* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Nom Nom Nombie

Nom Nom Nombie

Infected

• Members
  • 5 posts
How much time does it take to turn into a zombie after you die (without being bitten of course)?

We've seen how fast Shane and Randall became zombies. How come this didn't happen with the 2 men from Philly who got shot? Why didn't they turn? Why didn't Dale turn into a zombie after being shot? And another zombie nitpick. Why don't they MOAN?!?! It's bad enough that they have to be over-dubbed through post-production (as revealed in last nights Talking Dead) that voice-actors have to pretend to make zombie sounds. But do they all have to sound like they are beginning to PUKE??! That "rechhhheblabhahahhh weehhhhkkkkkuuuh" sounds like they are choking on some shit.

And why do they keep calling them "Walkers"? You seen how fast these zombies move? The ones from 18 miles out and Shane should be renamed "Speed Walkers" because they are not SLOW at all!

Buckeyegeek

Buckeyegeek

Roamer

• Members
  • 212 posts

How much time does it take to turn into a zombie after you die (without being bitten of course)?

We've seen how fast Shane and Randall became zombies. How come this didn't happen with the 2 men from Philly who got shot? Why didn't they turn? Why didn't Dale turn into a zombie after being shot? And another zombie nitpick. Why don't they MOAN?!?! It's bad enough that they have to be over-dubbed through post-production (as revealed in last nights Talking Dead) that voice-actors have to pretend to make zombie sounds. But do they all have to sound like they are beginning to PUKE??! That "rechhhheblabhahahhh weehhhhkkkkkuuuh" sounds like they are choking on some shit.

And why do they keep calling them "Walkers"? You seen how fast these zombies move? The ones from 18 miles out and Shane should be renamed "Speed Walkers" because they are not SLOW at all!

Are you trolling? The two guys didn't turn because they got shot in the head. Dale didn't turn because he was shot in the head. The story is set in a universe where the term zombie was never coined thats why everyone in the story doesnt use the word Zombie. They are "Walkers" with their own Walker characteristics. It's fiction they can moan, beat-box, make fart noises, sing "Howdy Doody" or whatever the writers want them to do.

BTW I don't know why I took the troll bait but I did.

???

???

Infected

• Banned
  • 31 posts
Again bad writing, these are the same writers that make deaf characters with no sense of surroundings. I mean how can Rick and Carl not hear tens of zombies moaning and groaning? STUPID STUPID STUPID!

Edited by ???, 12 March 2012 - 05:37 PM.

SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks

Lurker

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationPennslyvania

We've seen how fast Shane and Randall became zombies. How come this didn't happen with the 2 men from Philly who got shot? Why didn't they turn? Why didn't Dale turn into a zombie after being shot?

From what I can tell, being turned from a zombie bite might take a day or two depending...but being killed by anything else is almost immediate.

Why didn't Rick and Tony from the Nebraska episode turn quickly? That's a good one I'm wondering too..maybe they did and characters didn't stick around long enough to find out? They weren't head-shot...

Dale was shot in the head, his brains are gone so he couldn't turn.

Mr.Misery

Mr.Misery

Roamer

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationPalm Beach, FL
I thought those two were shot in the head, like Dale.

Buckeyegeek

Buckeyegeek

Roamer

• Members
  • 212 posts

From what I can tell, being turned from a zombie bite might take a day or two depending...but being killed by anything else is almost immediate.

Why didn't Rick and Tony from the Nebraska episode turn quickly? That's a good one I'm wondering too..maybe they did and characters didn't stick around long enough to find out? They weren't head-shot...

Dale was shot in the head, his brains are gone so he couldn't turn.

OMG doesn't anyone watch the show? They were headshot. The guy behind the bar shot in the head with first shot. The fat guy was shot twice then headshot at close range by Rick. In the next episode you can see the hole in the fatties head.

Jesus you guys are killing me. Shoot me in the head please.

iMuzzaa

iMuzzaa

Infected

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationScotland
The two guys in Nebraska were shot in the head, that's why they didn't turn.

Dale was shot in the head, that's why they didn't turn.

It takes any time between 3 minutes and 8 hours (according to Jenner at the CDC) for the person to turn, that explains why Shane turned quickly; I would say he turned in about 5 minutes.

Just clearing this up, for anyone else who doesn't know.

babyMOMMAdrama

babyMOMMAdrama

Roamer

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania

• Anywhere from a few minutes to many hours, its all different. But it will also be dictated by what the writers and the storyline need.
  • Dave and Tony were clearly shot in the head. I don't know how anyone missed that. Dave was nailed in the forehead and his brains splattered all over the mirror behind him and then Tony was shot twice in the chest/stomach and Rick very deliberately walked up to him to put one in his dome.
  • Dale was mercifully shot in the head by Daryl. I have no idea how this would be possible being a fan on the show, but if you didn't know this already, a head shot or anything that destroys the brain will stop the dead from reanimating.
  • This is Kirkman's Z universe. He had them making garbled sounds. It is what it is.
  • This world the characters are from didn't have a zombie genre before their own ZA. So they all have different terminology for the walkers...ex. Walkers, Geeks, Lamebrains, Roamers.
  • It doesn't have to do with their speed, it was coined because the dead are literally walking around trying to eat people.
Anymore questions?

Edited by babyMOMMAdrama, 12 March 2012 - 05:54 PM.

tumblr_m1rp5h24o21qkfmjl.gif

TheAnarchrist

TheAnarchrist

Lurker

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
Is it possible to give an entire thread a -1??? This one has earned it. And apparently so have I for taking time to time to rant about it... fml
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
- Sincerely, Walkers

SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks

Lurker

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationPennslyvania
Replay: from Nebraska

Guy behind the bar was shot in the head, his brains are on the mirror. Fat guy was too, he was shot in the shoulder and torso

attachment=200:capture_03122012_135216.jpg]

3rd shot was to the head so I'm wrong

Attached Files

Edited by SkunkWorks, 12 March 2012 - 06:01 PM.

zedhatch

zedhatch

Biter

• Members
  • 490 posts

The two guys in Nebraska were shot in the head, that's why they didn't turn.

Dale was shot in the head, that's why they didn't turn.

It takes any time between 3 minutes and 8 hours (according to Jenner at the CDC) for the person to turn, that explains why Shane turned quickly; I would say he turned in about 5 minutes.

Just clearing this up, for anyone else who doesn't know.

Exactly what I was going to say, except I was going to add this is all basic Ramero rules, which is where modern zombies all come from anyway.

Nom Nom Nombie

Nom Nom Nombie

Infected

• Members
  • 5 posts
Thanks to everyone who've had helpful replies and answers! Yeah maybe I'm too stuck in the past with the "Romero style Zombies". I just remember in the comic where Glenn hears the moans of the zombies in the "community" and says that he almost forgot that they moaned. In the prison they were constantly reminded of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!