Issue 185 Discussion

- - - - -

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members

Ok issue as not much really happened. It was really just an issue that they were checking in on all the different locations. If Rick takes over at the Commonwealth it will likely be through diplomacy and not any type of battle (though to be honest I hope Rick doesn't become the leader of Commonwealth as that story thread is getting quite repetitive at this point).

Lol, we don't see Lydia for a years worth of comic releases and all she does in this issue is snore. What a coinkidink that Sophia is in the hallway at the exact moment in the middle of the night that Carl is leaving Lydia's room and 'lo and behold they start talking about Sophia wanting to find someone to have sex with as well. I predict Carl and Sophia will be shagging by issue 200. It couldn't be more obvious at this point that Kirkman is setting Carl and Sophia up to get into a relationship together (Lydia is just playing the role of the wild girl that the guy chooses to start off with and Sophia is playing the role of the girl that the guy often comes back to).

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators
Are you saying Lydia is the bad girl and Sofia is the sweet girl next door? ;)

Dwight's a loose check cannon that could hurt this community and less to trouble for everyone back home. I don't like how he didn't feel he could lead The Saviors, but is all gung ho about taking over the commonwealth. Yes, we see the class dysfunction, but a coup? No. Looking for a smart way to guide people without violence is the only way. It'll take time.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Dwight's a loose check cannon that could hurt this community and less to trouble for everyone back home. I don't like how he didn't feel he could lead The Saviors, but is all gung ho about taking over the commonwealth. Yes, we see the class dysfunction, but a coup? No. Looking for a smart way to guide people without violence is the only way. It'll take time.

I hate Dwight's way of going about things. Dwight being stupid also showed the people that they don't have to stand for it.

Dwight didn't want to lead the saviors and they didn't want him. That's just something nobody seems to get. They wanted sherrybor anyone else. They were angry at te other groups plus they lost the war.

Going into a new group and understanding these people he can help because he was the person they are. He had to bow to power and the way Negan ruled. He knows where they are coming from.

It's an understanding of sorts. Dwight is use to war. He's use to killing and fighting.

What dwight is doing is stupid. I'm not defending what he's doing. However, Magna is also worried about a war knowing that this could full well head that direction maybe kirkman can do something difference for a change.

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members

Yeah in a way. Lydia is playing the role of the hot girl that is a lot of fun and Sophia is playing the role of the girl that the guy grew up with who has always been there for him.

Definitely cliché but Kirkman has a habit of writing into clichés and tropes like that. 

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa
Am I the only one that caught this right away? Seems like a very silly mistake to make after this long...

https://imgur.com/a/bSSVcOn

(for those that don't see it, look what Rick has on the bars...)

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members

Am I the only one that caught this right away? Seems like a very silly mistake to make after this long...

https://imgur.com/a/bSSVcOn

(for those that don't see it, look what Rick has on the bars...)

Yeah those things happen from time to time and to be honest should be expected to happen ever once in awhile given how much work has to be done in drawing this series.

I don't think that much of it given that it doesn't happen very often.

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa
I'm the opposite, I think a lot more of it because it doesn't happen often... Surely they have people that check the issues for consistency?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!