- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

RicksHand

RicksHand

Infected

• Members
  • 5 posts
Just thought I'd share this with all y'all....

The Walking Dead's Best Zombie Kills: An Animated List of the Top Ten

http://charactergrad...t-zombie-kills/

What do you think? Any favorite kill moments not make the list?

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Just thought I'd share this with all y'all....

The Walking Dead's Best Zombie Kills: An Animated List of the Top Ten

http://charactergrad...t-zombie-kills/

What do you think? Any favorite kill moments not make the list?

Definitely agree with #1 of Daryl's beheading like a boss... however when you think about it. Dale beheaded a Z but it was still alive... so not exactly Zombie Kill of the Week... still cool none-the less.
Shane slicing off the top of the head of the Z that got gang-beaten out in the fields was particularly gory and awesome.
Glenn's Drug-store zombie kill was damned good as well.

There's just too many of them and with this coming Sunday's episode... we're going to see some really good stuff hopefully.

Damn, we're all sick aren't we?... Happy to be a part of it! :P
69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.

Wayne Dunlap

Wayne Dunlap

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIn your closet
There has been a lot of great walker killing going on. A few that comes to mind and shoul be on a top 10 list in my book is, in no particular order:

A: Darryl taking out a walker with a knife from behind to save wounded T-Dog on the interstate back in 2.1.
B: Leon Bessi gets a bullet from Ricks Python through the fence back in the pilot.
C: Darryl removes arrow from his side and shoots walker in face back in 2.5
D: Sophia

All of these where cooler than wellwalker according to me.

Edited by Wayne Dunlap, 16 March 2012 - 05:32 PM.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Viggo's one and only girl

• Moderators
  • 7,078 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida
I whip my hair back and forth :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • LocationNorth of the Wall. Seriously. I am 200 yards from it.

Definitely agree with #1 of Daryl's beheading like a boss... however when you think about it. Dale beheaded a Z but it was still alive... so not exactly Zombie Kill of the Week... still cool none-the less.
Shane slicing off the top of the head of the Z that got gang-beaten out in the fields was particularly gory and awesome.

There's just too many of them and with this coming Sunday's episode... we're going to see some really good stuff hopefully.

My favourite has to be the pig-pile. Just for pure comedic effect...

Don't Dead Open Inside...

Maka523

Maka523

Lurker

• Members
  • 338 posts

I personally liked Andrea's scythekill a lot.

God help the walkers if she gets her hands on a combine harvester...

afc

afc

Infected

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA
I really liked the pig pile, but Daryl's kill was boss-tastic!

RicksHand

RicksHand

Infected

• Members
  • 5 posts

Wow, I completely forgot about Glenn's drug store zombie kill. But looking now I can't seem to find a .gif of it.

I eliminated a whole bunch of other amazing shots because they didn't count exactly as kills. One of which being Herschel's Wife getting her jaw blown off during the barn stampede (which is a subtle but amazing CGI effect) and the other two happening during the attack on the camp in Season One. During that scene, Shane shotgun blasts a zombie's arm completely off, and Rick sends this other dude flying backwards through the air like 10 feet, which is kind of cartoonish but still amazing.

But I don't know I'd say a zombie head without a body is more or less harmless and therefore killed. I'm sure The Walking Dead could prove me wrong though...

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,395 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I think Andrea's pitchfork kill was my fav from this season. I thought Rick's kill with the axe was better than the Daryl beheading 'kill', but that's just me. :P

Wayne Dunlap

Wayne Dunlap

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIn your closet

I think Andrea's pitchfork kill was my fav from this season. I thought Rick's kill with the axe was better than the Daryl beheading 'kill', but that's just me. :P

I think Andreas pitchfork kill is way to overrated. If we mention Andreas kills this season alone the killing of Anette during barnmaggedon is much more cool. She used a scythe, the weapon of choise of the grimreaper, much more cool than a random pitchfork.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,395 posts
I liked the pitchfork better than the scythe. :)

Wayne Dunlap

Wayne Dunlap

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIn your closet

I liked the pitchfork better than the scythe. :)

Yeah it was nice, but the scythe with its associates made my day. It also was a more "important" walker so to speak. But the pitchfork was nice...But a bit overrated on a top 10 list i think. There where a lot of nice walker killing in that opening scene of better angels. According to me, Shanes shovel killing was just as good as Andreas pitshfork kill.

