The Core Group

Aolain

Aolain

Roamer

• Members

With the season finale, we now have our core group of survivors for next season. Here are some of my thoughts.

1) Morgan. I loved S1 Morgan. I cannot stand his "do not kill" mantra. But I guess we are stuck with him as leader.

2) Alicia. I never liked Alicia, but I have warmed up to her.

3) Strand. I like the character, but  think he exists to just play the foil for others.

4) The Cowboy (why can I never remember his name?) I love the character!

5) June: I do not get into her. Will she live? Will she die? It depends on what they want to do with cowboy.

6) Al: An interesting character; but one I do not get into yet. Lots of possibilities with her though.

7) The Kid: Lots can be done with her. She is going to do a Carl and grow up faster than the plot timeline. She is much more interesting than Enid & she does not mope around all day.

8) The Two Truckers: I have no opinion yet. Could they be food for the fishes?

As to deaths, I think Morgan, Cowboy (isn't John his name?), Strand, Alicia, and the kid are safe next season.

It is entirely possible that the core group could go the entirety of next season without a death since they almost completely wiped out the Manawa Gang.

Question: Will be faced with another mustache-twirling mega bad guy next season?

Any thoughts?

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

I do not share those pronostics.

The kid ought to bite it before she grows up too fast and someone else says that it has been a couple of weeks since she was ten years younger.

The cowboy was there to enable June's character arc. He is more expendable than her once he served his purpose.

The leftovers from previous seasons (Alicia, Strand, Luciana) were relegated to background characters. Luciana was even bordering on being an extra, if not for the small polar bear subplot. I guess the reason they are still alive is because the showrunners didn't want to kill too many of them at the same time. I can totally see a couple of them (maybe all of them) bite the dust next season.

The only ones i see as safe are Morgan, Althea and June. They pretty much have been the focus of the season, along with the kid.

As for the truckers, it would be better if they live long enough to be fleshed out.

Aolain

Aolain

Roamer

• Members
@ naossano:

Lucian! I knew I forgot someone. To me she is a tertiary character and can be disposed of.

You might be right about John, but he is such a popular character that I imagine there would be blow back if they knock him off.

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

I like all of the characters except the truckers and even they were growing on me a bit as they got toned down.  I am fine with no deaths.  Anyone who has survived a couple of years in the ZA is pretty skilled and savvy, as we saw in TWD.  

It seems to me that Morgan, Alicia, Al, John and Victor are pretty safe.  Maybe June too, unless they want to cause John pain.  

I like Luciana but wonder why she's even there.  I also like Charlie and IMO every hero group should have a kid or two but there is that growing up thing.  That didn't bother me with Carl, nor would it with Charlie.  

I don't care, at this point, if Sarah and Wendell make it or not.

It's a curiously middle-aged cast, which is fine with me but is also a bit surprising.  

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

@ naossano:

Lucian! I knew I forgot someone. To me she is a tertiary character and can be disposed of.

You might be right about John, but he is such a popular character that I imagine there would be blow back if they knock him off.

John is one of my favorite characters of the season and i love the actor (he was amazing in the Terminator tv show).

But the thing is, his whole arc was done between the unsseen past and his flashback episode. He is pretty straightforward since them, by personality and goals.

He is useful as the nice guy who didn't nothing wrong so people don't tell him to get lost, and who had some issues in the past, so he can get people to talk to him and tell him their problem. It worked with June and Morgan and almost did with Charlie and Althea.

But the story focus on characters that have issues or conflicted goals, so we can see them struggles with them. And John is the opposite. He knows what he wants and is pretty straightforward in getting it.

Beside, if he bites it, that will further other characters development.

Of course, that is if he keeps the supportive role that we know of him. The showrunners could still try to make him change.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!