyblah

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,006 posts

:lol: :lol:
It's all daft. Daft like buggery, innit?

Zed_is_dead

Zed_is_dead

Infected

• Members
  • 13 posts
Spoiler

Buckeyegeek

Buckeyegeek

Roamer

• Members
  • 212 posts

:lol: :lol:

Glen on Talking Dead said they had given up when they realized it was futile without arms or lower jaws.

zombiejoe

zombiejoe

Infected

• Members
  • 16 posts

Best post Jenna!

Jonathan

Jonathan

Lurker

• Members
  • 436 posts
Eh......

We all know from Shaun of the Dead that zombies can be taught to perform other tasks:

[img]http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/faction/inline/66153-2.jpg[/img]

Erasure

Erasure

Lurker

• Members
  • 145 posts

Could be smell. Michonne wears heavy clothing. Perhaps with the correct smell in the clothing, she wouldn't smell like food. Compare the smell camouflage in the second episode of the first series.

Erasure

Erasure

Lurker

• Members
  • 145 posts

Eh......

We all know from Shaun of the Dead that zombies can be taught to perform other tasks:

[img]http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/faction/inline/66153-2.jpg[/img]

Don't forget Bud from the original Dawn of the Dead.

Coarse Limely

Coarse Limely

Infected

• Members
  • 65 posts
As long as their salivary glands are missing along with their lower jaws and cheeks, I'd think even if they managed to get their teeth into someone, the bite would be as harmless as a normal cut.

As for why they don't try, I'd say zombies can be trained like any wild beast. Still dangerous, but under control for the most part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!