Photo

Daryl and Carol: The Evolution of Characters – An Analysis

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you agree that Daryl and Carol care for one another and have a mutual understanding? (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree that Daryl and Carol care for one another and have a mutual understanding?

1. Yes (35 votes [38.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.04%

2. No (1 votes [1.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.09%

3. Maybe (3 votes [3.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.26%

4. It's complicated (32 votes [34.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

5. Kind of (12 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

6. Not exactly (4 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

7. This can't be answered quite so easily, I'll explain my position by replying with a comment. (5 votes [5.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Maka523

Maka523

Lurker

• Members
  • 338 posts

Maybe Carol will go away, maybe not. From what I hear, Carol’s arc seems to be different so far from that of the comics, so there is no saying. I hope she survives because I like her and her relationship with Daryl, which IMO makes both more complex and interesting.

Rick and Andrea also started out pretty much completely dissimilar to their comics characters, and these past two seasons they've been converging to become much more like the originals. To me it actually seems like Carol is doing the same, becoming more and more reliant on tying herself to a big burly man for protection. I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to check out as well. She's certainly not getting any stronger.

DDixonGirl

DDixonGirl

Lurker

• Members
  • 229 posts

Rick and Andrea also started out pretty much completely dissimilar to their comics characters, and these past two seasons they've been converging to become much more like the originals. To me it actually seems like Carol is doing the same, becoming more and more reliant on tying herself to a big burly man for protection. I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to check out as well. She's certainly not getting any stronger.

ITA.... Carol will not rely on herself... she's using Daryl & the others for that...
She isn't strong at all and she is still unwilling to defend herself or the others...

Before the bashing starts let me explain... I know people keep bringing up the fact that she is an abused woman, grieving mother, etc, etc, etc....but Carol isn't the only one who has lost someone, something, everything...

Andrea had to shot her sister...she wanted to commit suicide....look at her now...At first, she got on my nerves with her attitude, but Andrea steps up...puts herself at risk for others....

No not everyone can be badass...nor should they be, but everyone should at least attempt to fight back... Carol doesn't..

Rick is losing his good guy self and becoming more hard... Maggie can fight back if needed... hell, even Lori took out 2 walkers in her own defense....Carl killed walker Shane...

All the characters are growing, changing, but not Carol....

Carol needs Daryl to save her life, but Carol will not save Daryl's life...she will get him & the others killed..

Patricia & Beth wanted to learn to shot... Carol didn't even participate...that is just plain weak & selfish...

It's selfish of Carol to not even attempt to defend herself & rely on the others to do that.....

I just think that Carol will not last that long....she isn't growing, evolving, she's still the same...

JMO

ElloraDixon

ElloraDixon

Infected

• Members
  • 98 posts
Fankids are so funny!

horsegirl8862

horsegirl8862

Infected

• Members
  • 4 posts

I agree about there being very insightful post here.... whether I agree with each post or not...

I do strongly disagree that Carol is strong.... I am one of those who see her as weak, pathetic, & useless.... It wasn't strenght that Carol showed when she took the verbal beatdown from Daryl... Daryl is my favorite, but that wasn't one of his finer moments... Although, I got what he was doing...

Carol taking it was weak...pathetic....something she did with Ed... took the beatings, verbal/physical, and it was okay....

I do believe Daryl cares for Carol, but he also cares for the entire group.. .They are both abused so that is something that connects them, but romance... God NO...

Dale's funeral..... If you listen to what Rick was saying when Daryl had that look on him.... "Dale could see who you really are" ... Dale & Carol have told Daryl that he's a good, decent man and he has trouble believing that...

I also don't think they bring out the best in each other... Carol is just boring, nagging, weak...

Yes, she has helped Daryl grow...but she hasn't grown...

My issues with Carol are she spent more time trying to fix Daryl then she ever did looking for her kid..... the final epi's showed her in a really bad light...JMO

Carol giving Daryl a look of disgust after he beat up Randall.... Carol not helping Andrea, Carol running off without fighting back... Carol badmouthing Rick, trying to cause a rift btw Rick/Daryl, saying Daryl was Rick's henchmen...demanding Rick do something..... The witch refused to do anything for herself...

I see mother/son, friendship sort of, but no romance...and I truly believe that there will be an even bigger rift to come...Daryl is taking a bigger role in the group, protecting them in a way that Carol will never accept or understand...

