- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

B10.haz.RD

B10.haz.RD

Infected

• Members
  • 81 posts
So if you watched tonight's episode or went to AMCTV.com you'll see an eerily similar pic of the one the was floating around about a week ago of a supposed Sophia walker. Now that it's confirmed any theories as to how she got infected and made her way to the barn?

Did the woodchuck zombie take a bite from her?
Did the creek zombies that attacked Daryl catch up with her (that's where Daryl found her doll)?
Was she already infected?
Did she ever stay in the abandoned farmhouse?

I wonder if Hershel was the one who brought her to the barn or maybe someone else, like Jimmie? If you remember an earlier scene with Maggie and Hershel when they began the search, it was mentioned that if Sophia was found to be infected, that Carol would be told the truth about that circumstance, but Hershel made a silent "no" gesture to Maggie during that scene. So maybe Hershel knew all along? Shane sure thinks so in the ep8. preview.

Whatcha think?

Blazeffd

Blazeffd

Lurker

• Members
  • 254 posts
Liz: I think they mention the other abandoned farmhouse that Daryl Checked?

zedhatch

zedhatch

Biter

• Members
  • 490 posts
This is the problem I am having, the time frame from daryl's discoverys is not matching up to what we see at the end. I'm thinking there has to be more to it.

Edit: Well the preview of the next ep during hell on wheels said it was otis, but also I noticed Hershel kind of said "Before he was killed." and then said for shane to get off his land. I suppose it's one of those things that won't get answered.

Edited by zedhatch, 28 November 2011 - 03:49 AM.

B10.haz.RD

B10.haz.RD

Infected

• Members
  • 81 posts

I don't think she ever stayed in the farmhouse before turning because the people on the farm, considering their freakish respect for the undead...

I definitely agree that she had to have turned before being placed in the barn or else she would have become walker bait. When she staggers out, she has a fresh wound around her neck, just beneath her chin (you can see it where the blood has dried and spattered). I believe she was bitten. Sometime from being bit to being in the barn somebody from Hershel's crew found her and brought her in.

TheHarshTruth

TheHarshTruth

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTexas
Okay, the sneak peek during Hell on Wheels just showed Shane getting all up in Hershel's face about him knowing.

Hershel blames Otis, and says he must have put her in there. Shane isn't buying it.

But honestly, think someone would have noticed during chicken-feeding time?

I guess we'll find out for sure in February.

B10.haz.RD

B10.haz.RD

Infected

• Members
  • 81 posts

Okay, the sneak peek during Hell on Wheels just showed Shane getting all up in Hershel's face about him knowing.

Hershel blames Otis, and says he must have put her in there. Shane isn't buying it.

But honestly, think someone would have noticed during chicken-feeding time?

I guess we'll find out for sure in February.

That would explain why no one else in the farm would have known about Sophia. Now Otis's demise sounds like a catch-22, had Shane not killed Otis, we "may have" learned sooner about Sophia's whereabouts, but Carl never would have survived the surgery and vice versa Otis being dead, (if what Hershel says is true) also put a plug on the best lead the group needed in her search and would also have prevented Daryl's injury.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • 2,714 posts
  • LocationTennessee
Question is how did she become a walker? Bitten, perhaps, but it's been noted that the geeks will take a bite out of anything relatively fresh. So that bite could've been from a barn walker when she came in then it stopped, "oops my bad" and went on it's way.
Too bad they'll never know.
69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.

B10.haz.RD

B10.haz.RD

Infected

• Members
  • 81 posts

Question is how did she become a walker? Bitten, perhaps, but it's been noted that the geeks will take a bite out of anything relatively fresh. So that bite could've been from a barn walker when she came in then it stopped, "oops my bad" and went on it's way.
Too bad they'll never know.

This is the pic of her coming out, she defintely looks like she was bitten, but that's a good observation, it could have been by one of the barn walkers:

Posted Image

Blazeffd

Blazeffd

Lurker

• Members
  • 254 posts
Looks like she has been wearing sun glasses in the sun.

VulpesInculta

VulpesInculta

Biter

• Banned
  • 1,181 posts

1322454884[/url]' post='19754']
Looks like she has been wearing sun glasses in the sun.

Hahahahahaah thank you for that.
My safety word is blueberry pancakes

B10.haz.RD

B10.haz.RD

Infected

• Members
  • 81 posts
Just noticed this about the Otis theory:

Sophia vanishes in ep1
Carl is shot by Otis in ep 1
Ep 2 and 3 have Otis, Shane and Rick all trying to save Carl.
Otis dies in ep3.

If Otis found Sophia, he would have to have done it before going to the school with Shane. This leaves the tail end of ep 1 and beginning to middle of ep2. This still doesn't work because there was not enough off screen time for him to have found an infected Sophia to place in the barn.

Ep 1 Scenario:
There just isn't enough time for Otis to find Sophia, bring her to the barn and come back to shoot the deer/carl in the same forest that the search is being done.

Ep 2 Scenario:
Otis is racing to the farm with Rick and Shane, then he spends a majority of his time in the farmhouse eagerly awaiting Carl's recovery. The end of the episode has Shane and Otis making their way to the FEMA shelter and trapped in the school.

Ep 3 Scenario:
Shane gives Otis the boot, absolutely no way possible that Otis would have discovered Sophia unless he can be in two places at once or carries a sick time machine in his back pocket.

Otis theory makes sense, but when you put together a timeline (based on the ep) it seems rather fishy. I think Hershel's holding out. Posted Image

zedhatch

zedhatch

Biter

• Members
  • 490 posts
Add in that Daryl found signs that she hid in that one house overnight (presumably since she did sleep there apparently) and the timeline gets even tighter.

