Fear The Walking Dead Episode 416 ~ ... I Lose Myself ~ Review

...I Lose Myself

episode 416 (15 )

I Lose Myself

1. Excellent ~ What I like about the show (1 [6.67%] - )

6.67%

2. Good ~ Enjoyed it, but would have like some things done different (4 [26.67%] - )

26.67%

3. Fair ~ It was ok (6 [40.00%] - )

40.00%

4. Poor ~ I was disappointed (4 [26.67%] - )

26.67%

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators

Aolain

Aolain

Roamer

• Members
1) I am sick to death of Morgan & his I do not kill mantra.
2) if people would have just killed the crazy lady, lots of trouble could have been avoided.
3) This entire season has been frustrating.
4) I want Morgan dead...who is with me!!!!
5) I admit the new core group might be interesting next season.
6) Die, Morgan, DIE!
7) Thank goodness the crazy lady is finally dead.
8) We are clearly set up for the next season.

xpoc454

xpoc454

Infected

• Members

Yes this season was frustrating.  The season finale was a boring death to a crazy lady that no one liked.

Plus they took the entire season to decide they weren't going to Alexandria.  Not much of a surprise there.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

I loved the season overall, but this was one of the worst season Finale i've ever seen.

Those there is like 10 to 15 people that didn't know each other at the beginning of the season, had conflict with each others, killed each other relatives. Those people manage to work with each other with the goal of surviving. That is a bit stretchy, but it can works.

But now, at the very last second, they ALL decide to stop trying to find a safe place, and instead focus in helping the helpless. Those helpless being non-existant so far as crazy lady killed them all. No matter how selfish or greedy those people were, the 10-15 of them suddenly all agree with the same not making any sense plan, all because they had fun drinking conveniently found Jim's magic beer ?

That one hell of an huge pile of convenience trash. Even more than Battlestar Gallactica ending...

Beside, if i remember well, crazy lady wound was healed by Alicia and she dies from it. Morgan's wound wasn't healed, and he is able to walk to the others and even jump while fighting walkers on the way there.

gilbert

gilbert

Infected

• Members

I thought the finale was pretty good, BUT I was doing something else while watching it, so I wasn't totally watching it.  I'm with others, I would have taken out crazy lady the first time she shot at me.  The part when crazy lady was in back of the police car, and Morgan opens up the seat window to hand her medication, really?  She has been totally loony toons all season, killed people, tried to kill the group and he sticks his arm through the window? open it, throw it back there, close the window - better yet run out of gas and keep her locked in!

The group was sick from water laced with anti freeze?  I know it can taste sweet, but really? They didn't drink enough to kill them, it takes days of drinking it in everything to kill them - and anti freeze isn't clear so all the water would have been tinged with green, blue or pink.  

I have to keep telling my self, this is just entertainment....

Now the group is going to live in a water treatment plant and help others - well what is good from that is that a lot of new characters will come to the show and save it

xpoc454

xpoc454

Infected

• Members

Id have to agree. He has a jagged piece of metal stuck in his leg to the bone it appeared. 

A little time later after walking half way across state he can do jumping attacks on walkers?

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationChicago area

I thought it was Fair. I was very disappointed in it for the most part, but Poor doesn't quite equal that...so Fair.

I would like to have seen much more of Al's escape than we saw. She's resourceful and powerful as a character and was short changed in this.

Her encounter with voodoo trucker strong Lady didn't work for me. I just really struggle with the idea that Jimbo was more or less whole after jumping from the building. Granted, I can accept a six story drop onto a vehicle roof may not shatter all your bones (or even kill you), but to not have any walker being able to reach his body until he turned...AFTER they all cleared out is pushing my envelope of believe ability. I can accept too that Al may not have the training and knowledge about distance from opponents when using a gun, but she still let Voodoo Trucker Strong Lady stay WAY too close after the her-and-walker-Jim reveal. I can accept she wouldn't just shoot first since it attracts more walkers, but letting a known hostile get and stay that close while the perimeter around you is tightening isn't a good idea either. Step back to create space, and put down Jim (and Voodoo Trucker Strong Lady) if you can't, then get clear of the noise zone. I didn't feel the tension I should have in this scene either. So it didn't play well with me.

The antifreeze gimmick was a good tie up to the water poisoning build up of the season. I am a little surprised that no one noticed that the caps were all safety seal broken on all the SEALED pallets of water they were drinking from though. Again...it's a diverse enough group that someone should have at least noted it.

Morgan, on the other hand, is starting to suffer from an over characterization of savior syndrome. Don't want keep heading to Alexandria because crazy Lady put a bug in your head, fine. But you aren't Captain Picard, you don't need to sell us with an exceptional monologue. The smiles all around thing at the end is a little hokey, as is the Mad Max style vehicles they end the episode with. Please, keep it simple and keep it human next season.

