• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Tspoon

Tspoon

Infected

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationStittsville, ON, Canada
In a Zombie Apocalypse, what kind of survivor would you be? Would you be the type to run rogue helping only yourself and thinking others are a danger to your safety? Would you take in all survivors you could find? Or somewhere in the middle? Looking forward to hear what you guys have to say! :)

A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason.

- J. P. Morgan

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...
I did the official AMC personality test, and it said I would be a Shane, which I find quite funny, considering I very rarely get angry :P

If it was me, I'd say more of a Daryl. Mainly because growing up in a town like mine has given me street smarts :)

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

A.W.D.N.

• Administrators
  • 1,891 posts
  • LocationColorado
I'm more of a sneak around, plot, plan, type. I'm not going to be firing guns into a large group of walkers/zombies thinking it's Left 4 Dead time or anything like that. But I won't avoid action when necessary even it is a necessary wiping out of another life.
Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

boutte

boutte

Infected

• Members
  • 92 posts
A short lived one probably. :(

I'd want to be part of a group. Hopefully one with good survival skills. I'm a little on the old and fat side to be playing Rambo but I can shoot well enough to pull my weight. Besides, I think brains more than brawn would be more important for long terms survival.

Survivor

Survivor

Infected

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway
I would describe myself as an a little bit over average trained guy. I can run for miles, but I'm only average strong. I care very much about the people I love, which has and will continue to get me into trouble. I can be be a little bit cynical at times, and I don't care much about socializing if it's not people I know.

I think I would be similar to Gleen. The only addition will be Rick's strong feelings about injustice. I just hate that shit. We are not completly alike, but I'm sure I see a lot of Gleen in me.

I resemble both Gleen and Rick really. I can't decide.

Edited by Survivor, 22 February 2012 - 11:04 PM.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,286 posts
  • LocationThe Island of Misfit Toys
It's hard for me to say. I have a rather checkered past. I've got a lot of training and experience that would be very valuable. Unfortunately, I'm also rather crippled from previous injuries. Big problem! Perhaps I could form a symbiotic relationship with a group. Would there be a place for a technical adviser in the zombie apocalypse. Posted Image

If done right a group survival effort always has a better chance for success. Done right means good leadership, organization, group effort, and so on. Leadership because humans are herd animals and most people are followers not leaders. Been there seen that. Organization means finding everyone's skills and utilizing them properly. One person's weakness can be compensated for by another's strength, and vice versa. Group effort means everyone contributes all they can. Everyone's contribution will not be equal. Different people will bring different skills to the group. It's the leader's job to best utilize varied skills found in his unit. Older people, children, and the injured are variables that have to be worked into the equation.

If done wrong a group effort turns into total chaos. Chaos leads to failure. Been there seen that to. In this scenario failure means death.

Going it alone is viable in a short term scenario, but your long term outlook is not good. Odds have a way of catching up with you. A sprained ankle, a bad fall, an illness, or an encounter with a group of the enemy to large for you to handle alone are just a few of the scenarios that can prove fatal. Then you wind up playing on the other team. You know, the hungry, slow moving, decaying team.

So, to answer your question, I'll try for a group. I also reserve the option to bug out if it turns out to be a total cluster f##k. Posted Image

2ly50ft.jpg

the Walkin Dude

the Walkin Dude

Roamer

• Members
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationSouthern Md. Chesapeake Bay
Personally, if i could not get up with my family, or lost them in the outbreak, i would start off strictly as a loner. Eyeball groups from a distance and evaluate them. Would not just walk into any old group and go oh survivors, can i join up with you all.
Roll outta my coffin Drink poison in my chalice Pride begins to fade And y'all feel my malice

Bro

Bro

Lurker

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
I'd probably be a T-Dog clone without the muscle. Stay in the back and let everybody forget you exist, maybe help out every now and then.
Posted Image

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • LocationNorth of the Wall. Seriously. I am 200 yards from it.
I'd be Dale 'cos I would love an RV.

Don't Dead Open Inside...

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
I would be the most uncivil type there could be but, you would not be able to tell before its to late.

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

I would be the most uncivil type there could be but, you would not be able to tell before its to late.

You'd be a chav?!

alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed

Infected

• Members
  • 46 posts
I'd be the stereotypical woman [seemingly] in distress, then BAM! Shoot you in cold blood and steal all your supplies. :lol:

No, really I'd be content to get the hell out of dodge with my immediate family/friends and maintain a small group of people I know in the least populated area I can find. If I lost everyone I knew, I'd set up camp as a loner and evaluate individuals/groups carefully as I came across them.
Girls can kill zombies too.

boutte

boutte

Infected

• Members
  • 92 posts

It's hard for me to say. I have a rather checkered past. I've got a lot of training and experience that would be very valuable. Unfortunately, I'm also rather crippled from previous injuries. Big problem! Perhaps I could form a symbiotic relationship with a group. Would there be a place for a technical adviser in the zombie apocalypse. Posted Image

If done right a group survival effort always has a better chance for success. Done right means good leadership, organization, group effort, and so on. Leadership because humans are herd animals and most people are followers not leaders. Been there seen that. Organization means finding everyone's skills and utilizing them properly. One person's weakness can be compensated for by another's strength, and vice versa. Group effort means everyone contributes all they can. Everyone's contribution will not be equal. Different people will bring different skills to the group. It's the leader's job to best utilize varied skills found in his unit. Older people, children, and the injured are variables that have to be worked into the equation.

If done wrong a group effort turns into total chaos. Chaos leads to failure. Been there seen that to. In this scenario failure means death.

