Photo

Forum Is Slowly Starting To Break Down

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • 3,940 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis
Hey guys, I'm putting this in the TV forum since that seems to be where the most activity is. 

I'm just letting you know that several parts of the message board are now crashing. I (and other mods) can no longer access our moderator forum. I can't access the Admin part of the site period, which means I can't create new forums for a new season, among other things.

I've contacted the site owner several times to no avail and he's ignored me, so at this point, I fear the site's days are numbered. Yeah I know the hey day of this place is long gone, but I know people still pop in to check things out, maybe keep in touch with someone via PM. 

On that note, I suggest you save anything you want. I am worried that as parts of the site are breaking, pretty soon the whole thing is going to just crash and burn. 

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • 2,982 posts
  • LocationNorth West England
Thanks for updating us. Sad times.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • 3,940 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

Yeah it sucks, but nothing I/we can do at this point unfortunately. :( 

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 2,137 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Thanks for everything- I joined this board several years ago and it was a bustling community of intelligent, creative people with so many ideas on the various philosophical questions the show delved into.

The show's decline in quality, as well as a simple matter of getting long in the tooth, certainly contributed to the decline in visitors, but as the show picked up I had hoped the site might grow again.

TWD did it's part, and people here have tried to do their part.

It's too bad the owners won't even comment on the problem, but it's good that you have taken the time to offer the heads up.

There are several people here who I will miss and if anyone plans to frequent another site let us know- maybe we can take over the dialog elsewhere! :)

Aolain

Aolain

Roamer

• Members
  • 525 posts
Not good....sorry to hear this. Well, before it goes belly up; good luck guys!

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members
  • 444 posts

Noticed the site was acting strangely lately, but didn't expect that.

Kind o weird that the owners didn't just pass the torch.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • 3,940 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

It's been so neglected on the back end and updates haven't been done in years (stuff I didn't have permissions to do so my hands were tied). It's been very frustrating to deal with, trust me.

Pickles312

Pickles312

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts

Indeed, it's really sad. Activity is really down. I rushed on here after the pikes episode to find it without a discussion thread at all for quite a while, and eventually gave up.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

bummer :( its been a great 6 years and theres so many nice people and ive had so much fun laughing and arguing with yall! my real name is natasha adams and im from sarnia, ontario if anyone wants to add me on fb.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members
  • 713 posts

Bit of a shame. I remember when the site was absolutely buzzing when the show and games were  at their peak popularity. Fun times with all the debates and discussions. I don't drop in near as much as I used to, but it would be sad this site go

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,710 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

What a shame.  Thanks to Bug, Steph and D.P. for keeping it alive for this long.  When the game room was inaccessible, I had my fears but this just really brings the reality home and just when the show's worth watching again!!  Best to all of y'all.  Thanks for years of great conversations.  I met a lot of good folks on here. 

Posted Image

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • 3,940 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

Yeah, it sucks bad. I'm sure I'm not the only one a bit nostalgic for the old days here when it was at its peak. Who knows, maybe things will get fixed before the next season, but I'm not holding my breath. I just wanted to give a heads up before something drastic happens and all we get is an error when we try to log on. 

cornjob

cornjob

Lurker

• Members
  • 273 posts
At the risk of stabbing the wounded, is there another TWD forum that folks are likely to use?

Aolain

Aolain

Roamer

• Members
  • 525 posts

At the risk of stabbing the wounded, is there another TWD forum that folks are likely to use?

I have lurked on “spoilthedead.” A couple of caveats: they can be a bit negative, espescially about FTWD. Also, their spoiler forum is awash in real spoilers, so avoid it if you do not want to be spoiled; less so on FTWD, the their TWD spoilers are breathtaking.

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators
  • 8,702 posts
Thanks Steph for creating this thread to keep us informed and letting us share. My heart hurts over this.

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators
  • 8,702 posts
Serenity needs some thanking too. She was helping me try to get ahold of the site owner.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

If this is our last hurrah, bye folks. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
  • 9,857 posts

If this is our last hurrah, bye folks. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

We aren't down for the count yet. Steph basically made this thread so nobody would be surprised if the site does crash and to let people know if they want to keep in touch with anyone from here, they should get their contact info.

This site would not have been the same without you.

DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead

Biter

• Members
  • 2,389 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
There is a twd forum on a site called battle royale forums. It is real similar and pretty active. Its a little buried in the menu but once you find it, it has pretty much all the same threads going.

https://battleroyaleforums.com/forum/

Click menu and forums. Scroll down to Twd. Pretty extensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members
  • 444 posts

That's kind o weird and unexpected...

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • 864 posts
  • LocationCanada

I've been having a lot of trouble posting for a few weeks now.  

The discussion on R&L has been interesting and thoughtful and I'll miss it.  

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,710 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

There is a twd forum on a site called battle royale forums. It is real similar and pretty active. Its a little buried in the menu but once you find it, it has pretty much all the same threads going.

Good find, DZH.  Hopefully this place will somehow outlive the show.  That's all up to RumblePup.  No one else can fix it so if he's not willing (or able) to do so, it will die slowly.  Game room is gone.  I thought it was a bandwidth issue as it's picture heavy down there.  Turns out, it's not.  It's really sad to see.  I hope RP isn't having health issues or something like that that's keeping him from attending to R&L.  Life does happen sometimes so I'm reluctant to make any judgment as to why this place has been left to fend for itself without the tools with which to fix it.  Still, it's nice to see a last port in the storm, as it were. So thank you!

Posted Image

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators
  • 8,702 posts
theglassintheguvseye said:

I hope RP isn't having health issues or something like that that's keeping him from attending to R&L. Life does happen sometimes so I'm reluctant to make any judgment as to why this place has been left to fend for itself without the tools with which to fix it.

I hope he's ok too. At least we got to be here together, share and some made wonderful friends to boot.

DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead

Biter

• Members
  • 2,389 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Good find, DZH. Hopefully this place will somehow outlive the show. That's all up to RumblePup. No one else can fix it so if he's not willing (or able) to do so, it will die slowly. Game room is gone. I thought it was a bandwidth issue as it's picture heavy down there. Turns out, it's not. It's really sad to see. I hope RP isn't having health issues or something like that that's keeping him from attending to R&L. Life does happen sometimes so I'm reluctant to make any judgment as to why this place has been left to fend for itself without the tools with which to fix it. Still, it's nice to see a last port in the storm, as it were. So thank you!

Ya. I havent been able to post there for weeks. I was just presenting an alternative for people to continue there conversations if the site went down.

DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead

Biter

• Members
  • 2,389 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Good find, DZH. Hopefully this place will somehow outlive the show. That's all up to RumblePup. No one else can fix it so if he's not willing (or able) to do so, it will die slowly. Game room is gone. I thought it was a bandwidth issue as it's picture heavy down there. Turns out, it's not. It's really sad to see. I hope RP isn't having health issues or something like that that's keeping him from attending to R&L. Life does happen sometimes so I'm reluctant to make any judgment as to why this place has been left to fend for itself without the tools with which to fix it. Still, it's nice to see a last port in the storm, as it were. So thank you!

Ya. I havent been able to post there for weeks. I was just presenting an alternative for people to continue there conversations if the site went down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!