• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,396 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers
We are creating this thread to discuss all unofficial rumors and spoilers for Ep. 12, Better Angels.

We have decided it would be better to keep this material separate from the sneak peeks and other material that has been officially released by AMC. We are hoping that this will make it easier for people to choose how much or how little that they want to be spoiled, and easily avoid any major rumors/spoilers, if they wish.

Please keep the discussion of these episode 11 rumors/spoilers within this thread, so as not to disrupt the flow of conversation in speculation and sneak peek threads. The more we contain these rumors, the less of a chance people will be accidentally spoiled who don't want to be. Thanks for your cooperation.

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
There are so many threads on this site its mad

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
  • 937 posts
If there were a separate sub-forum strictly for spoilers then this place would be much more organized. Not to mention it would keep the official sneak peaks separate from the "un-official" sneak peaks, pictures and spoilers indefinitely, people would be much more adverse to complain and significantly less justified to be offended at being spoiled. :lol:

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

DrHouse2

DrHouse2

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 113 posts
General question here, if this is essentially a spoiler thread, are spoiler tags necessary? I mean the thread title is pretty much just a big spoiler tag on the whole thread, you can't come into a thread with "spoilers" in the title and then complain about reading spoilers.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,396 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers

If there were a separate sub-forum strictly for spoilers then this place would be much more organized. Not to mention it would keep the official sneak peaks separate from the "un-official" sneak peaks, pictures and spoilers indefinitely, people would be much more adverse to complain and significantly less justified to be offended at being spoiled. :lol:

There has been talk about creating a separate spoiler subforum. If it happens, it may not be until before S3, though. What has transpired over the last few weeks has been unexpected, to say the least. For now, I'm hoping creating a separate thread will work. Feel free to make a thread about it in the suggestions forum, or add your thoughts to a current thread on the topic, if there is one.

General question here, if this is essentially a spoiler thread, are spoiler tags necessary? I mean the thread title is pretty much just a big spoiler tag on the whole thread, you can't come into a thread with "spoilers" in the title and then complain about reading spoilers.

I am fine with not tagging things in this thread. I can always go back and tag things, if the admins feel it is necessary.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
  • 937 posts
I think a general rule about spoiler tags is an option spoiler-tag for pictures and for video, so that people who might accidentally click this thread might not get an eye-full of spoiler, but I don't think it should be enforceable. I don't think there is a need for spoiler tags at all on text posts though, since, well anyone can stop reading at any time and it it's much easier to not see than a picture.

With that said here is a popular rumor about a MAJOR SPOILER going around.

Essentially Lori puts into his head that if Rick wasn't around they would still be together. This makes Shane change AGAIN, (he had finally made peace and Lori fucked him up again). Anyway he decides to kill Rick and lures him into the forest chasing after someone you will meet in "Triggerfinger". Of course Rick isn't stupid he realizes nothing is adding up and tries to give Shane a chance to abandon his plans. Believe it or not Rick loves Shane like a brother, anyway he finally calls Shane on it and Shane basically tells him how Carl and Lori will get over his death. Shane has a gun pointed at Ricks face and seconds away from shooting, when Rick starts to negotiate his way out of it, all along pulling a knife out. Long story short he lunges at Shane and buries the knife in his chest.

Even worse HERES A BIG SPOILER.

SHANE COME'S BACK TO LIFE AS A ZOMBIE! - Carl shoots him, the whole thing is pretty fucked up.

All this causes Rick to slowly change into a Shane if you will, believe me the show is going somewhere so crazy that Shane's death will not even be a burden, he served his purpose by helping Ricks character transform.

To add some spice to this theory there are two unconfirmed pictures regarding Shane.

Spoiler

Regarding Andrea and the farm:

Spoiler

Looks like there is a lamebrain on the farm and Andrea kills it with a pitch-fork. Could this just be one of many?

Also, is it okay to either remove irrelevant post from the Finale thread or remove it completely ?

sunonmars

sunonmars

Lurker

• Members
  • 243 posts
Spoiler

Burdicus

Burdicus

Infected

• Members
  • 3 posts
It is just me, or in those pictures (of zombie-shane) does he actually look a little sad? I think depending on how (if) zombie Shane is portrayed it could be incredibly powerful.

DrHouse2

DrHouse2

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 113 posts

It is just me, or in those pictures (of zombie-shane) does he actually look a little sad? I think depending on how (if) zombie Shane is portrayed it could be incredibly powerful.

