- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

rabhoy67

rabhoy67

Infected

• Members
  • 2 posts
maybe ive missed it but what has caused the dead to become walkers???
i really have to know its really bugging me!!!!
brilliant though

Varanus

Varanus

Misfit Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,408 posts
Hey rabhoy67 welcome aboard!

Most of us have read the comics. I don't know if you have or not. But I can say without spoiling that the cause of this whole mess has not been revealed. Yet. You'll just have to hang in there with the rest of us and find out. It's bugging me too! I thought we were getting close for a while there but that was derailed!

meetyzombie

meetyzombie

Lurker

• Members
  • 25 posts

Hey rabhoy67 welcome aboard!

Most of us have read the comics. I don't know if you have or not. But I can say without spoiling that the cause of this whole mess has not been revealed. Yet. You'll just have to hang in there with the rest of us and find out. It's bugging me too! I thought we were getting close for a while there but that was derailed!

I don't know what it is either as I've never read the comics, but I say government conspiracy. See Dead Rising 2 video game. :)

Akin

Akin

• Members
  • 443 posts
We've a thread on that game somewhere around here... I wasn't able to get very far into it. Let's just say I was extremely disappointed...
----

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You can't take the sky from me

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Administrators
  • 3,267 posts
  • LocationThe Beyond

We've a thread on that game somewhere around here... I wasn't able to get very far into it. Let's just say I was extremely disappointed...

Really? Its so fun! Its very hard, I agree. You have to come to terms with the fact that you cant do everything, save everyone, etc. which makes it hard to play because I HAVE to do everything in a game or the OCD kicks in . . . heheh

Posted ImagePosted Image

"One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad' ~Sheldon
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

Rody

Rody

Roamer

• Members
  • 96 posts

I hated Dead rising 2 - but i did love Left 4 dead 1 and 2 and Undead Nightmare for Red Dead Redemption is really great also

Crater_Satori

Crater_Satori

Lurker

• Members
  • 29 posts
I think what I love about this forum so much is the freedom. This started out a a discussion about how the plaque started and has rolled into video game talked, lol...love it!! I know some forums where this thread would have been closed already amd messages handed out about keeping topics on track.

My guess doesn't involve government conspiracies...I figure if this thing is toppling governments its probably not theirs. I'm guessing some sort of effed up rabies strain or something along those lines that was out of control before our leaders were aware of wtf was going on. Don't rip me too bad if I am out to lunch I have not read the GN's.
Fire all weapons and open a hailing frequency for my Victory Yodel!

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

• Administrators
  • 3,267 posts
  • LocationThe Beyond

I think what I love about this forum so much is the freedom. This started out a a discussion about how the plaque started and has rolled into video game talked, lol...love it!! I know some forums where this thread would have been closed already amd messages handed out about keeping topics on track.

My guess doesn't involve government conspiracies...I figure if this thing is toppling governments its probably not theirs. I'm guessing some sort of effed up rabies strain or something along those lines that was out of control before our leaders were aware of wtf was going on. Don't rip me too bad if I am out to lunch I have not read the GN's.

Yeah, sorry for my part in any thread murdering. I am good at making a conversation go up, down, sideways . . . =\

Posted ImagePosted Image

"One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad' ~Sheldon

The Reaper

The Reaper

_|_o.O_|_

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationToronto
It's the old 2-4-5 Trioxin again.

Varanus

Varanus

Misfit Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,408 posts

It's the old 2-4-5 Trioxin again.

That stuff always manages to get out of those darn containers.....

gawkingdead

gawkingdead

Roamer

• Members
  • 81 posts
Robert Kirkman said in an interview he won't reveal the cause of the outbreak.

IGN Comics: Last issue, we saw the survivors take the first steps towards investigating the zombies and maybe trying to figure out what causes someone to become a zombie. Do you have any intention of ever explaining what caused the zombie outbreak?

Kirkman: I really don't. I think that what the book has going for it right now is a sense of realism, if that makes sense. There are a lot of girls reading the books and stuff, and I get a lot of female readers and people who don't read comics and don't read superhero comics. And so if you take away the zombies from the Walking Dead, it's really just an accessible story about people's lives in an extreme situation. And I feel that if you were to sit down and say, you know, a space spore landed on Earth and infected a bunch of people…There's no explanation for the zombies that doesn't push you further into the realm of science fiction, and I feel like it would kind of kill the believability, as odd as that sounds for a book about a bunch of dead people walking around.

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

• Administrators
  • 3,267 posts
  • LocationThe Beyond
Its toxic moonshine, of course . . .

Posted ImagePosted Image

The Reaper

The Reaper

_|_o.O_|_

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationToronto
Bio-engineered Posted Image

rzombie

rzombie

Roamer

• Members
  • 91 posts

Its toxic moonshine, of course . . .

And I told them good ol boys that their still would get us all into trouble one day...

My guess would be

Posted Image

Contaminated water supply.

And the cure

Posted Image

http://www.babble.co...1/01/coffee.jpg
Proved to prevent zombification in the human species.

rabhoy67

rabhoy67

Infected

• Members
  • 2 posts
thanks to all who have replied to me, really appreciate it. even though im no closer to knowing lol thanks anyway. "when theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth" that could always be the cause lol

TheOutsider

TheOutsider

Biter

• Members
  • 176 posts
The original Dawn of the Dead is my personal favorite of all zombi movies i have seen. Although i do think it would have been better if the original scripts ending had been used instead of the rewrite.

Back to video games. did any of the people saying that they hate Dead Rising 2 play the first one? I loved the first one, havent played 2 yet...

Pale

Pale

Lurker

• Members
  • 28 posts
I love Left 4 Dead, although not many people enjoy that.

Maybe the outbreak started because of some infection or something, like the government messing about with something? Hmm!

TheOutsider

TheOutsider

Biter

• Members
  • 176 posts
I have left 4 dead 2 on my xbox 360. its a pretty fun game but only if you have people that use thier mics and play serioudly (unless the vote to fuck around is unanimous)

gamertag: TheOu7sider

fbrets

fbrets

Infected

• Members
  • 7 posts
I don't think the writer even knows.

I figure he is playing it by ear.

When the story needs to come to an end or a new series is in the making than we will find out.

That is my take.

My far out guess and what I would like to see, Al-liens.

The virus is intelligent, host thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!