Also the sardeens he found there were fairly fresh I beleive he mentioned, I got the impression he had just missed her.

Edited by zedhatch, 28 November 2011 - 04:48 AM.

Mike010

Mike010

Infected

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationFrance
Unless Otis has an unknow twin brother, there is no way he was the one who put her in the barn (between the moment he shot Carl and went to FEMA).

I think she spend a night at the farm and eat the sardins. Then she left and was beaten near the place Daryl found her doll. In the area you had two Zeds ( The shoes fetish and the other one - both killed by Daryl). I presume then the Zed Sofia went near the farm and Hershel put her there.
There is no way, for Hershel and his family, nobody knew or notice a little girl in the barn.
Most probably Hershel kept his mouth shot in order to keep his freakin secret safe.
Le French Zombie

sunonmars

sunonmars

Lurker

• Members
  • 243 posts
Also begs the question, no way Otis could have put her in the barn on his own. Walkers are not known for being too complicit with "please do get inside the barn,please" without trying to rip your face off. Someone else had to have helped him. Herschel is lying.

zedhatch

zedhatch

Biter

• Members
  • 490 posts
Except Excutive Producer Robert Kirkman has said that is exactly what happened.

sunonmars

sunonmars

Lurker

• Members
  • 243 posts
I dont care what Kirkman said, its impossible to do it on his own.

zedhatch

zedhatch

Biter

• Members
  • 490 posts
OK if you say so, I tend to side with the guy who created the TWD universe myself, just me.

NarwhalZombie

NarwhalZombie

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 144 posts

I dont care what Kirkman said, its impossible to do it on his own.

Yea, thats a crappy cop out for sure.

RegushRacing

RegushRacing

Lurker

• Members
  • 227 posts
Ok in the episode we have hershal, rick and hershals boy wrangling the walkers. In the episode hershal says that otis was the one wrangling the walkers. So we have sophie run away about midday and rick chase after her leaving her in tree roots and rick leaves. this leaves a whole night for sophie to run off being chased(in the dark remember by a walker) likely she trips, gets bitten and found by otis in the morning before he goes hunting. Simple.

As to why they never mentioned it. Hard to know what a group is looking for when they never really tell them what their looking for no? I know hershal knew but what about the rest? Why when hershal wanted them gone so badly would he hold off on telling them she was in the barn and they could leave?

As for her not looking to bad, look at all the walkers in the barn, other then a bite and some decay they all look pretty complete to me unlike most zombies in the world who have been chewed on and eaten.

EeekZombie

EeekZombie

Infected

• Members
  • 14 posts
But Kirkman also said he doesn't keep up with the timeline. So lets say he said that just to save face. We know that in the ep. the teen boy who got Hershel said it's happened again. Then they explain that they have to do like Otis, or something along those lines. So let's assume that Otis was the one who started to capture the walkers using the pole, and he trained the others on her to do it. They do a daily patrol of that area, knowing that walkers get caught up in that spot in the creek.

So Sophia was at the farm house, Darryl just missed her by a few hours. She gets as far as where her doll was found. The two walkers who came after Darryl came after her. She gets bit, runs away. Maybe even slid down the same mini waterfall that Darryl went down. Stuck, she ends up dying from her wounds. And the walkers are slow, it takes them longer to get down there, and by the time they do, she's dead and wandered off, and Darryl is down there, so shoe walker start to gnaw on his boot.

Someway Sophia walker wonders out of that area, maybe the same way the two made it down, and ends up in the creek. One of Hershel's people are on patrol, find her, heard her into the barn. They do this while the group are out target practicing and other stuff, so they don't notice them.

So she is new in the barn. But either way. Hershel knew she was there. We know that nothing goes on at his farm without him knowing about it. So either way he's kept it from the group.

My question is. How do they get the new walkers into the bran without the other walkers getting out?

Degenerate108

Degenerate108

Infected

• Members
  • 6 posts
What if Hershel knew about it but didn't mention it because he was afraid of the outcome that happened tonight (where the crew decides they want to kill her), remember Hershel views/ed them as people so he may have been hiding the fact that she's a walker until he had some control over how the group was going to react.

That was my general thought.

Theory

Theory

Infected

• Members
  • 1 posts
I think she was probably bitten pretty early on which is maybe why she didn't go back to the camp where the rest of them were . She was probably found by hershal and put into the barn. I hope they don't skip over this and show how it happened as I'm curious myself.

Another thing that catches me is if it was the case it would probably have to be hershal as the other kid went to help look anyways. But they might've had no idea it was her either. I don't think they had pictures or anything.

Edited by Theory, 28 November 2011 - 11:42 AM.

Florida Walker

Florida Walker

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationFlorida
She looked in decent shape for a zombie. I know she was only deadish for a few days so decom couldn't have set in too much and she was protected in the bard from the elements. But how did she die? She didn't look like she had bites on her. Di dshe die from exposure? Drowning? My guess is exposure.
"Forget about yesterday for it will never be again.
Worry about becoming a zombie today
And dream about a safe-zone for tomorrow"

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Administrators
  • 3,267 posts
  • LocationThe Beyond
Probably had something to do with the giant gaping wound in her neck - reminiscent of a zombie bite. ;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

"One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad' ~Sheldon
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

Florida Walker

Florida Walker

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Probably had something to do with the giant gaping wound in her neck - reminiscent of a zombie bite. ;)

I guess I missed that....I have to look at it again. I didn't notice a neck wound...so much for my powers of observation :(
"Forget about yesterday for it will never be again.
Worry about becoming a zombie today
And dream about a safe-zone for tomorrow"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!