Photo

Who are your favorite characters and why?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

NervousCandy

NervousCandy

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 103 posts
Who is your favorite character or who are your favorite characters and why? Please no character bashing to others when describing your fav. Yes i'm pretty sure this has been done a million times before but I have not seen one recently and well...alot of character development has happened since then. Who are/is your fav/fav's?

Mine is Rick. I think he is such a hero in the show and the comic. I have never scene a character more compassionate and open-minded as him. He has such nobility and kindness which is pretty rare in the apocalypse. I think he has such a pure heart but can be the most brutal and powerful character on the show/comic if the situation calls for it. Like when he knocked Shane on his ass TS-19 or in the recent barn and bar shootouts.

The way he handled when Lori told him about her romp with Shane was amazing. The way he took it with such reason and forgiveness is amazing. And just a day later when Shane is in his face saying how flawed he is, he still shows compassion and calls him "brother" instead of screaming right at him with new rage he must undoubtly be surpressing for him after hearing the truth.

The way he talked down Jenner and Herschel with such reason and understanding likely saved lives. I don't see how his methods could be deemed "weak." How is it weak to be kind and understanding? Truely a honorable and amazing man and one of my favorite characters in any work fiction.

What's your's?

Weasel Slayer

Weasel Slayer

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 106 posts
After last night's episode, Rick is one of my favorites. That scene in the bar was so badass.

Then there's Daryl who is always a badass. One of my favorite lines from last night was when he said he was tired of looking for people. Haha. So am I, Daryl!

laura2

laura2

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 120 posts
Shane is my favorite, then comes Rick. I still say Shane is probably the most realistic of the group. He's had to make some tough decisions but there are reasons behind every decision he makes. I do not think he is *completely* bad and I feel like people jump to conclusions and only look at the outcome of what he does rather than the reasons behind it. The first half of season two would have been boring without Shane to me. He was the one who busted open the barn full of walkers, shocked us at the end of Save the Last One, and pretty much saved Carls life. I feel like he's the most interesting character, and that one guy you never know what is going to do next, or how he's going to react.

Rick is obviously a great leader for the group, but i feel like he needed Shane to point out that the world is different now and trying to toughen him up a little more, and i feel like it's worked.

NervousCandy

NervousCandy

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 103 posts
good points^

Also after Rick it is either Glenn, Shane (Or Tyreese, who needs to get his sexy ass on the show already.) I think Glenn is the ultimate sidekick and the shortround to Rick's indiana jones.

laura2

laura2

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 120 posts
^ Dale's expressions alone are enough to hold a conversation. LOL. I laughed so hard at him staring down Shane yesterday.

DerpinaKitty

DerpinaKitty

Roamer

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • LocationFlorida
I like Daryl. He is so different from his brother and I feel like he is starting to open up now. Merle is the kind of person that thinks, "People need to be my kind of people. If they're not, they're not necessary." He also treated Daryl like crap and made him think no one cared about him except Merle, which is clearly a load of crap. The only thing he was good for was to motivate him to climb up that cliff or whatever it was and save himself. I just like that he is a bad ass and can easily survive on his own, but is also a growing character that needs a hug. He could easily run off and survive on his own but he chooses to stay and help the group. That's a good quality.
Shane - He was a loose cannon, but he was our loose cannon.

NervousCandy

NervousCandy

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 103 posts

1329177353[/url]' post='32720']
Dale, because this:
Posted Image
And this:
Posted Image
And, best of all, this:
Posted Image

ha remember his face when Shane was threatening him in "secrets"?

Walker Texas Ranger

Walker Texas Ranger

Infected

• Members
  • 13 posts
Daryl, then Rick, then Glen and Carl.

i like Daryl b/c he not only realistic (like Shane) but he still has some compassion (like Rick), hes the best of both worlds imo. and hes so independent but still is a pivotal member of the group. when it comes to survival skills hes clearly the strongest, showed by his will power when he was hallucinating Merle. "yeah you better run!"

Rick is just a bamf. period. his only weakness is his dumbass wife.

Glen while naive has solid survival skills and seems to understand walkers better than anyone else. plus as a male in his lower 20's its easy for me to relate to him.

Carl is like a mini Rick. however i think that since hes growing up in the ZA he will eventually become the strongest person in the group. have all of Ricks strengths and none of his weaknesses. i wouldnt be surprised if Rick eventually died and the story then revolved around Carl. plus any child who can get shot and live to tell about it is pretty badass.

i do like Dales wisdom and insight, but i think he has alot of weaknesses
Death is only the beginning...

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationWoodbury Georgia
1. Shane
2. Merle
3. Dale
4. Daryl
5. Rick
6. Andrea
7. T-Dog
8. Maggie
9. Glenn
10. Herschel

i would explain why more but my computer messed up and didnt post my response before. so im too lazy to rewrite em.

Edited by Merle Dixon, 14 February 2012 - 02:53 AM.

