The Walking Dead Season 909 ~ Adaptation ~ Review

Adaptation Review

Adaptation Review (25 )

Adaptation Poll

1. excellent ~ what I love about this show (9 [36.00%] - )

36.00%

2. good ~ while i enjoyed the show, there are things I would have liked done differently (13 [52.00%] - )

52.00%

3. fair ~ it was ok (3 [12.00%] - )

12.00%

4. poor ~ I was disappointed (0 [0.00%])

0.00%

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

I liked this episode but chose to grade it good rather than excellent because there was too much Negan. 

Overall, people are still talking to each other like human beings, especially Daryl, and it’s interesting to see characters who are “good” and care about each other have such fundamental differences of opinion and approach to survival.  I just wish that the writers could come up with something more than still another Big Bad as in the Whisperers.

The Whisperers are creepy and the whole graveyard/fog thing was well done but for me the whole concept is kind of laughable.  I can’t really believe people would do that or take them seriously.   However they are the new enemy and I liked that story: the graveyard, the bridge, lying Lydia, the jail cell.  I liked how Daryl shot the bridge walkers in the leg, thereby outing any Whisperers and at the same time distracting any real walkers.    Presumably the Whisperers followed our heroes back to Hilltop.

The Negan scenes bored me a trifle though I did enjoy seeing him humbled and abased.  I agree that it made no sense that he could wander around Alexandria unseen until daylight.   It seems that that the redemption of Negan has begun, with him voluntarily returning to his cell. So why then did Negan sneak into the Grimes residence with a shovel?  If he had found even a couple of living Saviors at the Sanctuary who would follow him, would he have returned to Alexandria?  I think not.  I think Negan returned to Alexandria because he realized that he couldn’t survive out there without people to protect and provide for him.  If he was ever anything more than a parasite, he has lost his survival skills.

I like Judith but am getting a disquieting Kick-ass superhero vibe from her.  That gun was almost as big as she is and she let Negan get within reach of it and her.  How did she know that Negan was coming back on a motorcycle?

I still believe that Michonne , and now Aaron, are wrong and that the best survival strategy is to have mutual trade, support and defense agreements with neighboring communities.    Aaron is reacting to Jesus’ death and Michonne to that big unknown.   MIchonne has always been unstable so her behavior is actually not out of character.  Aaron’s is.  

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

I'm not going to tell anyone how to feel, but I think people to get over Negan or they are going to hate the show in time. I think with Rick, Maggie, and now

Spoiler
leaving, I don't know that the show has much choice but to make Negan a very central part of the show, if not outright lead character. JDM is too big of an actor to only be doing a few scenes a season in a 10x10 cell. If they aren't going to kill the character then they need to give him a bigger role.

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

I'm not going to tell anyone how to feel, but I think people to get over Negan or they are going to hate the show in time. I think with Rick, Maggie, and now

Spoiler
leaving, I don't know that the show has much choice but to make Negan a very central part of the show, if not outright lead character. JDM is too big of an actor to only be doing a few scenes a season in a 10x10 cell. If they aren't going to kill the character then they need to give him a bigger role.

I imagine he will be let out and earn his freedom by assisting in the dispatch of the new threat.

DayLight

DayLight

Infected

• Members
So is Rosita pregnant by the guy at the clinic? (Sorry cant remember his name at the moment)
Just as Eugene was going to confess something to her, she ran off and we see her throwing up outside. The guy in the clinic comes out and asks if she's okay. She says yeah, but you remember when we 'had some fun'.... implying pregnancy maybe?... Did anyone else catch that? And if that's true then where was Father Gabriel when this all happened.
I'm liking the show but I seem to be confused about a few things..

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Spoiler

You are not wrong.  I am already on borrowed time with TWD, because of Negan. 

As far as I am concerned, the series took a sharp downward trend when he was introduced.  That’s when the fan base started hemorrhaging as well.  I can never get past the murder of Glenn and all the other horrors Negan inflicted.   I can never accept the redemption of Negan that is being foreshadowed.

JDM is charismatic and a good actor but all the charm in the world can’t erase the past.    I agree that he is too big to have a small role sitting in a cell.  I can only hope that someone kills Negan sooner rather than later. There are plenty of other characters they could develop, if they chose.

In my opinion TWD has improved greatly this season, Negan notwithstanding.  I’m enjoying it.  But I think it’s possibly my last season. 

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

So is Rosita pregnant by the guy at the clinic? (Sorry cant remember his name at the moment)
Just as Eugene was going to confess something to her, she ran off and we see her throwing up outside. The guy in the clinic comes out and asks if she's okay. She says yeah, but you remember when we 'had some fun'.... implying pregnancy maybe?... Did anyone else catch that? And if that's true then where was Father Gabriel when this all happened.
I'm liking the show but I seem to be confused about a few things..

I definitely caught it. My takeaway was that Gabriel and Rosita is a fairly new thing, and she was with Sadiq before him and is now pregnant with Sadiq's kid.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

Nice episode overall, but i wouldn't say that Kang reinvented to show.

I seems to have the usual pros and cons.

I liked that they played with a thread that was something else than humans, undead or weather. The world is big and there ought to have other species and predator that adapted themselves to the new world and became more dangerous.

Although, i was very disapointed that the dogs went down so easily. If they made it so far on their own, a single walker shouldn't be a big deal.

cornjob

cornjob

Lurker

• Members
I don’t think the Whisperers can be made to make sense as a long term strategy. Most blatant of all, how do they get food? But they did manage to make them into a creepy threat. And maybe it could be an effective way to control herds, for a variety of purposes.

I fear our two musical heroes may be toast, but hopefully they just have to convey a message. I don’t want the Muggle to die, he’s my favorite from the new group.

I liked seeing Negan faced with the dead future of HIS way of life. Sanctuary wasn’t a sustainable culture, amd Rick was proved right about that. Meanwhile Alexandria had grown into something impressive. (But Michonne is wrong to think that inter community commerce can’t be mutually beneficial.) Negan returns even more chastened at the error of his brutal vision.

Was Judith just out alone in the wilderness? That’s not reasonable. Michonne is a worse parent than Rick was. She provided a jailer for Negan, but no evidence anyone is watching her kids.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!