- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 121 posts
In the preview trailer for next week's episode, it showed Daryl and Carol talking and she said, "We don't know if we're going to find her Daryl. We can't lose you too."

So are these two going to have a "moment" or what? I know both Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride have talked about how the characters are damaged people who find kinship with each other. But my question is, in what way? Is that going to go somewhere? I've never read the comics but I heard that Carol was supposed to be with some guy named Tyreese during this time or am I wrong? Since he's not around, is Daryl taking his place. Where do you think their relationship is heading?

NarwhalZombie

NarwhalZombie

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 144 posts
I read somewhere on the forums that "T-Dawg" was supposed to be the Tyreese character from the comics. Though, with the little screen time they have given T-Dawg, I cant imagine he and Carol would start some sort of relationship. I honestly cant picture Carol with Daryl though either, but I suppose anything is possible.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,493 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I'm hoping it is just a deep friendship and nothing more. There is enough shacking up as it is. (Granted, the comic was full of it, as well.)

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationWoodbury Georgia
hell no carol is like daryl's mother. she old enough theres a huge generation gap i dont see the two mixing at all. i can see maggie and daryl mixing i mean both readneaks and attractive. but she likes dem asians
Posted Image

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,493 posts

hell no carol is like daryl's mother. she old enough theres a huge generation gap i dont see the two mixing at all. i can see maggie and daryl mixing i mean both readneaks and attractive. but she likes dem asians

Generation gap? I don't know how old the characters are supposed to be, but they seem to be around the same age to me.

Maggie is not a redneck, she is a country girl. Also, she doesn't like 'dem Asians', she likes Glenn. :rolleyes:

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts
im just playing. lol but seriously carol seems like 40 and daryl seems like 25-28 or so definatly a huge gap. also maggie and daryl seem like a good match thats my opinion
Posted Image

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,493 posts

im just playing. lol but seriously carol seems like 40 and daryl seems like 25-28 or so definatly a huge gap. also maggie and daryl seem like a good match thats my opinion

What? :blink: He might have the guns of a 28 year old, but he looks like he's in his 40s to me, though he's probably supposed to be in his 30s or so in the series. Carol looks about the same.

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts
he looks mid to late 20's and carol seems to be a good amount older than lori whos in early 30's so carrol could be like 37 at the youngest but still a HUGE gap
Posted Image

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,493 posts

he looks mid to late 20's and carol seems to be a good amount older than lori whos in early 30's so carrol could be like 37 at the youngest but still a HUGE gap

Mid to late 20s? Have you looked at his face? :P I just looked it up, Norman is about 42. Melissa has about 4 years on him.The actress who plays Andrea is also in her 40s. I think they are all supposed to be younger than they really are, though, but certainly not mid 20s.

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts
andrea is supposed to be like 32 i think she said that in the show in the 1st season i ccant remember. also i say merle is about 40 or so but daryl acts like a kid no way hes in his 40's early 30's at the very oldest
Posted Image

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 121 posts

I'm not sure about the characters, but the actors are only 4 years apart. And there are bigger age differences on the show than them. And it doesn't matter what they "seem" to be at the end of the day they're all consenting adults, so if it goes down, it goes down.

Edited by Sonaliegh, 22 November 2011 - 12:57 AM.

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts

I'm not sure about the characters, but the actors are only 4 years apart. And there are bigger age differences on the show than them. And it doesn't matter what they "seem" to be at the end of the day they're all consenting adults, so if it goes down, it goes down.

i guess your right but i hope not

Posted Image

zedhatch

zedhatch

Biter

• Members
  • 490 posts
Well, on the age thing, who is to say Carol doesn't discover her inner "Cougar" (Joke)

But when they mention the damaged people thing, they also say Daryl wouldn't trust it, just a thought.

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts

Well, on the age thing, who is to say Carol doesn't discover her inner "Cougar" (Joke)

But when they mention the damaged people thing, they also say Daryl wouldn't trust it, just a thought.

i think daryl's too tough to be consitered a "damaged person"
Posted Image

zedhatch

zedhatch

Biter

• Members
  • 490 posts

i think daryl's too tough to be consitered a "damaged person"

Did you not watch the episode, he very clearly has been abused (merle halucanations, Scars on his back).

Norman Redus even said he had been abused in an interview about the ep, he isactually the one who said that Carol and Daryl connect due to being damaged.

Still if you can't see the damage to Daryl, you aren't paying attention to the show (Or you are looking at the characters too simplisticly, either one works), damage has nothing to do with how "Tough" someone is either (in fact more damaged people can sometimes act tougher to compensate).

Nocturne

Nocturne

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 162 posts
I'd love to see Daryl & Carol connect. I don't think age would matter to Daryl given he is very inexperienced with women. I don't think he has ever found one he cares about as much as Carol (who I think has a very pretty elvin like face, if she grew that hair she'd look 10 years younger). I would say that Daryl is meant to be in his late 20's early 30's given he was a fair bit younger than Merle who was doing a stint in 'juvi' when he was nine,

If Only all 42 year old men looked like Darly Dixon eh? don't like it when they are too wrinkle free and plastic looking at that age.

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts
idk obviously daryl was abused but it doesnt bother him much he doesnt mope around thinking about his abuse all day. everyone has their little problems but does that mean everyone's a damaged person? if so then daryl is a damaged person just like the rest but not on any level of carol's damage
Posted Image

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
  • 938 posts
I actually hope they do get involved romantically. Their backgrounds are so similar and it just makes sense.

