• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

anfield20

anfield20

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Locationmerseyside united kingdom
somethink about zombie films going back to the george romero era the walking dead as followed this trend all male zombies wear suits hmmmmm sounds like they new there fate and dressed for the occasion can anyone explain why male zombies wear a suit lol

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • 2,754 posts
  • LocationTennessee
It's what the well dressed zombie is wearing these days. Geez don't you keep up with the latest trends?? :lol:

Thanks for pointing that out... gonna have to go back to my story and re-write all my male zombies wearing Armani's or Zimmerman suits... hee

Edited by DeadCave, 14 December 2011 - 02:05 AM.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

anfield20

anfield20

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 106 posts
well if i get bitten by a zombie i will deffo make sure i have my best suit on lol but it didmake me think as i watched dawn of the dead the other night and all zombies were very well dressed maybe the zombies attacked wall street or somethink lol

JohnnyRed

JohnnyRed

Infected

• Members
  • 50 posts
What are most people buried in? A suit. Death, burial (in a suit), reanimation... Viola zombie in a suit.

Or most zombies are lawyers and bankers.

You pick

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • 2,754 posts
  • LocationTennessee

What are most people buried in? A suit. Death, burial (in a suit), reanimation... Viola zombie in a suit.

You pick

According to Bob Hope... they're democrats

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationWoodbury Georgia
well the zombies in the cities wore suits because they probably were at their office job when they were zombified. while the walkers at the barn are wearing casual/farmer clothes
Posted Image

tewkewl

tewkewl

Infected

• Members
  • 209 posts

You pick

wrong buddy. zombies would reanimate more quickly than it would take for a family to bury someone.

VulpesInculta

VulpesInculta

Biter

• Banned
  • 1,181 posts

1323833451[/url]' post='24123']
wrong buddy. zombies would reanimate more quickly than it would take for a family to bury someone.

Depends on what movie you're watching, but this is mostly true.
My safety word is blueberry pancakes

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN

Depends on what movie you're watching, but this is mostly true.

Suits...well...

Posted Image
Thats orginal NoTLD there. Thou on topic I think it has mostly to do with the time Romero brought Zeds out. Most people wore more formal clothes. Suits & ties for the men & sunday dresses for the ladies. Well for the most part.

abshuman

abshuman

Infected

• Members
  • 7 posts
Maybe they follow Barney Stinson!

Suit Up! :P

Sebastian

Sebastian

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationRoaming the wider USA
I find the claim to be mostly, if not totally, inaccurate. As all male zombies do not wear suits...

but all answers for why a male zombie would be in a suit are spot on

Viva La Revolution!

sunonmars

sunonmars

Lurker

• Members
  • 243 posts
They should do something funny for the show, like a drag queen zombie or wrestler zombie. I'd laugh if i saw a walker turn up as Liza Minnelli or Cher.

anfield20

anfield20

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 106 posts
haha great replys guys lol

Mr.Misery

Mr.Misery

Roamer

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationPalm Beach, FL
In both Dawn of the Deads they add joke zombies.

Hare Krishna zombie was my fav.

I loved in the remake the scene where they shot the look a like zombies, Jay Leno and such .

Great point about people dressing better back in the day. I have read people would be dressed up just to go to the airport or movie theater.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN

Great point about people dressing better back in the day. I have read people would be dressed up just to go to the airport or movie theater.

I totally feel ya there. Also how people even spoke better back in the day. If uve ever read any of the letters from the civil war...both confeds & union. The use of words was awesome & that's from ur usual rank & file enlisted men. I have a bad habit as I'm speaking with someone to mentally sount the number of times I hear the words...like...you know...and ah. Its annoying.
I think in a lot of ways the goals of america have failed & were all just living in the dried out husk of a once great thing.

Jonathan

Jonathan

Lurker

• Members
  • 436 posts

I loved how dapper the guy who fumbled out of the bus was towards the beginning of S1. The Frank Sinatra of zombies.

I actually thought this guy was going to be a more prominent figure.
They kept showing him as if he was going to be important, but I don't recall anything ever coming of it.
He just walked around looked sinister.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Zombie Herder

• Members
  • 12,349 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
It's the latest Zombie Fashion.
Zombies are bringing sexy back.

Major Tom

Major Tom

Biter

• Members
  • 1,347 posts
  • LocationCommonwealth of Lower Alabama

somethink about zombie films going back to the george romero era the walking dead as followed this trend all male zombies wear suits hmmmmm sounds like they new there fate and dressed for the occasion can anyone explain why male zombies wear a suit lol

One of the really cool scenes in the original NOTLD was when they showed one of the male zombies dressed in one of those backless suits that they use for laying out the dead in coffins.

Romero's zombies consisted of the recently deceased and the bitten.

There were some in hospital gowns and other attire but you are essentially correct. In 1968 when you visualized a man, he was in suit. The same was true for women in dresses vs pants.
For a reasonable fee, I will quell minor outbreaks, enforce quarantines, and dispatch infected relatives.

anfield20

anfield20

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 106 posts
deffo agree that suit wearing zombie in days gone bye who stumbled out the bus did look like he was gonna do somethink important he was deffo scary looking am not sure what his occupation was b4 he became a walker lol but i would deffo not buy a used car or home insurance from the guy haha

Edited by anfield20, 15 December 2011 - 11:08 AM.

ArtfulDodger

ArtfulDodger

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom
I've got an idea that it's Romero's further visual commentary about capitalist and consumerist society in his ..."of the dead" films. With that in mind.... Meet Hare Krishna Zombie
Posted Image

'dodger...
"Smart motherf**kers sound like crazy motherf**kers to stupid motherf**kers"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!