I think they did very well with the Sophia scene by not making her seem like she remembered them or had any emotion towards them, it cheapens the entire Zombie aspect of the show. Then again in season 1, Morgan's zombified wife seems to have remembered where she lived and attempted to open the door to that house, that could be about instinct than memory. I really hope they don't make it as though Shane could have bitten/killed Carl as a zombie, but stopped in his tracks because somehow he remembered how much he cares for Carl. He should be as much a mindless killing machine as all the other walkers.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
  • 937 posts
He actually looks more confused than sad to me. Like "How did I end up like this, what led to how I am now" which is extremely sad in and of itself.

tewkewl

tewkewl

Infected

• Members
  • 209 posts

I think a general rule about spoiler tags is an option spoiler-tag for pictures and for video, so that people who might accidentally click this thread might not get an eye-full of spoiler, but I don't think it should be enforceable. I don't think there is a need for spoiler tags at all on text posts though, since, well anyone can stop reading at any time and it it's much easier to not see than a picture.

To add some spice to this theory there are two unconfirmed pictures regarding Shane.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Looks like there is a lamebrain on the farm and Andrea kills it with a pitch-fork. Could this just be one of many?

Also, is it okay to either remove irrelevant post from the Finale thread or remove it completely ?

The whole Shane Walker pic pisses me off. He just freakin died. he should look the same as he did when he was alive a few minutes before. the eyes shouldn't be cloudy, the face shouldn't be boney. this is a fail in my book. one of the reason fresh walkers would be so dangerous is because they look normal. only when you get close will you realize that they want to eat you.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
  • 8,161 posts

The whole Shane Walker pic pisses me off. He just freakin died. he should look the same as he did when he was alive a few minutes before. the eyes shouldn't be cloudy, the face shouldn't be boney. this is a fail in my book. one of the reason fresh walkers would be so dangerous is because they look normal. only when you get close will you realize that they want to eat you.

Indeed, I never got that either, especially with the teeth looking decayed full of plaque and stuff.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Could it be that after Rick stabs him, he doesn't know for sure that Shane is dead and he lives him in the woods to go get help because he's feeling sorry about what he's done? If that is the case, it can take anywhere from 2 minutes to 8 or 24 hours to turn into a zombie (per what Jenner said) and if Rick is gone Shane could easily stumble into some bushes or get himself dirty in some way and his eyes would definitely be glossy.

As for the teeth, he could have easily found a dead animal or maybe even a human and attacked and have eaten in the time Rick leaves and by the time Carl finds him.

Edited by TheLibrarian, 29 February 2012 - 07:57 PM.

DrHouse2

DrHouse2

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 113 posts

His face isn't bony and cloudy eyes are exactly what should happen when you're a zombie.

tewkewl

tewkewl

Infected

• Members
  • 209 posts

His face isn't bony and cloudy eyes are exactly what should happen when you're a zombie.

for a doctor, you're pretty off on basic bio/physiology...

When you die, your eyes don't become cloudy. your pupils stop dilating and/or contracting. but your eyes don't get cloudy. they will eventually change. when the cells break down, the eyes will get funky. but that will not happen in a few minutes, or even a few hours. it will take days.

AND YES his face IS Bonier than the regular shane. his eyes are deeper set. you know they did it on purpose to make him look "dead-er", but it's really a flaw.

sunonmars

sunonmars

Lurker

• Members
  • 243 posts
I always thought that when they initially came back, there could be a tiny bit of familiarity, like Amy she started stroking Andreas hair and then just grabbed it hard.

Maybe the longer they are zombies everything else drains away. Who knows, could be different for everyone, like different lengths of turning, maybe they do remember fragments and then that fades away with time.

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • LocationNorth of the Wall. Seriously. I am 200 yards from it.

When you die, your eyes don't become cloudy. your pupils stop dilating and/or contracting. but your eyes don't get cloudy. they will eventually change. when the cells break down, the eyes will get funky. but that will not happen in a few minutes, or even a few hours. it will take days.

AND YES his face IS Bonier than the regular shane. his eyes are deeper set. you know they did it on purpose to make him look "dead-er", but it's really a flaw.

In support of the good Doc, the wiki seems to suggest that the eyes become cloudy as a result of the change rather than any natural part of the normal process of decay.

Don't Dead Open Inside...

DrHouse2

DrHouse2

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 113 posts

I didn't take Zombie biology at med school, pardon me.

The entire premise of the show is about an imaginary medical condition, all these things can explained as "It's all part of being a walker" and you can't really argue because it doesn't really exist.

