I have a suggestion for The Walking Dead tv-series forum layout.
Merge the seasons sub-forums. Only allow mods/admins to create new threads here. You then create a single thread, with a non-spoiling introduction to the episode. Only discussion of this particular episode is allowed in the thread.
This way, less topics with spoilers, theories and such will be created. You have one thread for this weeks episode, which is spoiler free, and one general thread that all spoilers should be in. When a episode is aired, you make it pinned instead of an announcement. The next weeks episode's thread is then created and made an announcement.
This way, it's very clear for members where to post and what's allowed. I'm myself the creater and admin for a forum with three times as many posts as this forum. When users don't know where to post, things get chaotic. My forum is for football with weekly games, so the same principle should be easy transferable to a tv-show.
This is my suggested forum layout:
The Walking Dead TV-series
---> Sub: Episode discussion
Illustration with posts:
The Walking Dead TV-series:
- The Rick Grimes thread
- The Shane Walsh thread
- other cast members pinned...
- I hate Andrea
- Robert Kirkman details why AMC choose David Morrissey as Season 3 Villain
- Several doubts
Subforum: Episodes discussion:
- The huge spoiler thread (Rumors, spoilers and theories only)
- Next episode: S02E11 - Judge, Jury, Executioner (Spoiler free discussion)
- Episode S02E10: 18 Miles Out (27/02/2012)
- Episode S01E01: Days Gone Bye ( 20/10/2010)
- Episode S01E02: Guts (08/11/2010)
- Episode S01E03: Tell It to the Frogs (15/11/2010)
- Episode S01E04: Vatos ( 22/11/2010)
- Episode S01E05: Wildfire (29/11/2010)
- Episode S01E06: Days Gone Bye (06/12/2010)
- Episode S02E01: What Lies Ahead (17/10/2011)
- Episode S02E02: Bloodletting (24/10/2011)
- Episode S02E03: Save the Last One (31/10/2011)
- Episode S02E04: Cherokee Rose (07/11/2011)
- Episode S02E05: Chupacabra (14/11/2011)
- Episode S02E06: Secrets (21/11/2011)
- Episode S02E07: Pretty Much Dead Already (28/11/2011)
- Episode S02E08: Nebraska (13/02/2012)
- Episode S02E09: Triggerfinger (20/02/2012)
Try to find good general topics when looking at posts. A good example is the everlasting discussion between Rick and Shane-fans at this forum. Create one ongoing thread for this particular topic and merge new threads to this. This way, you get continuity in the discussion, and members won't have to start the discussion from scratch each time.
If you can find and merge the general topics, you'll see small interesting new threads blooming with discussion. They won't die that easily if they're any good.
My two cents.
Edited by Survivor, 03 March 2012 - 03:26 PM.