Too me, Carol is filler...and filler eventually goes away....but that's JMO

Great insightful post...even though I don't agree with most....LOL

Carol isn't weak, useless, or pathetic. She is very strong and she has grown stronger with the lost of Sophia. You can tell that Daryl care's for Carol, he will do anything to protect her. Carol care's for him the same. On episode 9 (Trigger Finger) when Daryl lashed out at Carol that proved how strong she is, you might not believe it but that proved it right there when she didn't cry, she didn't run away like others would of she took it, which I believe makes there bond even closer.

Dale's Funeral scene Daryl looked at Carol in a way that's hard to explain, the look meant something. I don't think him looking at her like that had anything to do with Rick's speech about "Dale knows who you really are." Daryl and Carol has an interesting connection way better than Rick/Lori and even Shane/Andrea. I love how Carol has changed Daryl and I hate the Sophia lost because that could of even brought Daryl and Carol closer if Daryl would of found Sophia and brought her back alive and unharmed.

I don't think Carol is " a filler" Where do you even get that at? Carol is someone that cooks, cleans for this group. Yeah, Carol doesn't shoot guns, goes hunting for the group but she can do stuff that Lori and Daryl can't do, just like Glenn M. said each character has a reason, they each can do something that another character can't do.

I don't mind what HATERS think, I go down with the Daryl/Carol ship because I think it's the most interesting pair out there in the TWD world.

Attached Files

Huge Daryl/Carol shipper!

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,278 posts
  • LocationThe Island of Misfit Toys
+1 horsegirl Posted Image

2ly50ft.jpg

DDixonGirl

DDixonGirl

Lurker

• Members
  • 229 posts
I have to admit....these discussions are fun.....it's crazy how some of us are so far apart on what we see.....but fun to discuss...especially, when I wholeheartedly disagree...;)

Carol isn't weak, useless, or pathetic. She is very strong and she has grown stronger with the lost of Sophia. You can tell that Daryl care's for Carol, he will do anything to protect her. Carol care's for him the same. On episode 9 (Trigger Finger) when Daryl lashed out at Carol that proved how strong she is, you might not believe it but that proved it right there when she didn't cry, she didn't run away like others would of she took it, which I believe makes there bond even closer.

How has Carol gotten stronger since Sophia came out of the barn??????

Has she picked up a gun....NO

Killed a walker....NO

Had an opinion that helped the group...NO

How is taking a verbal beatdown from Daryl showing her strength....too me, that just proved her weakness tenfold... She didn't cry...so what.... She just stood there and took it...

I love the character of Daryl and hate all the wasted scenes with Carol, because he's so much better than that, but Daryl verbally abused Carol that night and she took it...just like she took it from Ed...that too me isn't strenght, it's weakness.

Daryl cares for the entire group and that is what you can tell.... Is he closer to Carol... Yes, but that doesn't mean that she is the only one he's close to..... They have abuse in common....but she is weak, needs to be taken care of, and pathetic... he is not..

I love how Carol has changed Daryl

Carol doesn't get all the credit for Daryl changing.... Merle's leaving changed Daryl..... Yes, Carol has helped, but so did Dale, Andrea, Rick..... With Merle gone, Daryl is finding himself...with the help of others, but not just Carol... Yes, she mothers him...and I do mean mothers..... Carol chases after Daryl like he's her child....She should have chased after her kid....maybe, she would have found her....but she spent more time chasing after Daryl....She needs a protector, saviour, someone to take care of her, while she gives nothing back...that is crap and makes her a burden..

I don't mind what HATERS think, I go down with the Daryl/Carol ship because I think it's the most interesting pair out there in the TWD world.

Good for you.... I don't mind what the shippers think either, but I just don't see anything interesting in Daryl being wasted giving Carol screentime.... There is nothing interesting there....JMO.... Yes, she's helped him grow, but she hasn't grown....Andrea, Dale, Rick, & Glen have all had a hand in Daryl's growth.....

Too each his/her own....

I wish I could see a reason to like Carol, because I do like MM....but the fact is, she just sucks the life out of whatever airtime she's given......

The last 3 episodes cemented the fact that she is in fact a burden, by choice...

Dale called her out for refusing to make a choice about Randall...demanding Rick/Shane do that...

She ran like a coward after Andrea saved her...only to try to cause a rift btw Rick/Daryl...hoping Daryl would leave Rick behind.....

