The Walking Dead Season 908 ~ Evolution ~ Review

Evolution (36 )

908 ~ Evolution

1. excellent ~ what I love about this show (18 [50.00%] - )

50.00%

2. good ~ what I enjoy about the show, but there are things I would have liked done differently (14 [38.89%] - )

38.89%

3. fair ~ it was ok (4 [11.11%] - )

11.11%

4. poor ~ disappointed (0 [0.00%])

0.00%

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
The only thing i disliked was who they killed and Henry getting thrown in jail. The rest. In my opinion was great.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

That was the most solid episode of the season. This is the most I've enjoyed the show since S5. 

SkeezyMak

SkeezyMak

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDelaware, USA

Never thought after losing maggie and rick this season that the show would be the best its been in a long time.

UnlimitedAmmo

UnlimitedAmmo

Infected

• Members

If Negan is back in business then TWD has jumped the shark (again) after jumping the shark several times.  That would be a deal breaker

Just curious, why not live on the second floor, avoid the wandering dead??

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Thought it was a great episode.  I have to say the whisperers are pretty terrifying- more so than in the comic in my opinion.  In the comic they were just a bunch of weirdos. Dangerous yes, but not what I would call genuinely frightening. 

Getting rid of Gimple as show runner was a wise move. I just wish it had been done two seasons ago. 

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Shape430

Shape430

Infected

• Members

Not gonna lie, I really wanted one or all of those teenagers to die lol. That type of dumb teenager should not exist 9+ years into the ZA.

But am I the only one that feels the whisperers don't really make much sense? So either there were hundreds of them in masks, pretending to be walkers, or there were a dozen or so in masks leading the walkers. If its the former then that means hundreds of people slowly shambled after like 4 guys, one of which was injured, for countless hours. Wouldn't it have made more sense for them to just run after them from the start? Why the act if they so heavily outnumber them? Not to mention if they all were people, then quite a few of them willingly got themselves killed just to keep the act going.

And if its the latter, well, that would make even less sense because as soon as they started whispering the real walkers would have turned around and chomped on them. Not to mention the real walkers wouldn't have ignored Daryl and his dog.

Idk this just kinda bothered me. I'm sure it'll be revealed that they're all crazy or something and It'll make a lot more sense.

As for Negan escaping, well I don't really know what to think about that. While It's interesting, I don't really know what he can do without any followers, as Carol did just kill all the remaining Saviors that didn't fully integrate into the 3 communities. Unless of course he pulls a Governor and just finds a random largish group to take over. I just really hope they don't have him swoop in to "save" the day at the last second, giving them an excuse to have him join and potentially redeem himself. That's when Id most likely drop this show for good.

Overall though I enjoyed the episode and thought it was good. I have to agree that getting rid of Gimple was the smartest thing they could've done. Now if only they could get him to stop ruining Fear as well...

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

If Negan is back in business then TWD has jumped the shark (again) after jumping the shark several times. That would be a deal breaker

It's a show about the dead walking around eating people. If that's not jumping the shark I don't know what.

KoKoJazz

KoKoJazz

Infected

• Members
  • LocationThe other side of the wardrobe

Thought it was very good!

"Now you're trapped..."

-The introduction to the Whisperers was really great, from the opening scene with the one "walker" slowly turning her head and eyes on the group to the end at the cemetery. I loved the encounter at the cemetery, the walkers closing in out of the doom and gloom and really got across that menacing sense of fear and dread.

-While I didn't hate the story line with the dumb party teens I can't say I was interested or found it necessary. Although, when we got that scene of the kid being left down in that hole with the others walking off my first thought was that it was going to lead to a plot with people having to go out searching for him and being killed or maimed by the Whisperers for all their troubles. So I was pretty happy it didn't play out that way after all.

-I know a lot of people hate Negan and his scenes and such but I really like his interactions with Judith and Gabe. Loved Gabe giving him "the reason you such speech" and I cracked up with Negan's "I loved the shit out of tv back when that was a thing. ". LOL! XD

-The only thing I really disliked, and I disliked it a whole lot, was killing off Jesus. He surely went out in style like the badass he is and the way his death played out was believable enough (as how could he have possibly seen that kind of move coming from a "walker"?). I also think it works as showing us just how serious a threat the Whispers are if they could pull one over and take out someone like him.

I just feel like after his promising introduction he has since been underused, pushed more to the background, and hasn't been given much of anything to really do. Also that after building up the hype of his fighting skills this was pretty much the first time we've really seen the true promised extent of them in action. I was really looking forward to him in action to come fight the Whisperers (er, knowingly)

Though with all the "when Jesus gets back" you knew then he was bound to snuff it. XD

-"Doesn't look promising"  LOL! 

-Like how Yumiko came to aid them.