Posted Image

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationLocation Location!
Toss up between Rick and Shane, but if I HAD to choose I'd say Rick - how his whole character comes together and presents itself from the get go with a mix of morals and badassery is just pure excellence; gotta give it up to Andrew Lincoln.Throw in how Rick is now evolving into a less psychotic Shane and you easily got the best character of the series.

Shane has made season 2 VERY intriguing though.

After Rick and Shane, I'd say Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carl, Dale, and yes, T-Dog.

- Daryl needs no explanation
- Glenn brings a lot of cleverness to the show and makes a great sidekick to Rick

- Maggie's ability to be so dominating and bitchy at times (swooping in on horseback to save the day, giving Glenn the cold shoulder several times), yet so weak and loveable (at least in my opinion) makes her easily the most likable female on the show.
- Carl - yes Carl - has a lot of untapped potential and I really like what the actor has been doing with the role
- Dale = father of moral authority and someone has to fill that void. Plus, his facial expressions are classic as evident from above pics

- And we can't forget about T-Dog! Ain't no zombies in his backyard with a curb stompper like that attached to his right leg.

Edited by Ciren, 14 February 2012 - 03:03 AM.

Lukey

Lukey

Lurker

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationCroatia
Glenn is my fav character for sure
I don't really know why, maybe cause he never fucks up, he saved Rick from the tank, he never argues or fights he's just doing what he's told to do... it's kinda bad they always use him as a bait, as maggie sad

RoxasTheNobody93

RoxasTheNobody93

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
My favourite characters would be Glenn as he is a young adult I can relate to and aside from him being a nerdy, scrawny type; he still manages to get more done than anyone else. Daryl is my favourite as I like his attitude and he does the most for the group and although he is quite an angry person, he isn't crazy unlike his brother or Shane.

Merle would be my favourite antagonist at the moment because he is quite a large man and I can see him making a return, causing a lot of damage. It'd be funny to see a man with one hand attempt to kill T-Dog and Rick wouldn't it? :P

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
Daryl is my favourite. He is an awesome hunter and seems to be good at assessing situations. I like that he is different to his brother, despite having lived in his shadow all of his life.

I also enjoy watching Shane. While I might not agree with everything he has done, I can see the logic in his thought process.

Babs Bladdyblah

Babs Bladdyblah

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,006 posts
What if you like them all, just for different reasons...

1. Shane - Has definitely brought the action this season. He's a time bomb and I can't wait to see what happens next with him. Especially between him and Dale, and then him and Rick/Lori.

2. Rick - All around good guy. He has it in him to be just as bada$$ as Shane, but he is still trying to hold on to his humanity. You can't blame a guy for that.

3. Daryl - Definitely the most worthy member of the group, and he doesn't even know how needed and necessary he is. In a real ZA, I'd want him on my side.

4. Dale - Yes, he's made a blunder or two, but ALWAYS with good intentions. Dale is the voice of reason and is very perceptive. If he says you need to keep your eye on someone, you better believe it!

5. Andrea - I admire Andrea, and what she's had to go thru. I also love the fact that she is determined to learn new things and be helpful in more ways that just the "girl stuff".

6. Glenn - I agree with whoever said that he is the perfect sidekick to Rick. Always there to help or lend a hand. I would never doubt Glenn's intentions.

7. Lori - Lori has tried to be a good wife and mother. Although she is surrounded in drama right now, I ultimately think she only has eyes for her husband.

As for everyone else, I like them too, but I'm getting tired of typing. They all have good qualities, and I can't wait for their characters to be more defined.

*I know it was only supposed to be one. But they all deserved a shout out. :P
It's all daft. Daft like buggery, innit?

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
  • 8,494 posts

Dale, because this:

Spoiler

Ah yes, the many faces of Dale. Never fails to produce such amusing expressions.
Posted Image

etphoto

etphoto

Lurker

• Members
  • 420 posts
I like Rick the best. He is obviously the hero of the group. Shane I dislike the most. In the last episode Andrea said it all, Shane is making the right decisions but going at it the wrong way. He is causing too much conflict in the group.

Operational Security

Operational Security

Roamer

• Members
  • 660 posts
Daryl, is my fav here are a few reasons why:

He got lost in woods for 9 days found his way back home and what did he do....he went straight into the kitchen and made himself a sandwich . He has a necklace of zombie ears, he eats raw squirrels, He rides a motorcycle, he gives out cherokee roses in beer bottles, he has a sexy southern accent and he has the best one liners I've ever heard.

ShaneWalsh

ShaneWalsh

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 115 posts
Obviously , I'm a Shane Fan . :P

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationWoodbury Georgia

Obviously , I'm a Shane Fan . :P

same here breh, and im a merle, daryl dan too
Posted Image

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...
Rick, Nervous Nelly, the Dixon brothers. New no-nonsense Hershel is growing on me too :)

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
  • 657 posts
Daryl: C'mon, Norman Reedus.
Glenn: Most reasonable and understandable character of them all.
Andrea: She's growing on me quite a bit; best female character so far.