Carol is a waste to me...nothing will change that...Can't wait for her onscreen death......Maybe then, T-Dog will get some screentime & a s/l, because Carol's story has been told....She wants to be a burden and that will be the death of my fav character.....which will kill the show...JMO

I will go down with the "I Hate Carol & Wish her the same tragic ending she had in the comics...hopefully in S3 epi 1...." shippers...

BTW....Daryl & Carol are not a pair...... Friends, Yes, but one-sided...... Family...definitely...since Daryl sees them "ALL" as his family...he just hasn't voiced it yet..

Also, Daryl didn't look too happy with her nagging, whiny, BS in the finale.....Glad for that....

Carol's story is done... or at least, I hope it is... Ed is dead, Sophia is dead... Carol is dead inside...let her die her death on-screen and move on....

JMO)

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,278 posts
  • LocationThe Island of Misfit Toys
Variety, it's the spice of life.Posted Image

2ly50ft.jpg

RoxasTheNobody93

RoxasTheNobody93

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
He obviously does care about Carol as he was non-stop looking for Sophia when she was missing and also the way he grabs and holds Carol when Sophia emerges from the barn. Also have a close look at his facial expressions. I also like the theory in another thread that Daryl previously had a child, it would also explain a lot. Also it would be an interesting twist if Daryl turned out to be gay, which could also explain why he is hesitant when Carol tries to kiss him or show any sort of affection towards him. :P

DDixonGirl

DDixonGirl

Lurker

• Members
  • 229 posts

Variety, it's the spice of life.Posted Image

Exactly........perfectly said........:P

He obviously does care about Carol as he was non-stop looking for Sophia when she was missing and also the way he grabs and holds Carol when Sophia emerges from the barn. Also have a close look at his facial expressions. I also like the theory in another thread that Daryl previously had a child, it would also explain a lot. Also it would be an interesting twist if Daryl turned out to be gay, which could also explain why he is hesitant when Carol tries to kiss him or show any sort of affection towards him. :P

I agree that Daryl cares about Carol, but he also cares about everyone in the group...Not just her....

Yes, Daryl looked non-stop for Sophia, but I truly do not believe that it was all about Carol.... I think it was more about Daryl...and nothing to do with Carol....

Daryl needed to find that child..... He needed to prove to himself that he mattered... he could do this....He could be part of the group.....Daryl did it more for himself....mostly, for himself, but also for Carol & the group...

Daryl would have grabbed Lori and held her back if that was Carl coming out of the barn.....

I think it would be interesting if we found out that Daryl had a child, a daughter, but wasn't allowed in her life for whatever reason...

I doubt Daryl Dixion is gay, but too each his own..

Daryl has relationships with others in the group that are ignored and that is ashame...because some seem to focus on this Carol crap... No offense, but she isn't his only connection in the group... She is not the reason for everything he does....JMO

I think (again, JMO) Daryl's relationships with the others are like this....Although, he doesn't say it:

Daryl/Rick: Daryl likes Rick... He sees him as a good man, good father, Honorable... someone he respects....Daryl probably never had anyone he could respect and he sees a good man in Rick...He's like a father/big brother/friend figure to Daryl....

Daryl/Glen: Little brother is who I see this.... Daryl likes the chinamen... He teases him.... They trust each other.....Friend/little brother..

Daryl/Dale: Dale could get on his nerves, but I believe Daryl respected him... Dale also saw the good in Daryl and told him so......Maybe, Uncle or something...but Daryl did care for Dale..

Daryl/Andrea: Sister/friend....Sure, she shot him the stupid witch, but Daryl's very first interaction with the group... What I mean istThe first & only time he let a part of himself to be revealed was with Andrea... Something, he hasn't done with Carol....He revealed his childhood to her....and asked her if she wanted to live..... He likes her, cares for her, and sees her as family

Daryl cares about all of them... They are his family...Although, he wont say it with words, but with actions..

He cares for Carol... She treated him kindly.....She's tried to help him, but I also think she did that for herself more so than for Daryl...

I'm sure that Carol was gratful to Daryl for looking for Sophia, but Carol needs a protecter.... and Daryl is it...Rick has Lori/Carl to protect and will put them first...they do have the abuse as something in common, but that's it...

Like I said, we all see things differently, but to give Carol all the credit for Daryl's growth is bull.....

Daryl has grown because Merle is gone... because of Rick, Glen, Andrea, Carol, T-Dog, Dale...even Shane....but mostly, because he is free to grow

Everything that Daryl has done to help Carol, he would have done for the others...and has...