-Am filled with anxiety ever time Dog is in a scene. The horse deaths are bad enough without adding dogs to the list. D:

-More and more Interested in what the hell went down between Maggie and Michonne.' 

-All in all, I have been really liking this season. It feels refreshed and the best in years.

ATTENTION:

We of the S.O.S Brigade are committed to seeking out the mysteries in this universe.

If you are an alien, slider, time traveler, or esper please come see us today!

xpoc454

xpoc454

Infected

• Members

I voted fair. But the season I would agree is much better than last season.

Gripes. 

I rolled my eyes to the teenage angst stupidity.  Didn't we have a very similar scene in Fear the walking dead?  Booze and zombie play.

Jesus dying was pretty well telegraphed in walking dead fashion.  His talk about fixing a meaningless complaint with the gazoo before he left.  Him for no reason soling the heard when it appeared he could have just left with the group.  

It makes sense the Jesus gets killed, he seemed like someone who had common sense so he must die.

The dog worries me also.  

The whisperers- There is going to have to be a lot of explaining as mentioned above. 

Additionally to the above-What is there game plan? I know its all spooky to have them walking around in skin suits, but after they kill people very very very slowly, do they run off the zombies and eat leftover food?  Is that very sustainable with so few people around?  

At some point arent the good guys going to figure out that all you have to do to stop the whisperers is start shooting or killing the live people and let the zombies turn on them ?  Shoot a whisperer in the leg and let him start yelling?

Hopfully the shows attempts to explain some of the stuff.

Good-Finally! Someone actually talks about the science of what they are dealing with.  Eugene says something about how they must not be all the way dead and maybe the are evolving.  At least they acknowledge something biologically weird is going on.

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

I liked this episode. Had a few gripes but nothing that would downgrade the enjoyability for me. 

Saw the death being telegraphed as many have said, but it was still a pretty cool visual and it makes sense that he was taken by surprise by the "walker" ducking. 

I, too am a little confused about how the whole whisperer thing works, and I'm torn between wanting them to explain it, and hoping they just leave it be and not dive too deeply. There has to be some mechanism they're using to get them to turn and walk and "mill around" the way they want but I'm not sure I want to know. As long as it doesn't get too over the top I think i'd be ok with no explanation.

Didn't really have an issue with Henry and the other teenagers. Even in a world full of danger, kids are going to do stupid and reckless things. The acting wasn't that great, but the sentiment behind the scene was perceptible.

Actually enjoyed the scenes between Negan and Gabriel.

Was disappointed in the small amount of screen time given to Magna. Hope she gets more in the coming episodes. 

Aolain

Aolain

Roamer

• Members
Pretty good.

Negan in jail with the ball and glove was a homage to Steve McQueen in The Cooler in “The Great Escape.”

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

I know its all spooky to have them walking around in skin suits, but after they kill people very very very slowly, do they run off the zombies and eat leftover food?  Is that very sustainable with so few people around?  

At some point arent the good guys going to figure out that all you have to do to stop the whisperers is start shooting or killing the live people and let the zombies turn on them ?  Shoot a whisperer in the leg and let him start yelling?

Hopfully the shows attempts to explain some of the stuff.

As Kirkman said on Talking Dead, and evidenced by what the one said to Jesus, "You are where you don't belong", the Whisperers are territorial. Our gang wandered on to the Whisperers territory and they apparently don't take too kindly to that. While they aren't aggressive in that they don't go out looking for people/groups to conquer, they defend their territory aggressively obviously.

I agree some things don't make sense like how they were able to distract the herd from Dog's barking.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
If they don't explain the whisperers and their logic by seasons end. Maybe someone who read the comics should explain why they do what they do.

I sort of know the point behind why they do what they do. They didn't delve too much into the comics but you get their point.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

I don't have a problem with the teenager stuff either. Doing dumb things is what they do.

As for Negan,

Spoiler

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

I don't have a problem with the teenager stuff either because these teenagers have literally grown up with walkers. To them, walkers are normal and they're nothing but dangerous wild animals. They don't really remember a life without walkers. 

gilbert

gilbert

Infected

• Members

Pretty good.

Negan in jail with the ball and glove was a homage to Steve McQueen in The Cooler in “The Great Escape.”

Yeah, that is a good catch (no pun intended)  

gilbert

gilbert

Infected

• Members

As Kirkman said on Talking Dead, and evidenced by what the one said to Jesus, "You are where you don't belong", the Whisperers are territorial. Our gang wandered on to the Whisperers territory and they apparently don't take too kindly to that. While they aren't aggressive in that they don't go out looking for people/groups to conquer, they defend their territory aggressively obviously.

I agree some things don't make sense like how they were able to distract the herd from Dog's barking.

