- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

B-Killa

B-Killa

Infected

• Members
  • 7 posts
With Shane's death, I'm only assuming that Rick will finally become a healthy father figure that Shane previously was filling. How come the crew at The Walking Dead made Rick and his son have minimal interaction? I don't think Rick has told him he's loved him on screen yet? It seems he only cares if his son is in serious trouble. Other than that, he passes the buck to Shane. He doesn't even seem to have any love interest in his wife. Rick is a great character, but if his Father and Husband roles can be elaborated on, I think his character could greatly increase interest.

Thoughts?

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,626 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I've never thought Rick was anything less than a loving father...

zombiebanner-1.jpg

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationLocation Location!

1332102337[/url]' post='48646']
I've never thought Rick was anything less than a loving father...

Agreed. Plus, a lot of it can be presumed to be done off screen. It's not like viewers want to watch father/son love all episode long...

B-Killa

B-Killa

Infected

• Members
  • 7 posts

Agreed. Plus, a lot of it can be presumed to be done off screen. It's not like viewers want to watch father/son love all episode long...

But why have Shane step up and be a father figure, other than the Protaganist, and the actual father?

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,626 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers

But why have Shane step up and be a father figure, other than the Protaganist, and the actual father?

Shane was more like an uncle or a friend. They showed this close relationship between Shane and Carl, so we can fully understand the impact that his death will have on Carl - especially, since he shot zed Shane, himself.

zombiebanner-1.jpg

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members
  • 325 posts
Shane was a close family friend, and an important role model to Carl. I think it would have been FAR more petty of him to try to force Carl to choose sides, and limit his time with his "Uncle". Carl idolized Shane, and as long as Rick help hope they could be allies, he was going to let him play a role in his son's life.

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationLocation Location!
Well Rick told Carl he loved him and he's still alive and Shane isn't.

Gues that settles that... :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!