- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Ahrean

Ahrean

Roamer

• Members
  • 529 posts
I'm just sick of people spreading crud honestly....like that PM, anyone could take the dude's story, the one that spoiled Sophia, put it in a message or post...meaning where the guy works, etc., say they got it from him and that's how they know, but really, why would the Sophia guy want to reveal any info he's saving for later?

Cider Sky

Cider Sky

Infected

• Members
  • 19 posts
Yes, there was something similar passing through the AMC forums so I don't know how much we should trust spoilers posted like that.

And I find it hard to believe that Norman Reedus was the one unhappy with the show. If you have ever seen an interview or read an interview with him you'd know he really likes this job! He's always saying he hopes they keep him around forever and how great it is to be working with this cast, crew, etc,.

I mean, I could potentially see them killing Daryl off but not before Merle makes his come back. Killing Daryl in the S2 finale is a possibility but the hole spoiler seems odd.

It does contradict the original, more reliable spoilers. Why bother saying 'almost killed off' when he really does get killed off? I think the guy knows that people are huge Daryl fans and that the idea of his death would cause a lot of fan anxiety, so basically, the guy is probably just being a complete arse.

Also, the guy who posted those original spoilers said he wouldn't be releasing the rest of the spoilers until Feb. I think he so eloquently said he'd let us 'f**kers stew'. It would be strange to just pop over to IMDB and release spoilers to random users when he's been posting on particular forums. IMDB is a cesspool anyway.

Just my two cents.

Ahrean

Ahrean

Roamer

• Members
  • 529 posts

Yes, there was something similar passing through the AMC forums so I don't know how much we should trust spoilers posted like that.

And I find it hard to believe that Norman Reedus was the one unhappy with the show. If you have ever seen an interview or read an interview with him you'd know he really likes this job! He's always saying he hopes they keep him around forever and how great it is to be working with this cast, crew, etc,.

I mean, I could potentially see them killing Daryl off but not before Merle makes his come back. Killing Daryl in the S2 finale is a possibility but the hole spoiler seems odd.

It does contradict the original, more reliable spoilers. Why bother saying 'almost killed off' when he really does get killed off? I think the guy knows that people are huge Daryl fans and that the idea of his death would cause a lot of fan anxiety, so basically, the guy is probably just being a complete arse.

Also, the guy who posted those original spoilers said he wouldn't be releasing the rest of the spoilers until Feb. I think he so eloquently said he'd let us 'f**kers stew'. It would be strange to just pop over to IMDB and release spoilers to random users when he's been posting on particular forums. IMDB is a cesspool anyway.

Just my two cents.

Producers/Execs/Writers already know of the backlash they'll face if/when they off him but seriously, they deny us a real time Merle/Daryl reunion and it would be that much worse.

zedhatch

zedhatch

Biter

• Members
  • 490 posts

Yup, happens often.

Yep, in fact there is an interview with Norman (Daryl Dixon himself) where he said they didn't know about sophia until the day of shooting, so again with shooting for this second have just wrapping, how could this guy have the info.

Nocturne

Nocturne

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 162 posts
Well it has been known for 2 different outcomes to be shot and no one will know for a while which one will be used. Not sure about walking dead though. The end could still be given away in advance as someone managed to get a Sophia picture out there when she came out of the barn.

Ahrean

Ahrean

Roamer

• Members
  • 529 posts

Well it has been known for 2 different outcomes to be shot and no one will know for a while which one will be used. Not sure about walking dead though. The end could still be given away in advance as someone managed to get a Sophia picture out there when she came out of the barn.

I didn't know that, but it gives them choices too....saw your post earlier about the crossbow....they have many different types/versions for him to use in takes depending on the type of shot. As an example, for the really close up shots of him and the walkers, he's said they use one that's likened to a Nerf type crossbow.

EnigmaticAlly

EnigmaticAlly

Infected

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFloridaaaaa

100% agreed. I am begining to think we are in the middle of a publicity stunt. Spoil the last 2 eps, spread some false info to get people talking, boost ratings for the return in Feb.

1. Contradiction in "leaks" as with Daryl.

2. Origin of the leak-FX house in the UK, probably going to be laid off, wants to screw the company. Well with that I could probably do a google search and find his identity, what's slowing up everyone else. Even still, how would he know Norman was the disgruntled actor even IF he was killed off the show. You can suppose, but this was said with some definate conviction and that is info an FX house would never have access to. Also (in every DVD extra I have read) the FX guys only have knowledge of what they are working on directly, but if this guy is being laid off, that means he is bottom of the hierarchy most likely and thus wouldn't be working on key sequences, doesn't fit. Even still he shouldn't have access to entire scripts unless he was the boss of the place, that simply is not how these things work.

