The Walking Dead Season 908 ~ Evolution ~ Review

Evolution (36 )

908 ~ Evolution

1. excellent ~ what I love about this show (18 [50.00%] - )

50.00%

2. good ~ what I enjoy about the show, but there are things I would have liked done differently (14 [38.89%] - )

38.89%

3. fair ~ it was ok (4 [11.11%] - )

11.11%

4. poor ~ disappointed (0 [0.00%])

0.00%

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

As mentioned, a friend of mine is convinced Jesus is still alive. One theory is it's convenient that there was a doctor in the party.

Was Siddiq with Michonne at the cemetery?  I saw only Yumiko and Magna.

As for Glenn, I seem to recall that TD didn't really commit one way or the other about his dumpster "death". I knew he was alive because of character tracking spoilers. Back then it was possible for dedicated fans to figure out who was filming and who was gone and for the rest of us to reap the benefit.  These days AMC, the production and the actors are much more careful..

I thought "dumpstergate" was funny but there were a lot of angry fans.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

I saw that myself! Although I don't think he has so didn't want to spoil it

Has there ever been an in memorium that has come back? Was Glenn in it after Dumpster Gate?

No, Glenn was not. 

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

I don't consider Jesus as dead or alive at that point considering they ended the episode right after he fell, and i don't want to know stuff about outside sources.

But i don't really care about his fate, in any case.

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Never mind TD, it looked to me like Jesus died instantly, possible stabbed through the heart.  Certainly Aaron, who mourned over the body for a moment, seemed to think so.    

auximenes

auximenes

Lurker

• Members

I dunno - maybe the same reason Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock went on almost every landing party on Star Trek, no matter how dangerous.  Shows feature their star characters, regardless of how unrealistic it might be for them to be present in certain situations.

Kirk wanted to be first down so he could lay claim on the green alien chicks right from the get-go.

cornjob

cornjob

Lurker

• Members

I'm still behind the live broadcasts, just watched this one. I thought this was a very good episode.  Well written, well acted and well shot. (Well, the acting for the 'kids' was acceptable, but the main characters did a good job.)

Daryl looks like he's practically based off of the original Fallout game's "Vaultdweller" when he's roaming the post-apocalyptic countryside with his dog. The dog in that one was named 'Dogmeat'. But the image of the loan rebel walking through the desolate waste with a dog by his side is unmistakable.

I'm sure later episodes have shed light on the history here, but Michonne's behavior is certainly annoying. She seems to have done a complete 180 from where we left her, poring over law books and looking forward to a larger civilization. Its a mystery what happened. If this were the last 2 seasons, I'd assume that there will be no satisfying pay-off that would explain her character behaving this way. It would end up just being a bizarre change for reasons that make no sense when they show me the interim events. But this season has earned my trust back, so I'll wait and see. 

Having read the comics, I wasn't surprised when Negan's cage was left open. But I wonder if they're going to play off the comic's story to set fans up for little twists. I fully expected him to pick up his ball and go back to sit in his cell. I know there are several that want him executed (fans), but the show is more interesting to me if he's an active character. Its missing the playfulness that both Glen and Abraham could bring to a scene. Negan isn't the same kind of humor, but I do think the show can stand a bit more humor.

The scenes with the herd, the darkening mist and the graveyard where fantastic. That was very well done, and a treat to watch. (Eugene's manner of speech used to be amusing at times, but it just kind of grates now. If he becomes an even larger roled character, I hope they play that down a bit.) I had no inclination that Jesus was at risk. I was thinking, "Finally, they're showing him to be a pseudo-ninja like he's supposed to be." 

I think the strategy of dressing up like a zombie is actually extremely risky. (If you farted or burped, would the herd turn on you?) There are still ranged weapons even if people aren't using live ammunition for firearms, and it would be pretty common to shoot zombies from some distance. 

I think Henry is taking over some of what Carl's character was meant to be in the comic.  It actually works a bit better since the actor looks like a more believable adolescent than Chandler was looking. 

Anyway, overall I very much enjoyed the episode, and thought the unveiling of the Whisperers was handled well. I'm very curious what they're doing with Negan next.

cornjob

cornjob

Lurker

• Members

Also, I meant to mention this in another episode, but why did we send the doctor on the run to Hilltop?
Seriously, you send Siddiq? I like the character. But why did he go on this journey?

I think he was still tending the newcomer who had been unconscious.  It may not have been strictly necessary, but it makes sense for him to accompany her in the early part of her recovery, especially since he has a competent apprentice back in Alexandria. 

Bric

Bric

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationOrlando, FL.
I don't really see how Kang has made the show any better (I would've gone with Kodos myself). It still just seems like a bunch of random people making stupid decisions, engaging in ridiculous dialogue, and apparently having no plan or idea about anything past the next coffee break, even though coffee, tailors, barbers, and basic hygiene products should have been gone about 5 years ago. It almost seems like a comic book or a soap opera. No its more like Facebook or Twitter. Random carp to occupy your time until you go to bed.
"There are many new walls around the village... they won't keep us out..."
"They weren't built to keep you out. They were built to keep you in."

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!