10 More Years?

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

AMC says it plans to continue Walking Dead for 10 more years. This wasn't said 4 years ago during Season 5. They said it last month. Can it really last that long?

https://www.ign.com/...t-says-amc-boss

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

Not the parent series. Maybe the universe itself if they keep spinning it off. 

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

Sure it can.

Bleeding ratings is irrelevant, when you remain in the top three shows. TWD is doing well by every measure except when measured against itself.

Kang, thankfully, is FAR better than Gimple was. 4 episodes in, each one better than every one in the last two years, for the most part. And that's while continuing to juggle the errors from the past that she couldn't simply ignore.

The real test will be post-Rick. I have always believed Rick was not essential. Many others believe he is.

We will see. They must focus on character, on dialog, and on plot. Stay away from A-team inanity. Stay away from absolutes, evil or good. Stay away from repeating patterns and try going left when we expect rights. You have a few core characters that the show can still circle around. Daryl, Carol, Michonne, and Maggie should she be able to return. Please make fringe characters full- Gabriel is great. Rosita needs more, Eugene needs new notes to hit. He was on the road to bravery and they betrayed Abraham's character when they took Eugene's growth (largely due to Abe) and threw it away towards cowardice. Sure he finally came around, but not before essentially killing Sasha. Aaron is fine, just needs more use. Jesus must get more. Basically, every character that we know as one note needs more.

I might not stick around. I assume they will keep thinking there must always be a new, bigger, and badder enemy. That will turn stupid fast. Gimple already did that, of course, but Kang is dialing it back. Regardless, enough people actually enjoyed the last two seasons to claim they loved them. Those people might not be on these boards, but they exist and the show remains a ratings winner.

Spoiler

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

It will be hard without Maggie and Rick. Those two characters really became great after the savior arc.

But i like that those shows can kill protagonists. I know other shows that should have done the same long ago.

Deadheads

Deadheads

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMinnesota

10 years for sure... I think they could do it. Keep Daryl kicking A... Give Rosita more screen time, especially in those yoga pants.. Kill Eugen and FG. And I'd be happy.. We'll see how long Carol last after Rick leaves.. maybe jump ship like the rest.. But I hope not...

DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSan Diego
Holly crap!! I just read Lincoln is set to star in three TWD spin off movies. That makes a lot more sense.... and money.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!