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • LocationNorth of the Wall. Seriously. I am 200 yards from it.
I like Dale as he's fairly normal; Herschel as he's anything but; Rick is a fascinatingly complex sort. I like Shane for the acting, Bernthal has been smashing and Daryl as, in his own special way, makes me think of duelling banjos whenever he's on screen...

Don't Dead Open Inside...

babyMOMMAdrama

babyMOMMAdrama

Roamer

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania
1.) Rick.

2.) Shane

3.) Daryl

The 3 musketeers.

tumblr_m1rp5h24o21qkfmjl.gif

babyMOMMAdrama

babyMOMMAdrama

Roamer

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania
Oh and if last episode is any indication of how he is going to continue to develop then I have got to throw Hershel in the mix. He blew some dude away with a perfect shot from a distance, wanted to put down randall and roll out, then completely bitched Shane up. Watch out everyone!

Honorable mention to Carl too. It's pretty fascinating to watch a child go thru this world and see slowly how it changes him, how it slowly is chipping away at that innocence. Plus the actor has the talent to really take the character to the next level, which has me really excited for his future development.

tumblr_m1rp5h24o21qkfmjl.gif

Gaius

Gaius

Infected

• Members
  • 3 posts
Daryl is fast becoming my favorite character on this series. Of course all the characters are flawed as they should be. It makes for more interesting TV. But if I were in a real ZA Daryl is the first one I pick for my group. Not Shane. Not Rick. . Both of those guys make dumb decisions putting the group in jeopardy. Rick is too immersed in doing the "morally right" thing while Shane swings that pendulum too far in the other direction where everyone other than Lori and Carl are expendable. His motto is "survive at all costs even if it means a bullet to the back of the living". Daryl to me has the right balance. He's still human enough to care about members of the group like Rick but isn't a DA like Rick to the point of making "heart" decisions that needlessly endanger the group. He also isn't so callous like Shane to the point that everyone except himself, Lori and Carl are expendable.

So whatever AMC does I hope they don't kill this character off too soon if at all. Tons of fans love this scraggly looking redneck. From the majority of forums on this show I read he's usually most fans' favorite character or if not, at least in their top 3. He might not have the sex appeal of a Rick or Shane but he's one serious badass. He's a real survivor in my book.

The rest of these turds couldn't unscrew a light bulb and continuously make boneheaded moves.

Like wandering off alone too often without the necessary skills to take care of one's self and putting ones flesh right near a potential walker's mouth just because he's holding a shiny machete- Carl. (get backup or at least brain to make sure it's dead and then retrieve the goods!)

Like having sex in an unlocked vulnerable pharmacy with walkers around that could eat you at any moment - Maggie/Glenn(I seriously would have LOL'd if zombies came crashing in while they were naked, exposed, and weaponless in the open like that. that moment was sooo Friday the 13th).

Like deciding to just call it quits and off one's self - Andrea(the epitome of a quitter and loser, Walker bait). Or placing one's body at risk by holding a zombie too close which is about to reanimate that could EASILY bite you before you react fast enough.

Or killing innocent people that could prove an asset to your own survival later or help you in other ways - Shane.

Or running to help someone who just tried to kill you and wasting time plus endangering your friends with a zombie hoard bearing down on you - Rick.

Or thinking keeping ravenous cannibals in your barn right next to your family is a good thing - Hershel.

Or HELPING Hershel with the process and bringing MORE zombies and greater danger to said barn/group - Rick again.

Or thinking running forward unarmed into a zombie is a good thing just because it's your deceased loved one. - Carol(She'd never make it in this world without help).

Or being such a clutz that you almost kill yourself on a car door or drop valuable items down drains -Tdog(at least other than being a clutz I haven't seen him make extremely dumb decisions in relation to the walkers. this character really needs some fleshing out right now though. Fans refer to him as "token" for a reason. He's mainly background noise right now and needs some backstory and attention).

Or being so wise as to think it's a good thing to hide all the guns away from camp so that if zombies show up people can get some exercise running to grab those guns from the far reaches of the woods that could also be teaming with zombies at any moment - Dale.

Or wandering off into the woods to have sex with the threat of walkers that could be in the vicinity and stripping down. Out and away from the protection of the larger group -Shane/Lori.

Or thinking "Hey, this world is infested with zombies who want to eat me. Why don't I take a drive ALONE into town and read a damn road map while trying to drive to spruce things up a bit. I'm sure here in Georgia that nothing like a deer would ever run in front of me and cause me to wreck much less a zombie!" -Lori.

Or creating such a loud commotion as to alert nearby zombies of your presence on a country farm by firing loud guns off willy nilly when the problem could have been handled much more quietly -Shane.

Or constantly deciding to split up the group instead of relying on "strength in numbers" -Rick ALL the time.

Or conceding that it's a good idea to lower one's self down into a narrow confinement where it's you and a zombie face to face. - Glenn.(T-dog had the right idea.Kill it and be done with it)

Or trying to kill the only guy who has the power to release you out of a condemned room/building and raging about it when diplomacy is the better approach - Shane.

Honestly none of these people would survive an event like this but TV ratings require dumb characters and the story really wouldn't be all that engaging if they always did the smart thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!