- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ShaneO7

ShaneO7

Infected

• Members
  • 3 posts
Having only been a fan of The Walking Dead since it began on TV, I thought I would give the comics a chance since I have a lot of great things about them. Now I wouldn't normally be the type of person who would take the time to sit down and read a book/comic but TWD seems like it could have a good enough story to get me stuck into it.

I am also wondering would the Compendium be the best choice for me since I would prefer get as much of the story with as little purchases a possible. And I'll finish this off by asking does anyone know if there has been a release date announced for the Compendium Volume 2 because by the time I finish V1 would I be better off buying each comic individually or just wait it out.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

A.W.D.N.

• Administrators
  • 1,844 posts
  • LocationColorado
Yes. Compendium covers 1-48. Then you can look at individual books or volumes after that. Compendium 2 will be awhile if it's 49-96 because we're not to 96 yet. I'd guess Compendium won't be out until spring 2012 at earliest.
Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

Major Tom

Major Tom

Biter

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • LocationCommonwealth of Lower Alabama
I bought the compendium vol 1-8 for about $40 from Amazon, got free shipping with Amazon Prime. I bought the next 6 volumes also from Amazon for about $30. Not a huge difference in compendium price vs individual volumes.

It is light reading. I read all 14 volumes in about 3-4 hours of reading time. My wife, (who is an avid reader of crime and romantic novels), got hooked on it and read it in probably 4-6 hours total.

I definitely recommend it. I have pre-ordered vol 15 which is due out this month. I have a feeling that reading one volume is just going to leave me wanting more. So, I may wait on multiple volumes after 15.
For a reasonable fee, I will quell minor outbreaks, enforce quarantines, and dispatch infected relatives.

ShaneO7

ShaneO7

Infected

• Members
  • 3 posts
Thanks guys, I just bought the Compendium for $31.26 so hopefully I can get some time to read after work sometime during the week. I'm actually pretty excited for this.

ArtfulDodger

ArtfulDodger

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Thanks guys, I just bought the Compendium for $31.26 so hopefully I can get some time to read after work sometime during the week. I'm actually pretty excited for this.

If I were you I'd put the next one on order. You'll be counting the days after you plough through #1. Enjoy!

'dodger...
"Smart motherf**kers sound like crazy motherf**kers to stupid motherf**kers"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!