Okay, so they act like they have territory to  to defend, they were walking with walkers who ramble around for their next bite, so do the whisperers own everything?  I thought they were scary, Ryan Hurst is a big boy to begin with, with walker skin, he's monstrous.....I loved it, was that him who killed Jesus?  So at the cemetery when they were killing walkers, were they whisperers mixed in with walkers?  I know the one where Daryl cuts off the walker skin, that couldn't have been the only one.

In previews when they showed whisperers just standing at the gates....reminds me of halloween horror nights at universal that I went to this year...there were dead scarecrows just standing there, tilting their heads, staring.....I think I'm having PTSD hahaha

gilbert

gilbert

Infected

• Members

-Am filled with anxiety ever time Dog is in a scene. The horse deaths are bad enough without adding dogs to the list. D:

-More and more Interested in what the hell went down between Maggie and Michonne.' 

Yup, the same, people ok, animals is a no go.....watched horses, tiger, various small animals, don't add a dog, please

I was trying to decipher what could be the issue with Michonne and others, any good guesses?  Cause the only thing I thought it would be is something to do with Ricks 'death', or when she was writing a declaration of independence for the apocalypse.

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

Yup, the same, people ok, animals is a no go.....watched horses, tiger, various small animals, don't add a dog, please

I was trying to decipher what could be the issue with Michonne and others, any good guesses?  Cause the only thing I thought it would be is something to do with Ricks 'death', or when she was writing a declaration of independence for the apocalypse.

My guess is that it ties back to what Maggie did to Rick. Her and Daryl are pretty responsible for his death. They allowed Oceanside to murder saviors, they lied to Rick and took him to where the herd eventually spooked his horse. 

If Michonne figured that out then I could see why she wouldn't be on good terms with her.

bully8

bully8

S-mart Employee

• Members

=======================

Two problems - 1)Figuring out which of the herd are whisperers, 2)Nobody has any guns left.  Except 9 year old Judith, who carries Rick's .357 Magnum Colt around.  A gun which recoils so hard that most grown women would have difficulty controlling it.

This was a well done episode.  The night photography was good - the fog is a throwback to classic horror movies.

I kind of question how workable the whole Whisperer approach is - when do you eat or sleep if the herd follows you everywhere?

Did anybody understand when Daryl threw the alarm clock?  Was that supposed to draw the herd in that direction - really?

gilbert

gilbert

Infected

• Members

My guess is that it ties back to what Maggie did to Rick. Her and Daryl are pretty responsible for his death. They allowed Oceanside to murder saviors, they lied to Rick and took him to where the herd eventually spooked his horse. 

If Michonne figured that out then I could see why she wouldn't be on good terms with her.

That makes sense, the X is where maybe the rod iron went through Rick? But then how would they know? or they see Rick right before the blow up of the bridge? Stretching it a bit but feasible

gilbert

gilbert

Infected

• Members

Reading some recaps of the show.....what is the fair?  I know what they said on Talking Dead, but it seems like a Renaissance Faire, where surrounding villages come to sell wares and for drinking and eating communities together....So it's my guess that the apocalypse turns Medieval? 

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

That makes sense, the X is where maybe the rod iron went through Rick? But then how would they know? or they see Rick right before the blow up of the bridge? Stretching it a bit but feasible

The X could be unrelated to the tension between the 2. Or perhaps part of the mechanism in which Michonne found out about what Daryl and Maggie had done.

remmdog

remmdog

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCT

Loved the episode, the development of Michonne, Carol, Tara, and even Darryl is great.  Aaron appears to be taking a bigger lead, which I like as well.  The haunting of the whisperers is much better on screen than in the comic in my opinion.  They are just flat out creepy in this one and watching the gang try and figure out what the f@# was going on was great.  I loved that Michonne tracks them down and Daryll's face once he realizes something is terribly wrong.

The BAD!!!!!  Jesus NOOOOOOO.  This for me is the biggest wtf since I love the character as a lead in the comics and on-screen.  I really think they missed some of his best sequences from the comic series such as fighting Abraham and Michonne and just flat out being a badass.  I unlike most of you apparently thought they were finally giving his character his due... then WTF did they just kill him.  I couldn't believe it.... and still don't.  

I'm one of those comic fools that wants more "fun" out of the show with badassery. Michonne was and is my favorite character due to her ability to just ninja an entire herd by herself in the comic.  Jesus was a close second with his ability to own as well.  Darryl and Carol seem to be taking those rolls in the series.... makes me a little sad.  

Negan - Is it just me or has his candence in dialogue changed?  I think overall he takes the roll of Rick from the comic, Daryl will take Negan's slot.  

Super BAD!!!!  Henry is just awful, the actor is terrible.... if they take him and try to become Carl from the comic series I will cry a little.  

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!