Daryl went back for the idiot at the farm.....just like he wanted to go back for Andrea...and would have if Rick hadn't stopped him..

He would have searched for Carl if Carl had ran off instead of Sophia and done it with the same intensity...

He has Rick, Glen, T-Dog, Hershel, etc back... Not just Carol...

I think that is what bugs me the most when people don't see that and try to make it all about the dim-wit (Carol)

I get some love Carol and want her to ruin Daryl by being paired with him.....that's okay, because we all have different opinions, but for me... Can't stand her... don't believe she deserves the credit she is getting, because it isn't all about her...it's about Daryl......and hate the idea of Daryl being paired with anyone actually....... Wouldn't mind it, as long as it's not with Carol, because she isn't his equal and she brings him down, but I like Daryl better off a loner....A protector, a survivor, but still a kick-ass loner...

If they do go that way with Daryl, let it be with someone who could have his back, protect him the way he protects them, not someone that makes him broing & unwatchable for me, at least...

Again, JMO

Jon W

Jon W

Lurker

• Members
  • 403 posts
DixonGirl, you just helped clarify something for me… All of the relationships that you put down were in terms of ‘family’ relationships.

Daryl is a southern redneck, which means he thinks very much in terms of “a clan” (not guys in a white sheet, but people that you are related to, either by blood or marriage).

And, <grin> since I happen to be Southron AND grew up country, I know how important “family” is. A frequent comment I heard was “My people are ….”.

He was sticking with Merle because that was the only person left from his clan. With Merle … going away, he’s pretty much adopted another clan.

And you are correct in looking at his relationships in terms of family.

*THAT* is why he was so vehement in the search for Sophia… she wasn’t his daughter, but she was ‘family’, and she was out there and all alone.

StrollingDead

StrollingDead

Lurker

• Members
  • 349 posts
Darryl- total speculation about his character, but what the heck.

I see him basically as a loner. After he was raised/dragged up by Merle, he still associates with him, but I see him rejecting what Merle is, without having any other standards to choose from- maybe he looks at Merle's life and sees his alcoholic father's. That's why he's such a good hunter/tracker- he spends a lot of time by himself in the woods.

Having a child? Possible, but, yeah, not one that was in his life. He's someone that's been alone most of the time- might have had a relationship that went bad, but that would just confirm his low opinion of other people.

As the Boss said,

'Born down in a dead man's town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up'

In the beginning, Darryl walks around with his teeth bared, ready to snap at anyone who gets too close.

For some sociopathic prisoners, one form of therapy is to give them something to look after- a pet, or even a plant. Having something dependent on them helps them to gain a sense of empathy, and this is what I think happens with Darryl.

Especially because it is his particular skill at tracking that makes him the central figure, and as such the one that Carol turns to- she depends on him to find Sophia, so naturally she is the one he forms the strongest bond with.

But, as DDgirl said, not the only one. Rick is the one who turns to him first, when they track and then gut the Walker way back in the opener of Season 2- then Rick appoints him head of the group returning to the RV.

So, probably for the first time in his life, Darryl is valued- he's someone people turn to, listen to, and respect for his skills- starting with Rick, which pays off in Episode 13, when he backs up Rick over Carol's complaints.

Their relationship at first is mutually dependent, then becomes more mother/son with Darryl gradually replacing Sophia as the object of Carol's concern; and only later developing in a romantic direction on Carol's part.

The other connection between them, and not the others, is social class.

Andrea is well-educated and well-paid (though I still don't buy her as a civil-rights lawyer) Dale middle-class and educated, though maybemostly self-educated; Shane, Rick, and Lori are solidly respectable- civil servants with nice houses cars and respected positions. Glenn's a bit of a slacker, but by his speech and attitude again middle-class.

Darryl and Carol? Trailer trash, they'd be viewed by the others- Darryl could have been Carol's brother who slipped over the line-it gives them a bond, to assuage their sense of inferiority. Carol's been publicly humiliated by her husband, and now is an older single woman- the least-valued by the others, plus she is a position of having to beg them to help her find Sophia- she's got nothing they need.

Darryl can still resent being taken for granted- the way he snaps back at times when asked to do something- but he's gradually becoming a member of the team.

He often shows antagonism to Shane- I bet he's been leaned on enough by mean cops to be able to enjoy knowing that they're on equal levels, and Shane would have to deal with him without protection of a badge- not that Shane would think he needs one.