Here we are, discussing the best way to dispose of a walker. Are we "crazy" or just fans :lol:

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,395 posts
:blink: No way!!! Shane's shovel kill was no where near as cool as the pitchfork!! You crazy!! :lol:

That whole scene was just so well done, imo. I cannot be talked out of the coolness of the pitchfork, Mr. Dunlap. :P

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
  • 8,152 posts
Shame Rick's kill with the rock in the episode "What Lies ahead" didn't make the list. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Wayne Dunlap

Wayne Dunlap

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIn your closet
LOL. There has been so much nice walker killing going on that we will never agree on a top 10. The coming sunday we will probably have new favorites to discuss. :luvzombismile:

Edited by Wayne Dunlap, 17 March 2012 - 12:37 AM.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,395 posts

Shame Rick's kill with the rock in the episode "What Lies ahead" didn't make the list. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Really? I didn't think the walker head was gushy enough. :lol:

WinnebagoOne

WinnebagoOne

Infected

• Members
  • 12 posts
All great kills! I think my favorite was Daryl pulling the arrow out of himself to use on the zombie.

I also liked the pig pile. I think Rick shot the one zombie 3 times to get to the third zombies head! You could see the barrel of his gun showing through the first zombies head!

Babs Bladdyblah

Babs Bladdyblah

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,006 posts
Posted Image

Yeah, you're right, man. That is enough. - Shane Walsh

Not the most visually stunning kill, but he got the job done. And she also whipped her hair back and forth.
It's all daft. Daft like buggery, innit?

Gingerella

Gingerella

Infected

• Members
  • 57 posts
I must also cast my votes for Shane's "whip my hair" kill, because it was so symbolic, and Daryl's efficient T-Dog rescue kill. I would have them replace the blood spatter kill and Rick's ax kill, respectively.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationTennessee

LOL. There has been so much nice walker killing going on that we will never agree on a top 10. The coming sunday we will probably have new favorites to discuss. :luvzombismile:

Suggestion please... to maintain continuity among threads... when Sunday sports a whole batch of Zombie Kills of the Week lets post 'em here instead of a whole other thread. It'll save the mods/admins the work of having to merge threads because they're basically talking about the same thing... particularly kewl zombie kills.

hmm... should try to make an air conditioning unit falling on a zombie's head from a roof top gif... ;) :P
69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • LocationNorth of the Wall. Seriously. I am 200 yards from it.

Suggestion please... to maintain continuity among threads... when Sunday sports a whole batch of Zombie Kills of the Week lets post 'em here instead of a whole other thread. It'll save the mods/admins the work of having to merge threads because they're basically talking about the same thing... particularly kewl zombie kills.

hmm... should try to make an air conditioning unit falling on a zombie's head from a roof top gif... ;) :P

Ahuh yes! And we should maybe award a score as well! Posted Image

Points for:

• Skill
  • Artistic endeavour
  • Gore
  • Hair being flipped back
  • Innovation
Posted Image

Don't Dead Open Inside...

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationRick Grimes
Andrea is my bitch.

lastman2012

lastman2012

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Locationsouthwestern Ontario Canuckistan
Got to agree that Daryl pulling that crossbow bolt out of his side just in time to shoot that walker in the head is the best. He's just lucky that the first one started gnawing on his boot instead of his leg before that.

RicksHand

RicksHand

Infected

• Members
  • 5 posts

Good idea. Especially if there's anyone out there who's skilled at making a nice quick .gif I'm going to want to get my hands on tonight's (hopefully multiple amazing) kills ASAP.

RicksHand

RicksHand

Infected

• Members
  • 5 posts

:blink: No way!!! Shane's shovel kill was no where near as cool as the pitchfork!! You crazy!! :lol:

That whole scene was just so well done, imo. I cannot be talked out of the coolness of the pitchfork, Mr. Dunlap. :P

I really do dig Shane smashing the walker's brains with a shovel in that same scene as the pitchfork ... especially the walker's last dying gasp, we almost never see that. But as far as skull smashing goes, I have to take the SUV kill (#5 in the article) over Shane's shovel smash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!