As far as his eyes are concerned, on picture is too small and the other too dark to really draw any conclusions. We can see they're cloudy, just like Amy's were when she reanimated. As far as being deeper set, we need better pictures.

Edited by DrHouse2, 29 February 2012 - 08:40 PM.

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
From the picture you can clearly see he looks different. Hes defiently bonier and his eyes are more "cloudy". I don't think people need to look into this so much. They just obviously wanted the actor and character to look differnent then him normal self. He would look pretty crap if his eyes just turned cloudy.

Zombie in the Field

Zombie in the Field

Infected

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNear Atlanta

I didn't take Zombie biology at med school, pardon me.

The entire premise of the show is about an imaginary medical condition, all these things can explained as "It's all part of being a walker" and you can't really argue because it doesn't really exist.

As far as his eyes are concerned, on picture is too small and the other too dark to really draw any conclusions. We can see they're cloudy, just like Amy's were when she reanimated. As far as being deeper set, we need better pictures.

I completely agree with the Good Doctor. I don't find that picture to be that offensive in the slightest. First of all, get in front of a mirror and open your mouth about an inch or so and look at what your cheeks do. Surprise! They look boney-er than before!

As for his demeanor:
Spoiler

Juxtaposing the actual death of a human being to a fictitious changing of a human to a zombie is beyond pointless. Aside from the fact that zombies do not exist so we have no real way to know how the transformation takes place, zombie movies tend to change their zombies into completely different types of creatures. And as the Doctor said, we are looking at a poorly contrasted picture and one that is the size of a stamp... not really a sample size worthy of complete analysis.
I heard the C.D.C. is working on a cure...

Babs Bladdyblah

Babs Bladdyblah

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,006 posts

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey, if we're lucky, that walker that Andrea is pitchforking in the face turns out to be Lori. :angry: Or even better, maybe it is one of the writers of the show (particularly the one who decided to kill off 2 fan faves so soon). "They are just so frustrating in their ignorance"... (I stole that last quote)

Sorry for the hate, but knowing all this is highly irritating. But whether I am irritated now or later, I guess it doesn't matter. For season 3, I will have just gone thru serious spoiler detox. I will be getting a sponsor and attending spoilers anonymous meetings regularly. I am gonna try to make season 3 seriously spoiler free. Until then, I guess I'll keep rubbernecking at all these trainwrecks. #NoSelfControl
It's all daft. Daft like buggery, innit?

DerpinaKitty

DerpinaKitty

Roamer

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Hey, if we're lucky, that walker that Andrea is pitchforking in the face turns out to be Lori. :angry: Or even better, maybe it is one of the writers of the show (particularly the one who decided to kill off 2 fan faves so soon). "They are just so frustrating in their ignorance"... (I stole that last quote)

Sorry for the hate, but knowing all this is highly irritating. But whether I am irritated now or later, I guess it doesn't matter. For season 3, I will have just gone thru serious spoiler detox. I will be getting a sponsor and attending spoilers anonymous meetings regularly. I am gonna try to make season 3 seriously spoiler free. Until then, I guess I'll keep rubbernecking at all these trainwrecks. #NoSelfControl

lol it's no joke. It's hard to be on here and not take a peek.
Shane - He was a loose cannon, but he was our loose cannon.

Babs Bladdyblah

Babs Bladdyblah

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,006 posts
Yesterday morning, I was reading the thread and someone mentioned 4Chan and I checked and I saw the picture. No one to blame but myself. I'll bet you have never seen a person cuss so much. Then my husband wanted to see, and now he's mad too. Mostly at me though... LMAO. Of course we're still watching but was definitely a shocker!!!
It's all daft. Daft like buggery, innit?

tewkewl

tewkewl

Infected

• Members
  • 209 posts

In support of the good Doc, the wiki seems to suggest that the eyes become cloudy as a result of the change rather than any natural part of the normal process of decay.

fair enough.... but i still dont buy it...

DerpinaKitty

DerpinaKitty

Roamer

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Yesterday morning, I was reading the thread and someone mentioned 4Chan and I checked and I saw the picture. No one to blame but myself. I'll bet you have never seen a person cuss so much. Then my husband wanted to see, and now he's mad too. Mostly at me though... LMAO. Of course we're still watching but was definitely a shocker!!!

No gonna lie, I became a wreck, laid in bed moaning and groaning and whining, and my bf tried to make me feel better by coming up with alternatives that could explain the picture. I cried a lil bit. I was like it's not fair! He's not a bad person!
Shane - He was a loose cannon, but he was our loose cannon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!