My 2 cents

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Viggo's one and only girl

• Moderators
  • 7,764 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida
Strolling Dead, I think you made some very valid points. One thing that, I think, it boils down to with Daryl is respect. I think he respects Rick, that is why is he loyal to him. He did not respect Shane. I also believe that he sees that the group respects him for what he brings to the table.

Other than sharing his boyhood story with Andrea about being lost, the only one he has really been vulnerable with is Carol. Giving her that rose, was a big deal for him because vulnerability=emotions and we know how hard that is for him. The more I think about the funeral scene where he looks over at Carol, with such tenderness, the more I don't see it as a Mother-son thing. I also don't see Carol as "mothering" him but as someone who cares for someone and is just watching out for them. Just like we all do with our friends and family.

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationLocation Location!
Threads such as this, "The Walking Ingrates," "Did You Want Shane to Die," and "Does Anyone Like Lori/Carol?" are further bodies of evidence to me that we have a vast amount of people here who are novelists.

Kudos to all the 1,000+ word responses ;) I'd read 'em all if it weren't schooling and the way they've overlearned me...

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
  • 657 posts

I also believe that he sees that the group respects him for what he brings to the table.

I'm not so sure he believes this himself yet. It's definitely true, and Dale and Carol have told him this, but I don't think he "believes" it yet. Coming to realize that this is true is part of his character growth. I think with Merle coming back, we'll see a lot of self-doubt in him about what his worth really is (since Merle doesn't give "Darylena" enough respect). I think he'll grow to this realization eventually though.

DDixonGirl

DDixonGirl

Lurker

• Members
  • 229 posts

I'm not so sure he believes this himself yet. It's definitely true, and Dale and Carol have told him this, but I don't think he "believes" it yet. Coming to realize that this is true is part of his character growth. I think with Merle coming back, we'll see a lot of self-doubt in him about what his worth really is (since Merle doesn't give "Darylena" enough respect). I think he'll grow to this realization eventually though.

I agree...sort of...LOL

I don't believe that Daryl understands that the group also sees him as family & respects him, but he thinks they do...he just can't admit that to himself... Not yet anyway..

Daryl respects Rick, cares for the entire group, and they have become his family...more so than his bio-family ever was...

I think with Merle's return, Daryl is finally going to get a great s/l......

He will be going back & forth with himself, but in the end, I see Daryl as finally coming into his own..

Merle is his brother....Daryl loves & hates him.... he knows what Merle is, but he will want his brother to stay & also want him to go...If you know what I mean..

Merle abused Daryl....treated him like crap, left him behind..... I think Merle will be expected the Daryl of old.....the one he could control, but that isn't going to happen...

Daryl's internal struggles will be great too see....

In the end, Daryl will choose the group over Merle.....Maybe, even a fight to the death to protect the group from Merle, but that will be his defining moment......but that's JMO....

Daryl now has a family who loves & respects him...... He just needs to grow more so that he can believe & accept that ....with Merle's return that will happen...JMO

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Viggo's one and only girl

• Moderators
  • 7,764 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida

I agree...sort of...LOL

I don't believe that Daryl understands that the group also sees him as family & respects him, but he thinks they do...he just can't admit that to himself... Not yet anyway..

Daryl respects Rick, cares for the entire group, and they have become his family...more so than his bio-family ever was...

I think with Merle's return, Daryl is finally going to get a great s/l......

He will be going back & forth with himself, but in the end, I see Daryl as finally coming into his own..

Merle is his brother....Daryl loves & hates him.... he knows what Merle is, but he will want his brother to stay & also want him to go...If you know what I mean..

Merle abused Daryl....treated him like crap, left him behind..... I think Merle will be expected the Daryl of old.....the one he could control, but that isn't going to happen...

Daryl's internal struggles will be great too see....

In the end, Daryl will choose the group over Merle.....Maybe, even a fight to the death to protect the group from Merle, but that will be his defining moment......but that's JMO....

Daryl now has a family who loves & respects him...... He just needs to grow more so that he can believe & accept that ....with Merle's return that will happen...JMO

I agree with everything you said! Shocking!, right? :lol:

DDixonGirl

DDixonGirl

Lurker

• Members
  • 229 posts

I agree with everything you said! Shocking!, right? :lol:

Miracles happen everyday.....LOL ;)

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
  • 657 posts

Miracles happen everyday.....LOL ;)

Not shocking or a miracle... I agree too! :P

DDixonGirl

DDixonGirl

Lurker

• Members
  • 229 posts

Not shocking or a miracle... I agree too! :P

We are on a roll aren't we.......:lol: and that's a good thing....;)

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
  • 657 posts
Possibly jokingly or possibly spoilery, but in relation to Carol and Daryl's relationship, Norman Reedus said at Texas Frightmare today that...

