- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 5,851 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Anybody ?

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members
  • 47 posts

I'll just copy and paste my review I made in a different forum.

Issue was pretty good and I am glad that they dealt with the uprising as quickly as they did and didn't make it a bigger deal than they should have. A part of me thinks that they were a little too quick with having Rick come in and making an impact but at the same time I realize you can't have him come in and do nothing for five issues.

Well things have been set up for Rick becoming the next leader of the Commonwealth because we found out that Pamela was 'elected' into office. Hmmm......wonder who will be elected next????????

The last page or two with Dwight was a little too off the wall for my tastes though. It seems Kirkman is trying to show Dwight with a different angle but I don't think he has been developed enough recently for that new angle to be believable. He instead just seems like a different character in a lot of ways.

I don't know how practical constantly maintaining 350/400 miles of track will be (and being able to keep trains in working order on top of that) in the long run but we will see how far they go with that storyline.

Oh and I am all for Princess hooking up with the big bad stormtrooper. The more time he spends keeping her mouth occupied the less often we will have to listen to her.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
  • 2,152 posts

Princess with the rockin' bod. Who knew? She reminds me of Alyson Hannigan's character in American Pie, a chick who just doesn't shut up.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

loved mr t amd the princess but the best moment was rick telling dwight "no", i laughed my ass off for a solid 3 minutes, and i think it may have been the funniest moment in the comic thus far. previously the crown went to dale for the "you're eating tainted meat" moment.

i love that rick is making waves by leading by example instead of trying to push his way of life on the commonwealth, less chance of war that way. i can't help but wonder if he'll end up leading the commonwealth and whether or not dwight will start shit to rule it, of course this is if euge doesn't bring a horde upon them all with the train.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,851 posts

setting up a poor vs rich civil war. Opens up a "bigger world" again and it is quite obvious that Rick will lead the Commonwealth. 

This reminds me of the Saviors vs. Rick and co. and it seems to me that the whole larger world theme keeps things getting bigger with every arc. 

It would be a hell of a thing if  Negan was to somehow show back up and gain control.........

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members
  • 47 posts

setting up a poor vs rich civil war. Opens up a "bigger world" again and it is quite obvious that Rick will lead the Commonwealth. 

This reminds me of the Saviors vs. Rick and co. and it seems to me that the whole larger world theme keeps things getting bigger with every arc. 

It would be a hell of a thing if  Negan was to somehow show back up and gain control......…

Nah. I don't see any type of civil war taking place in the Commonwealth. This will all end of being a pretty small story arc mainly intended to bring the Alexandria group into the Commonwealth.

And I know Negan fans don't want to hear it but I think his time is largely done in the comic. Kirkman may do another one off issue with him sometime just to show what he is up to now or to finish off his story for good. But I think his place in this main story arc is done.

Edited by RayRey, 05 October 2018 - 12:12 AM.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,851 posts

Nah. I don't see any type of civil war taking place in the Commonwealth. This will all end of being a pretty small story arc mainly intended to bring the Alexandria group into the Commonwealth.

And I know Negan fans don't want to hear it but I think his time is largely done in the comic. Kirkman may do another one off issue with him sometime just to show what he is up to now or to finish off his story for good. But I think his place in this main story arc is done.

The Commonwealth went apeshit pretty quick........tensions are high already between the upper class and the under class.

Michonne has already taken a side with defending the beating death in court.

Dwight has already stated he wants to take control of it.

Under class people have asked Rick to move to Alexandria even though Rick made sure to let them know life is not as good as it is there.

The seeds have been planted. 

Kirkman said in the letter hacks in 182 Negan would never be seen again but I dont believe him.  I am sure you are right about him not playing into this arc. 

Edited by PorkTornado75, 05 October 2018 - 02:00 AM.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationOhio
People asking to go to Alexandria came up faster than I thought. I figured once Rick's ideas got out that it would happen.

I'm glad they are going to try and get things going.

We can't talk politics on this forum but it's obvious where kirkman is heading with this and what he's using as source material.

The rich vs poor thing is an issue. I hate the fact some people frown upon others because of a job title. They scoff at the little things. However those little things is what they refuse to do.

A few issues down the road I wouldn't be surprised if people will want to leave with Rick. I also don't mean a few dozen. Probably hundreds. Though they wouldn't have the supplies to feed all of them.

I feel once the little man is gone the other people will be starting fights amongst themselves over who does what.

Bug

Bug

• Moderators
  • 7,823 posts
*If* Negan shows he'll need to back Rick. He'd have to tell Pamela and the rest of the commonwealth how he had maintained a class system and been wrong. That would uphold the reformed plot line and give more legitimacy to Maggie's forgiveness. Anything less would be a disappointment. It might be interesting to see the new, improved Negan interacting in society.

With Michonne's speech I felt she was asking for everyone to forgive the beating and the riot as well as everyone involved. The thing is that it's not that easy to get over injustices.

By doing what was right when he helped clean up Rick gave hope to people that were just following the rules to survive. That's why people will go to Alexandria - hope for a better future.

Dwight could have led the Saviors, but wimped out. He's arrogant to think he can just walk in and take over. I wonder if he's trying to prove something to himself.

RayRey said:

Oh and I am all for Princess hooking up with the big bad stormtrooper. The more time he spends keeping her mouth occupied the less often we will have to listen to her.

Opposites attract. Besides, I thought she talked as much in this issue as she has before. :)

Edited by Bug, 06 October 2018 - 07:30 PM.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationOhio
Dwight is just a complicated character. He didn't want to be in charge of the saviors and they didn't want him to be. I'm sure to them he's just a traitor.

Negan broke him. Then sherry continued the process. He felt out of place. Honestly he should have been moved to hilltop or maybe the kingdom. Hell perhaps Alexandria Rick should have kept a closer eye on him to see this stuff.

All that being said kirkman is going to have dwight do something stupid then he'll be killed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!