Michonne & Judith

Aolain

Aolain

Roamer

• Members

Given that Rick is going, any idea what will happen to Michonne and Judith? I think the extended "play time" with baby Judith did not bode well for the child.

On the other hand, would TPTB go so far as kill her? That would seem grim even for them.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

Also a waste of the character.

Carl went for kindergarten to university age in 8 seasons, while Judith is barely able to talk after 7 seasons.

So basically, she eats screentime without being a character. That would be a shame to kill her once she starts to become relevant.

(Although, they kind of did it for Beth)

On the other topic, foster parent is a reccuring thing in the comics. Many children\parent die and kid get adopted by other adults. After many years, you tend to forget that they weren'T raised by their biological parents.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

I would love to see Michonne raise Judith. Judith wasn't integrated into the show well and because of that people have the impression that losing Carl means Rick lost his reason. Thankfully this season Judith has shown a clear reason to continue, as she would be that. They also tried to make Michonne think losing Rick means losing everything, despite the work done to show she has acted as mother to Judith and Carl (or at least close kin). This season has repaired that mistake as well. 

Having Michonne raise Judith, and having Judith actually grow up in an apocalypse, is too good to throw away. Looking forward, she and Li'l Hershel are the future.  It's an important narrative they lost with Carl (and Enid can't truly fulfill due to her age when we met her.)

We also need to keep old connections in the show. No Maggie and no Rick strips us down to Carol, Daryl, and Michonne as the only connections even as far as season 2 (Michonne cameo if it counts). That's not much, and season three doesn't add any more. 

Without people to carry the history the show loses some depth. Keep Michonne and Judith.

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

I don't imagine Rick is dying. My guess is he scampers off on a side quest and for some reason Judith goes along.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

I don't imagine Rick is dying. My guess is he scampers off on a side quest and for some reason Judith goes along.

Search for Heath?

omegaman

omegaman

Roamer

• Members

Maybe Maggie kills Negan and everyone is on their side. Rick says he can't live in a world like that and just walks out into the sunset.

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Are we sailing down da Nile here?

I think that Rick will die.  If they are going to lose their leading character and basically have to reboot the series, surely they would want to make it an huge event.   Rick running off on a side quest, going to some far community or just disappearing is not really epic.  I anticipate a heroic or at least game changing death for Rick and that Michonne will lead Alexandria and raise Judith for as long as DG wants to stay with TWD.

Also, why leave the fans hanging, again?  Lincoln has hinted a few times over the years that Rick might not make it.    He wants out, he wants to go back to England and the way out on TWD is death.  We don't need another lost character.  There is or was more than enough speculation about Heath, Morales and Beth.

On the other hand, I think that Maggie will take Hershel and move to Georgie's community for some unknown reason, leaving the door open to her coming back.  That's been fairly obviously foreshadowed.  

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

Are we sailing down da Nile here?

I think that Rick will die.  If they are going to lose their leading character and basically have to reboot the series, surely they would want to make it an huge event.   Rick running off on a side quest, going to some far community or just disappearing is not really epic.  I anticipate a heroic or at least game changing death for Rick and that Michonne will lead Alexandria and raise Judith for as long as DG wants to stay with TWD.

Also, why leave the fans hanging, again?  Lincoln has hinted a few times over the years that Rick might not make it.    He wants out, he wants to go back to England and the way out on TWD is death.  We don't need another lost character.  There is or was more than enough speculation about Heath, Morales and Beth.

On the other hand, I think that Maggie will take Hershel and move to Georgie's community for some unknown reason, leaving the door open to her coming back.  That's been fairly obviously foreshadowed.  

Those are all plotlines made with common sense....which is not usually the path this show takes...you could be right...

Alessia2

Alessia2

Lurker

• Members

I would love to see Michonne raise Judith. Judith wasn't integrated into the show well and because of that people have the impression that losing Carl means Rick lost his reason. Thankfully this season Judith has shown a clear reason to continue, as she would be that. They also tried to make Michonne think losing Rick means losing everything, despite the work done to show she has acted as mother to Judith and Carl (or at least close kin). This season has repaired that mistake as well. 

Having Michonne raise Judith, and having Judith actually grow up in an apocalypse, is too good to throw away. Looking forward, she and Li'l Hershel are the future.  It's an important narrative they lost with Carl (and Enid can't truly fulfill due to her age when we met her.)

We also need to keep old connections in the show. No Maggie and no Rick strips us down to Carol, Daryl, and Michonne as the only connections even as far as season 2 (Michonne cameo if it counts). That's not much, and season three doesn't add any more. 

Without people to carry the history the show loses some depth. Keep Michonne and Judith.

I just adore recent, super cute Judith and the time jump was great for her side, as now the same little actresses can continue in the role. :)

Michonne is the only mom she knows so of course it would be her to raise Judith. I love to watch them together. And I hope the children will be the future of the series. Judith, Hershel, Gracie and others. :) And I wonder, if we will later see a baby of Rick´s and Michonne´s too, as Rick seemed to be eager to make one in this episode... ;)

Aolain

Aolain

Roamer

• Members

I just adore recent, super cute Judith and the time jump was great for her side, as now the same little actresses can continue in the role. :)

Michonne is the only mom she knows so of course it would be her to raise Judith. I love to watch them together. And I hope the children will be the future of the series. Judith, Hershel, Gracie and others. :) And I wonder, if we will later see a baby of Rick´s and Michonne´s too, as Rick seemed to be eager to make one in this episode... ;)

I agree. They were quite keen to make note of Rick's desire for another child. So, If I were to guess, Michonne will become pregnant and stay with the show.

Also, when they were discussing a missing savior, it was observed that one of them had a baby. So, seems as if people are beginning to feel secure enough to reproduce.

I am quite interested in the direction the show is taking!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!