Spoiler

I hope he said it jokingly. Even though she's not on the show yet, I ship Michonne and Daryl!

DDixonGirl

DDixonGirl

Lurker

• Members
  • 229 posts

Possibly jokingly or possibly spoilery, but in relation to Carol and Daryl's relationship, Norman Reedus said at Texas Frightmare today that...

Spoiler

I hope he said it jokingly. Even though she's not on the show yet, I ship Michonne and Daryl!

That makes two of us.....the thought makes me wanna hurl...that would ruin Daryl.....

I really wish they would leave daryl alone...Let him stay the way he is...he's perfect...and not strap him down with anyone...especially that thing....

Please, please, please let him be joking....Please...

WalkerBaitress

WalkerBaitress

Roamer

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationTampa-area, FL
Sounds like he is just joking LOL. :P

I am probably one of those in-between people who neither fully love Daryl and Carol's relationship--OR their characters, for that matter--nor fully detest them. That IMO is the beauty of TWD as a series and as a graphic novel--the characters in it feel like real human beings who are capable of endearing, impressing, annoying, and even infuriating us at times. They have their own strengths and weaknesses, and each character can behave very heroically and childishly, just like we all do in real life.

It's the people in TWD that make the series so interesting. The zeds IMO are a sideshow.
"Stick them with the pointy end." Arya Stark, Game of Thrones

Luv2readt.

Luv2readt.

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 155 posts
I actually really get the relationship between Carol and Daryl. They are have both been damaged by abusive men. Daryl by being in the same time zone as Merle and Carol from a marriage contract created in hell.

And I like Carol, and don't get all the negative comments from others. (Not trashing their opinions, just don't see the hate). She just hasn't gotten the memo yet, everything that was is no longer. She isn't a mother, a wife, or a happy homemaker. Next season will either do her in or give her some new skills.

I absolutely don't get a sister-brother, mother-son vibe at all. The volatile scene between Carol and Daryl at his campsite in which he vented his anger at her was not platonic to me. (maybe I am projecting) They have an "intimate" vibe, maybe because they express themselves with each other in ways they don't with the others. I think they went to different schools together.
Daryl is not being pursued by Carol. His eyes tell the story, his eyes met hers at the farmhouse after the big dustup at his campsite, he watched her at the funeral, he made eye contact with her during the Sophia search continually and Daryl doesn't do that all that often. He was angry with her at fireside, but he has been more angry with her than anyone else. He threw a fit in the barn when she wanted him to halt the search, then was mad because she wouldn't go to the grave service, then he became angry because she called him on retreating from the others, and was angry over the "honorable man" comment(I didn't get it either)
Carol isn't as good at being angry (she has suppressed it too long I think) as Daryl but she was upset when she saw his bloody hands after he tortured Randall. She is angry at Rick (unfairly) for using Daryl to do his dirty work.(putting Dale down).Maybe getting beaten yourself makes you more sympathetic to others.

I don't think we need moonlight and magnolias for this pairing but I would rather watch them interact than Rick/Shane or Rick/Lori. Or Maggie/Glenn(what a wuss), though I did enjoy Shane/Andrea. I also enjoy Rick/Andrea.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,626 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers
Love2readt. I was going to +1 your post, until you called Glenn a wuss. How dare you!! :blink:

Just kidding. ;) Nice thoughts, I agree with a large part of what you had to say (aside from the Glenn part, of course - teehee). Welcome to the forum. :)

zombiebanner-1.jpg

Luv2readt.

Luv2readt.

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 155 posts

Love2readt. I was going to +1 your post, until you called Glenn a wuss. How dare you!! :blink:

Just kidding. ;) Nice thoughts, I agree with a large part of what you had to say (aside from the Glenn part, of course - teehee). Welcome to the forum. :)

I love Glenn! Loved the part in which he drove the sports car back to the quarry and was having so much fun. He just has been a little wimpy about Maggie. Now that he has finally decided to love Maggie(like there is a whole lot of options for other girl friends) Glenn might be back to my favorite character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!