Going it alone is viable in a short term scenario, but your long term outlook is not good. Odds have a way of catching up with you. A sprained ankle, a bad fall, an illness, or an encounter with a group of the enemy to large for you to handle alone are just a few of the scenarios that can prove fatal. Then you wind up playing on the other team. You know, the hungry, slow moving, decaying team.

So, to answer your question, I'll try for a group. I also reserve the option to bug out if it turns out to be a total cluster f##k. Posted Image

You would definitely be an asset to most normal groups if you have survival skills. Even without a zombie threat most people would have a hard time surviving in the wilds.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,286 posts

You would definitely be an asset to most normal groups if you have survival skills. Even without a zombie threat most people would have a hard time surviving in the wilds.

Also the first time we had to run for it the others could get away while the zombies stopped to eat my crippled, old a##. Dang, I really feel for Otis.Posted Image

2ly50ft.jpg

Scream

Scream

Infected

• Members
  • 20 posts
Dead. I have a 10 yr old girl that will. not. stop. talking.
Ever.

Jack Sylvane

Jack Sylvane

Infected

• Members
  • 1 posts
I would be a lone survivor Posted Image Scavenging for resources and cleasing the world of the Undead. I would trust nobody other than my own instict. I am capable of killed more than 2 undead with my bare hands Posted Image But I would mostly use a Hatchet and a .44 magnum Cold Anaconda. I am capable of taking care of undead in a really close range but myselfPosted Image

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
I have my firearms licence and am a reasonable shot. Although I am largely a peace-keeper I don't tend to trust people until I get to know them. I would try and find a small group of basically descent human beings and hunker down with them. As much as I enjoy my own company I would find it difficult to live completely on my own. Being cramped into an RV with a bunch of strangers would probably do my head in though!

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,286 posts

I have my firearms licence and am a reasonable shot. Although I am largely a peace-keeper I don't tend to trust people until I get to know them. I would try and find a small group of basically descent human beings and hunker down with them. As much as I enjoy my own company I would find it difficult to live completely on my own. Being cramped into an RV with a bunch of strangers would probably do my head in though!

I tip my hat to the marksperson from down under. You take care of business with your bad self.

2ly50ft.jpg

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,286 posts

I would be a lone survivor Posted Image Scavenging for resources and cleasing the world of the Undead. I would trust nobody other than my own instict. I am capable of killed more than 2 undead with my bare hands Posted Image But I would mostly use a Hatchet and a .44 magnum Cold Anaconda. I am capable of taking care of undead in a really close range but myselfPosted Image

I gotta tell you Jack, I'd feel a whole lot better about your chances if you hadn't told me you were gonna defend yourself with a dead snake from the Amazon. That's Colt not Cold.Posted Image

2ly50ft.jpg

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

I tip my hat to the marksperson from down under. You take care of business with your bad self.

Lol. Uh.. thanks. I really would prefer to be with others though if possible. A life of solitude would wear me down - and who the heck wants to keep watch all day AND all night?

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

Dead. I have a 10 yr old girl that will. not. stop. talking.
Ever.

Oh, I feel your pain. My (near) seven year old lad is much the same. Still, if he fails to tidy his bedroom this weekend, I'd happily offer him up as bait...

Did I say that aloud?!

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,286 posts

Oh, I feel your pain. My (near) seven year old lad is much the same. Still, if he fails to tidy his bedroom this weekend, I'd happily offer him up as bait...

Did I say that aloud?!

Not to worry these little confusions as to what or what not was said frequently arise. Just this evening my lovely wife was telling me about her day. I asked "Would you please hand me the sugar." Somehow she heard "Can you please shut your yapping mouth for just one minute." Of course I assured her my unending love would never allow me think such a thing much less say it aloud.

2ly50ft.jpg

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

Not to worry these little confusions as to what or what not was said frequently arise. Just this evening my lovely wife was telling me about her day. I asked "Would you please hand me the sugar." Somehow she heard "Can you please shut your yapping mouth for just one minute." Of course I assured her my unending love would never allow me think such a thing much less say it aloud.

Women, hey?! Can't live with 'em... [insert jocular yet slightly risqué comment here]

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
A survivor must know when to give and when to take. Went shopping with wife and bought her a 11piece comforter set. See there, I gave and she took. Have not mastered it yet, because when it is my turn I still will be giving it to her and she will be taking it.

Cherokee John

Cherokee John

Infected

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationThe Far East
I would help people as much as I could. I'm friendly but not a social person. I've lived alone for many years in a few foreign countries. Isolation is not a problem . I've been in some rough spots so I could handle a lot of different situations that I think most people couldn't . I've had combat training and martial arts training, first aid, wilderness and jungle survival, not a big gun lover but I've used them in combat. I can paddle a stand-up paddle board in a low current for 6 hours straight in open ocean and can walk sunset to sundown with a pack in bad terrain. Heck- sounds like a zombie survivor resume.

If I were in a survival group I'd be very useful but at the first sign of serious group conflict. I'd be gone before sun up and you'd never find me.

I'd evade and hide. Stalk and ambush. I would really go out of my way to avoid conflict. It's nice to think that you'd be a death machine or you could handle a group of people attacking you unless you've done something like this before. You would get hurt, you could get handicapped, PTSD etc. It'd be a hard way to live day to day. I sleep outside a lot (no not homeless) and paddle miles off shore by myself. I do it alone because no is crazy enough to come along. Your best bet would be to find a community of caring, useful people who have survival in mind and take care of them. Much like the how the show's group is portrayed.

Posted Image (That Shane fella would have to go no matter how cute the girls think he is)
"Swift,Silent,Deadly"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!