• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationWoodbury Georgia
i didnt believe they would start coming together and starting a relationship. but after episode 7 i 100% believe they are going to start having a reltionship.

thoughts???
Posted Image

Diablofan

Diablofan

Infected

• Members
  • 80 posts

i didnt believe they would start coming together and starting a relationship. but after episode 7 i 100% believe they are going to start having a reltionship.

thoughts???

I think Daryl is gay.

On another note, I hope they won't abandon the Carol-storyline from the comic. It's likely though, seems like they are empowering the women. (and weakening the men for that matter)

unable2connect

unable2connect

Infected

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
I don't think it has to turn into a romantic relationship, they just seem to be forming a very close bond.

Although I wouldn't mind if it did go that way, I think some of the highlights of the last few episodes for me have been their scenes together, always really touching. It helps that both actors are fantastic.

sunonmars

sunonmars

Lurker

• Members
  • 243 posts

I think Daryl is gay.

On another note, I hope they won't abandon the Carol-storyline from the comic. It's likely though, seems like they are empowering the women. (and weakening the men for that matter)

Just what we need someone else for Shane to get his leg over. Would be cool though but i imagine turning Daryl gay may just kill the lady vote off in 1 foul swoop. Then again we did have that Merle hallucination comment "oh you like little girls now".

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 121 posts

thoughts???

Well, last night when Norman was on The Talking Dead he said that Daryl and Carol are attracted to each other because their both damaged people. But he didn't really go further. BUT Kirkman did an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, where he was asked flat out if they were gonna go there and this is what he said:

"THR: Daryl and Carol seem to have found one another. Will that friendship develop into something?
Kirkman:
There aren't a lot of people around. Eventually, everyone is going to pair up. I definitely do see a little bit of some kind of a relationship forming between them. Whether it's a very strong friendship or something romantic remains to be seen. There definitely is something going on there."

There ya go. Something's gonna happen, we just don't know what. They might become BFFs or boink buddies like everyone else. But something's brewing.

Zpoc

Zpoc

Infected

• Members
  • 88 posts
If these two pair up, I think it would be pretty steamy.

guardian zombie

guardian zombie

Infected

• Members
  • 30 posts
I prefer their relationship to develop into more of a sister-brother then a relationship involving romance. I mean if anything, when Merle comes back, Daryl will have to choose between the group or his own kin and I think Carol will be that anchor for Daryl to stay with the group, just my guess....
Aim for the ears.

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts

I think Daryl is gay.

you might be right. i saw him on the talking dead he was acting kind of weird
Posted Image

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 121 posts

you might be right. i saw him on the talking dead he was acting kind of weird

Say what? How does an actor's behavior on a talk show determine their CHARACTER'S sexuality? I thought he was being his usual funny and laidback self. He's not Daryl, he's Norman. You should really see his other work. He's done lots of films prior to TWD. He's a really versatile actor, whose had a cult following way before this show.

Diablofan

Diablofan

Infected

• Members
  • 80 posts
Maybe Daryl just like strap-ons....and maybe Carol is that kind of woman (would explain why Ed was angry all the time)

Most new tv-series feature a strap-on as well as a gay character. (Though yeah, this is AMC)

LookieDrew

LookieDrew

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 168 posts
I do not even.... Why.. . How are people calling Daryl gay when all we know about him is his brother? When did we see Merle hold Daryl for just a second too long?

Absolutely strange. ;)
I write something here and it shows up under everything I say? Sweet!

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts

Say what? How does an actor's behavior on a talk show determine their CHARACTER'S sexuality? I thought he was being his usual funny and laidback self. He's not Daryl, he's Norman. You should really see his other work. He's done lots of films prior to TWD. He's a really versatile actor, whose had a cult following way before this show.

true. my bad i wasnt thinking lol
Posted Image

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts

I do not even.... Why.. . How are people calling Daryl gay when all we know about him is his brother? When did we see Merle hold Daryl for just a second too long?