3. The entire lack of responce from AMC, They don't seem too surprized or conserned, useually when info leaks the studio comes out with a "tighening of security statement" from the company. Here nothing.

Just too much isn't adding up in all this.

Though the whole "publicity stunt" theory makes sense, I really don't think that's the case. I have no way of backing this up or proving otherwise, but I really don't think AMC would do this to their prized show.

As for it being Daryl that "almost dies/does die".. As I said before in this thread, I really do not believe he will die. Even if he was, in fact, just a "disgruntled" actor, I cannot see them killing him off for he is far and away a fan favorite. If Daryl were to die, too many people would be extremely upset. That is including major Hollywood critics and fans alike. Heck, out of everyone on this show, Norman Reedus is really the only getting major credit for his role. Some have even gone as far to say that he deserves Golden Globe and Emmy nominations for Best Supporting Actor.

TL;DR - Killing off Daryl would be a stupid move.

Since we are on the topic..

Spoiler

Major Tom

Major Tom

Biter

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationCommonwealth of Lower Alabama

Though the whole "publicity stunt" theory makes sense, I really don't think that's the case. I have no way of backing this up or proving otherwise, but I really don't think AMC would do this to their prized show.

As for it being Daryl that "almost dies/does die".. As I said before in this thread, I really do not believe he will die. Even if he was, in fact, just a "disgruntled" actor, I cannot see them killing him off for he is far and away a fan favorite. If Daryl were to die, too many people would be extremely upset. That is including major Hollywood critics and fans alike. Heck, out of everyone on this show, Norman Reedus is really the only getting major credit for his role. Some have even gone as far to say that he deserves Golden Globe and Emmy nominations for Best Supporting Actor.

TL;DR - Killing off Daryl would be a stupid move.

Since we are on the topic..

Spoiler

I agree with your spoiler and I also doubt they will kill off Daryl.

The only way I see that happening is if he has a get out clause in his contract and he has been offered a major role in a good movie. Readus is kind of an up an comer in Hollywood.
For a reasonable fee, I will quell minor outbreaks, enforce quarantines, and dispatch infected relatives.

EnigmaticAlly

EnigmaticAlly

Infected

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFloridaaaaa

I agree with your spoiler and I also doubt they will kill off Daryl.

The only way I see that happening is if he has a get out clause in his contract and he has been offered a major role in a good movie. Reedus is kind of an up an comer in Hollywood.

Precisely! So since the person leaving is doing so because of the Darabont departure, then I think it's safe to say Norman Reedus won't be going anywhere any time soon. :)

Ahrean

Ahrean

Roamer

• Members
  • 529 posts
Just an fyi, Reedus tweeted the following out tonight:

"@wwwbigbaldheadnorman reedusTo all the people asking me if I quit the walking dead. No way in hell! love the show love my cast mates love the crew!pic.twitter.com/ohvAJGCx"

Guess whoever the dork was that was saying he was the cast member that asked to leave is feeling stupid right now, eh?

Gingerella

Gingerella

Infected

• Members
  • 57 posts
Here's my theory on the Darabont loyalist who is leaving the show.
Spoiler

Cider Sky

Cider Sky

Infected

• Members
  • 19 posts
Good point, Gingerella! I haven't seen a single one with him ...

Spoiler

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • 2,765 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Spoiler

Well if that's true then...

Spoiler

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

rexmundi

rexmundi

Lurker

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Spoiler

Anost

Anost

Infected

• Members
  • 15 posts
In reference to Daryl potentially dying. It could happen and if Norman Reedus is unhappy it would make a lot of sense.

Troy Duffy, the guy who directed the original Boondock Saints is attempting to get it made into a TV Series and the following quote last summer seemed to shed some light on it:

"We’ve been approached to do a possible Boondock Saints TV series. So the fans may be getting a part 3 as a television show. We might be able to pull that off….I actually called both Sean and Norman and they both said “hell yeah, we’ll drop everything""

So that could be a potential reason for him wanting to leave. I do believe that they said the Boondock Saints TV series would be on AMC though so maybe AMC would force him out of Walking Dead and onto Boondock Saints?

Ahrean

Ahrean

Roamer

• Members
  • 529 posts

In reference to Daryl potentially dying. It could happen and if Norman Reedus is unhappy it would make a lot of sense.