Also, age gap? WTF is this? As long as two people are consenting adults who the heck cares if they are boinking each other? I don't care. Neither should anyone else.

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 121 posts

idk obviously daryl was abused but it doesnt bother him much he doesnt mope around thinking about his abuse all day. everyone has their little problems but does that mean everyone's a damaged person? if so then daryl is a damaged person just like the rest but not on any level of carol's damage

Norman Reedus actually said that Daryl and Carol ARE on the same level when it comes to their past abuse. His might be even worse because he was a child when it started, while she's suffered through adulthood. I think you're romanticizing the character too much and missing the real point. You need to look beyond all the badass antics and see him for who he really is. No one says he has to walk around crying all day but the guy does not have a healthy relationship with himself. If he did, he wouldn't have produced all those hallucinations of Merle. Who would WANT to have visions of someone talking crap about them? No one, but that's the only reference he has.

Also, did you not see how he recoiled and scrunched up when Carol kissed him on the forehead 2 episodes ago? He's not used to affection. Norman Reedus also said, Daryl can hunt, kill, but when it comes to affection he's broken and can't take it. He said he's socially awkward. If the person who plays him picks up on that, than there really shouldn't be a debate. He spends more time with Daryl than any of us. The badass stuff is just ONE PART of him, not all. None of these characters are that one-note, especially Daryl. You've gotta look at the big picture.

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts
hmmm.....i see your point. hes not the kind who realy shows his inner emotions and coats them with badass antics and stunts. you could be right i guess we will have to wait and see what goes down. if norman reedis(he plays daryl right?) said that him and carol have a connection and made it clear thet they do then im sure something is gona happen between them. remember on television everything is put on for a reason. nothing is never followed up. what i mean is that they ALWAYS have a reason for something. for example shane killing otis is gona bite him in the butt eventually i can bet on it.
Posted Image

simplysarah

simplysarah

Lurker

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationOhio
I think with only 20 (give or take) people left alive on the planet, generation gaps are void!

I'm kind of torn on wanting to see Carol and Daryl together (although it does have a nice ring to it).

auximenes

auximenes

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 188 posts

And it doesn't matter what they "seem" to be at the end of the day they're all consenting adults, so if it goes down, it goes down.

So to speak... ;)

Wolfmoon

Wolfmoon

Infected

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationTexas

andrea is supposed to be like 32 i think she said that in the show in the 1st season i ccant remember. also i say merle is about 40 or so but daryl acts like a kid no way hes in his 40's early 30's at the very oldest

It is very apparent to me, maybe cause im 33, that Daryl and Carol are both older than me.
This is based solely on their looks. Maybe Carol has a couple of years on Daryl, still very close.

As to Daryl's character/ actions, he tends to act a bit emotionally stunted. many persons from
his type of background act this way in real life, so this may contribute to the idea that Daryl is so much younger than he really is. His upbringing may also have something to do with his
inferiority complex, or feeling less than rick or shane.

I personally like this relationship and where its headed. I hope hey evolve into a close couple. Be it friends, lovers, or what have you. I think it would all be good for the development of each character.

Edited by Wolfmoon, 22 November 2011 - 07:03 PM.

Wide spread investigation reports from funeral homes, morgues, and hospitals, have concluded that the unburied dead are coming back to life, seeking human victims. It is hard for us here to believe what we are reporting to you, but it does seem to be a fact...

Ironmangray

Ironmangray

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGood Ol' U.S. of A.

Generation gap? I don't know how old the characters are supposed to be, but they seem to be around the same age to me.

Maggie is not a redneck, she is a country girl. Also, she doesn't like 'dem Asians', she likes Glenn. :rolleyes:

Kudos for recognizing the difference between a redneck and a country girl, haha. Made my day!
“I like fishing. It’s like yoga, except I still get to kill something.”
-Ron Swanson, Parks and Recreation

Nareen

Nareen

Lurker

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationCanada

Norman Reedus actually said that Daryl and Carol ARE on the same level when it comes to their past abuse. His might be even worse because he was a child when it started, while she's suffered through adulthood. I think you're romanticizing the character too much and missing the real point. You need to look beyond all the badass antics and see him for who he really is. No one says he has to walk around crying all day but the guy does not have a healthy relationship with himself. If he did, he wouldn't have produced all those hallucinations of Merle. Who would WANT to have visions of someone talking crap about them? No one, but that's the only reference he has.

Also, did you not see how he recoiled and scrunched up when Carol kissed him on the forehead 2 episodes ago? He's not used to affection. Norman Reedus also said, Daryl can hunt, kill, but when it comes to affection he's broken and can't take it. He said he's socially awkward. If the person who plays him picks up on that, than there really shouldn't be a debate. He spends more time with Daryl than any of us. The badass stuff is just ONE PART of him, not all. None of these characters are that one-note, especially Daryl. You've gotta look at the big picture.

Very good post. Norman Reedus and the makers of TWD are trying to create a human being on the screen, not a superhero, and doing a good job.

I don't know where the relationship between Carol and Daryl is going and I don't really care as long as it is interesting. But I did notice that Daryl has been interested in Carol and maybe Sophia, ever since he watched Carol pickaxe dead Ed in the head a few times. He gave her a look then that seemed to me to be mildly surprised and approving He gave Carol and Sophia another look as he drove by them on his bike, as they were all preparing to leave the CDC. And then there was the search for Sophia and the Cherokee rose. If he was abused as a child, and sees Carol and Sophia as fellow survivors, it all makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!