Photo

The Walking Dead Season Finale - EP 13 Beside The Dying Fire

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate, Review and Critique (331 member(s) have cast votes)

What's Your Opinion Of The Show?

1. Excellent - What A Way To Go! (226 votes [68.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.28%

2. Good - Some Critiques (95 votes [28.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.70%

3. Fair - Not What I Thought (9 votes [2.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.72%

4. Poor (1 votes [0.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.30%

Will You Be Back For Season 3?

1. Oh Hell Yes! - October Can't Get Here Fast Enough! (312 votes [94.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.26%

2. Maybe - I Like The Show (16 votes [4.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.83%

3. Maybe Not - To Many Problems This Season (3 votes [0.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.91%

4. No - I'm no a fan of The Walking Dead anymore (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

WalkerBaitress

WalkerBaitress

Roamer

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationTampa-area, FL

n00b here--i'm at work so I could only read 1/2 the threads but will add my $0.02.

...snip...

I am a bit confused why Rick held in the secret for so long though--even if he *did* want "confirmation" that what Jenner was saying was the truth about them all having the virus. Why would he be so adamant that Lori keep the baby when aborting it might of been the most compassionate thing? (NOTE: i am NOT trying to get into a debate about abortion and shit, so no accusations about political baiting PLEASE. This is JUST in the context of the show!!!) After seeing what children zombies look like (Sophia, that girl with the teddy bear), why would he want to curse that on his own child? Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe it's a man ego thing--maybe it's because he wasn't sure. But who in their right mind would want to bring more zombies-to-be into the world? :-/

Hey, Rigo. :) I am a newbie, too, so it's good to know that it's not just old-timers in here LOL. ;)

IMO, re: the insistence that he and Lori go ahead and have the baby in a post-ZA world, even with the knowledge of all of them having the virus, maybe what Rick was holding onto was the optimistic hope of, and for, humanity and the perpetuation of it. In addition to Maggie and Glen, Rick strikes me as one of the show's glass-half-full types, and mostly tries to see the upside in whatever circumstances their new life throws at them, no matter how horrible. He's the one that, along with Daryl, holds out hope that Sophia's alive and that the group can find her, even when his best friend tries convincing him to give it up. WRT the baby, maybe he feels that a cure will be found in Carl's and the child's lifetime, and/or it is possible that some people are immune to the virus.

Even if neither of those two possibilities were the case, perhaps Rick feels that life must go on, and that human beings still need to build communities, love one another, and perpetuate the species. The horrible effects of the disease manifest upon a human's natural death, after all. As Rick even told Carl in the father/son "barn chat," their biggest goal in the new world would be to stay alive--and keep one another alive--as long as possible. I remember one of the Walking Dead Podcasts' hosts mentioned that that Jenner's information really didn't change things for living human beings much--maybe burial rituals had to be changed (the dead would either need to be decapitated or cremated completely, for example). Just another way for human beings to adapt from an evolutionary (or devolutionary lol) standpoint.

Just a thought. YMMV. :) (*gives fellow newbie fistbump*)
"Stick them with the pointy end." Arya Stark, Game of Thrones

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,277 posts
  • LocationThe Island of Misfit Toys

I thought that was bizarre, too. Someone mentioned on a Podcast that T-Dog might have been with a bunch of shady characters (maybe even Randall's group) who were at the coast, but I don't buy that. I remember Glen Mazzara mentioned in an interview that the mountains--not the flatlands (where coastal lands tend to be, esp. in the U.S. Southeast)--would be safest from zombies because 1) zombies can't climb too well, and 2) the climate tends to be cooler in higher elevations, and esp. in the wintertime, zombies would move more slowly and even freeze, so people living in the mountains would be relatively safer. They'd of course have to forego freshly-grown produce, but if they had decent hunting skills for elk and moose etc., warm clothes, and access to a place with wood-burning heat, they'd be able to live reasonably comfortably without the threat of walkers surrounding them.

Wonder if either the show or GNs will touch upon that at all? If my memory serves,

Spoiler

Not nit picking you're post Baitress but you don't need much skill to bag a moose or elk in the Southeastern U.S. Just head to the local zoo, that's the only place you'll find any.

I too found the "head to the coast" lines bizarre. At the time I wondered if the writer's forgot to write Singleton any dialog. Maybe they told him, "Just make something up as we film. You know, just ramble on. Nobody will notice."

Like you I'm not buying the "Secret Spy" theory either.

We may have to add it to the ever growing What The He## file.Posted Image

The writins' on the wall, there's a bruise on his face. Daddys come and go, mammas on a date.
He's just cold an hungry, playin ain't no fun. And if he ever grows up, he'll get him a gun.

MandyB

MandyB

Infected

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Lori secretly wanted Shane to walk out of those woods instead of Rick. That's the vibe she gave off when Rick told her about it.

I agree. Based on all the backstory from before the ZA, it seemed like Lori and Rick's marriage was on the rocks because he wasn't more like Shane. Shane was exactly the type of man Lori wanted. I really think she was in love with him (and maybe not so much in love with Rick anymore), but felt an obligation to be with Rick because of Carl and the fact that they are married.

Trillian

Trillian

Biter

• Members
  • 1,634 posts

I agree. Based on all the backstory from before the ZA, it seemed like Lori and Rick's marriage was on the rocks because he wasn't more like Shane. Shane was exactly the type of man Lori wanted. I really think she was in love with him (and maybe not so much in love with Rick anymore), but felt an obligation to be with Rick because of Carl and the fact that they are married.

There's also the "I left you for dead" guilt that would create a feeling of obligation.

Beware, I am emoticon-impaired.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!