Absolutely strange. ;)

he doesnt seem to show any sign of affection to any females. but i dont think hes gay. he should be gettin with maggie come on that match is taylor made
Posted Image

auximenes

auximenes

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 188 posts

Most new tv-series feature a strap-on

Well, thanks for re-affirming why I don't watch many fictional TV shows. :blink:

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 121 posts

Absolutely strange. ;)

LOL, I know. When have we seen Daryl have a "moment" with anybody besides Carol. He's been given her the eye ever since she mashed Ed's face in.

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts

Well, thanks for re-affirming why I don't watch many fictional TV shows. :blink:

LOL :D
Posted Image

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,492 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers

I prefer their relationship to develop into more of a sister-brother then a relationship involving romance. I mean if anything, when Merle comes back, Daryl will have to choose between the group or his own kin and I think Carol will be that anchor for Daryl to stay with the group, just my guess....

Yeah, I really hope they form a really close, supportive, but non romantic relationship. I like Carol being a weak person and having someone to lean on, but I don't want her to become one of those women that feels she needs a man
Spoiler

Cammi

Cammi

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 152 posts
I saw a hint of something during their interaction on the last episode. I think that's why he went off. He was feeling something.

I don't think he's gay, either. He's just trying to be a tough guy.

Zoneseek

Zoneseek

Infected

• Members
  • 12 posts
Actually I think it is really strange to assume a character is gay due to the fact that he doesn't treat women the same way as Shane. I have been so impressed with Daryl over time. He had a HORRIBLE upbringing, and one of the worst brothers ever in the history of brothers. Yet he shows more and more compassion and character during a zombie apocalypse! I love that they made him up for the TV show. And well...those arm "guns" of his don't hurt either. He has the best arm muscles.

Nocturne

Nocturne

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 162 posts
I think Daryl's emotions are all over the place as no one has been kind to him before. I was surprised he was civilised enough to apologise to Carol for calling her a stupid bitch but then his sarcasm and put-downs (not to mention his zen and Tibet talk) indicate he is really intelligent despite being badly educated.

I'd love to see them get together but can't see it happening as Sophia's death will push Daryl over the edge. I wonder what the upcoming scene that shows Carol staring at the ear neclace involves.

mikemcdee

mikemcdee

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHastings, NE, USA

I think Daryl's emotions are all over the place as no one has been kind to him before. I was surprised he was civilised enough to apologise to Carol for calling her a stupid bitch but then his sarcasm and put-downs (not to mention his zen and Tibet talk) indicate he is really intelligent despite being badly educated.

I'd love to see them get together but can't see it happening as Sophia's death will push Daryl over the edge. I wonder what the upcoming scene that shows Carol staring at the ear neclace involves.

I'm wondering about what happened in filming a confrontation between Shane's character and Daryl's character to give Norman sore ribs. I'm thinking epic blow up by Shane leading to a fight between the two.

MrsMueller

MrsMueller

Infected

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGermany
I would find it to be rather awkward if it turned into a romantic relationship. I don’t want to see that. To me, what they have looks like a mother-son relationship, even though Carol may not be that much older than Daryl (as far as I know, their ages are still discussed here and no one really knows how old they are). I never ever thought about them having sex or anything before I read about it here in the forum.

WalkerTalker

WalkerTalker

Infected

• Members
  • 9 posts
I think Carol is the next major character to die off, now that she's lost her daughter.

Ahrean

Ahrean

Roamer

• Members
  • 529 posts

Even Reedus says it'd be more interesting if they don't go the romantic route. I never got the idea that if a man and woman had a close bond that it automatically had to turn to intimate physically.

zombieluver

zombieluver

Infected

• Members
  • 39 posts
I'd love for them to be together. I think it would be interesting to see another couple other than Rick/Lori, Shane/Lori, Glenn/Maggie, or Shane/Andrea.
:wub:
Daryl and Carol.
Awww.
Their names rhyme!
How sweet is that?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!