Troy Duffy, the guy who directed the original Boondock Saints is attempting to get it made into a TV Series and the following quote last summer seemed to shed some light on it:

"We’ve been approached to do a possible Boondock Saints TV series. So the fans may be getting a part 3 as a television show. We might be able to pull that off….I actually called both Sean and Norman and they both said “hell yeah, we’ll drop everything""

So that could be a potential reason for him wanting to leave. I do believe that they said the Boondock Saints TV series would be on AMC though so maybe AMC would force him out of Walking Dead and onto Boondock Saints?

Reedus tweeted out two weeks ago or less that he did not quit the show......in fact the exact wording was this:

"wwwbigbaldhead norman reedus To all the people asking me if I quit the walking dead. No way in hell! love the show love my cast mates love the crew!"

So he didn't quit, and wasn't the one who asked to leave, obvi, that's the same thing.

Nocturne

Nocturne

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 162 posts
I don't want Dale to be written out either, such a crucial member of the cast. It wouldn't be the same without him and the RV.

Anost

Anost

Infected

• Members
  • 15 posts
They can write out Carol, Maggie, T-Dawg, Herschel + Family, Andrea and I probably wouldn't care.

They could write out Shane and so long as it's a decent way to go I wouldn't mind.

They can't write out Daryl, Glenn. (Although I wish Glenn would go back to how he was in the 1st season.)

LONGLIVESHANE

LONGLIVESHANE

Infected

• Members
  • 2 posts
Spoiler

My money's on Carol. Haven't seen her do an interview either. And if you've read the comics, well, ya know....

Edited by LONGLIVESHANE, 13 December 2011 - 01:49 AM.

Got bit. Fever hit. World gone to shit. Might as well quit. ~
Anonymous Zombie

Gingerella

Gingerella

Infected

• Members
  • 57 posts

Spoiler

My money's on Carol. Haven't seen her do an interview either. And if you've read the comics, well, ya know....

Good point! Considering her emotional storyline, it would have made sense for her to do the media rounds.

Gingerella

Gingerella

Infected

• Members
  • 57 posts
Michael Aussiello of TVLine has narrowed the field somewhat as of today (12/20). The emphasis in the spoiler below is mine, not Aussiello's.

Spoiler

Edited by Gingerella, 21 December 2011 - 06:25 AM.

Babs Bladdyblah

Babs Bladdyblah

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,006 posts

Michael Aussiello of TVLine has narrowed the field somewhat as of today (12/20). The emphasis in the spoiler below is mine, not Aussiello's.

Spoiler

Sometimes, "he" can be used for whomever. If u read the comics, there is NO WAY they would let Dale go. At least not this early. I understand that everyone is a goner at some point, but I will freak without Dale. Dale is a sane voice in a effed up world.
It's all daft. Daft like buggery, innit?

Gingerella

Gingerella

Infected

• Members
  • 57 posts

Sometimes, "he" can be used for whomever. If u read the comics, there is NO WAY they would let Dale go. At least not this early. I understand that everyone is a goner at some point, but I will freak without Dale. Dale is a sane voice in a effed up world.

Aussiello would say "this person" and "he/she" rather than use "he" to represent both genders. I regularly read his spoilers and he is always very careful about what he reveals and his language.

(Yes, I hereby admit that I am a habitual spoiler reader.)

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...

I'm guessing the shocker is Merle being re-introduced

I would LOVE this to happen, good ol' Merle Posted Image

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...
Personally, I think it'll be either Daryl, Dale, or Carol who gets cut off. I highly doubt it will be Daryl, after seeing the tweet about loving the show, people, etc. (seen here: https://twitter.com/#!/wwwbigbaldhead/status/143103940748263424/photo/1 ), as that kind of tweet doesn't sound like he's not enjoying the show (and guys, check out his Twitter wallpaper, it's a scene from TWD). The only way I see Daryl being "offed", is if this huge "shocker" at the end of season 2 is the return of Merle, who will kill Daryl (or something along those lines).

(Also, don't rule out a fight between Daryl and Shane leading to our beloved redneck's death, as the two have been growing tension recently).

It's no secret Jeff DeMunn is a close friend to Frank Darabont, meaning he looks very likely to be killed off (either by Shane, or as Z-chow), since he would be unhappy with F.D.'s departure.

That leaves us with Carol (Melissa McBride). She seems evens with DeMunn to be axed, as she too has worked with Darabont in the past. Her in-show story is as equally dangerous as Dale's (with the whole Shane thing), and it seems likely she'd let the Z's munch on her, seeing as the one thing she loved is now lying on the floor with a hole in its head. However, we may see a relationship of some sort develop between Carol and Daryl, especially as the two are very alike.

My money on the major character to be killed off, and it pains me to say this, because I am a huge admirer of their work, is: Dale/DeMunn. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!