Antifreeze drinking, depending on volume consumed, could go or not go with what we saw. It's alright again, but not spectacular. Also, it's really not the best solution to the problem, laying around and getting drunk until it all pees out. There is more to the body being effected than just that. Will we see kidney damage? Other medical issues resulting from this or does it just mysteriously appear ready fixed? It also bothered me that after Al shot up our horde and the truck was leaking (yeah- check the shipping papers too next time, just to be safe) no one crawled over to the leaks and stuck the container under one of them? He has, like, a five gallon or less container. It should have been worth the physical expense to try. The truck was conveniently light on that stuff too (it takes a LOOOONG time to drain a leaking tanker with holes that size), but again I can accept that the tanker was light.

I'm accepting a lot for this show, aren't I?

Voodoo Trucker Strong Lady buys it, which is good. She was a second rate villain for this series, surviving more or less because her opponents are rank amateurs with poor memory retention. Everything she did with Morgan was predictable and silly. I didn't accept her walking in the distance after being separated from her own arm. Arms don't really detach that easily or well, it didn't get chewed off...so it was a convenient way to have her walking when Morgan finishes her off instead of handcuffed to the squad, like she was when he left, but turned...or to have them return to walkers eating her remains a la Lori, and us either not knowing if she's gone 100% or us and Morgan grasping that, dying or not, he tied her up helplessly to be consumed. Either of those options beat the unscrew the arm and go for a walk ending to me though.

Look, this is a strong series concept with an amazing and gifted cast playing great characters. Give them more to do. I do want to see them ALL back next season. It's not the characters now, it's the storyline and writing. Get that right next season. Write with a purpose and let your characters and actors own the scripts and that world.

Just my humble .02.

"Step it up to Red Alert!"
"Are you absolutely sure, Sir? It does require changing the lightbulb."

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

4) I want Morgan dead...who is with me!!!!

6) Die, Morgan, DIE!

Well, I certainly don’t want Morgan to die.   Morgan is one of my favourite characters in the TWD universe.  Annoying as his “I don’t kill” mantra can be, fundamentally he’s right IMO.  But some people are just too dangerous to leave alive in the circumstances of the ZA.   I still think that Morgan's refusal to kill anyone is to keep himself from killing everyone.  We saw, when he almost strangled Martha, that crazy Morgan is not so far beneath the surface.

I thought this episode was OK but pretty bland for a season finale.  Not very well written or exciting but well acted.  However the number of awkward plot devices in this and the last handful of episodes was ridiculous.  I am usually OK with that sort of thing but there are limits.

I was glad to see Martha go.  The actress was great but that whole murderous villain arc didn’t really work for me.   It was fun that as a middle-aged plump lady she didn’t look like a stereotypical villain but in the end she was really just another psycho.  Once Martha was outed, it was only the element of surprise, the carelessness of every other major and minor character and the SWAT van that gave her the upper hand for a little while. 

I thought that the antifreeze was in the water they used to make coffee, because Sarah remarked that there was too much sweetener in it.  Did Charley drink coffee?  As for the effects of antifreeze and beer as a cure, it seemed too easy but I know nothing about it. 

I was happy with the old Fear though I was one who complained from the beginning that the characters were unlikable.   But AMC and/or the producers evidently decided that this series wasn’t working and opted for a completer reboot.  It’s more of a spin-off than a reboot, with only two of the original characters and a peripheral one mixed with Morgan and six new people.  I did note that there are more women than men in the main cast, which is probably a first in this type of show. 

The first half of the season tore the series apart and it took the entire second half of the season to set it up to move forward in S5.  There is a new Team Family and Fear is to be about helping people. Every one of these characters seems to have stuff they want to atone for, except maybe Sarah and Wendell (who certainly also have things to make up for but don’t seem to care). 

I never thought the group would actually go to Alexandria so that story element was a bust for me. The makers have a production set up in Austin, there are already too many characters on TWD and the timelines will no longer match up.  And why go to all the trouble of rebooting Fear only to have it folded into TWD,

I hope that now that all the upheaval is over, S6 will be better.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

It also bothered me that after Al shot up our horde and the truck was leaking (yeah- check the shipping papers too next time, just to be safe) no one crawled over to the leaks and stuck the container under one of them? He has, like, a five gallon or less container. It should have been worth the physical expense to try. The truck was conveniently light on that stuff too (it takes a LOOOONG time to drain a leaking tanker with holes that size), but again I can accept that the tanker was light.

Another case of the direction utterly failing to convey what the story intended. While the tank was leaking, i was smiling and saying to myself *Well done. Nobody died and they no longer have to struggle to open the tap*. Then i saw them in the room and and i was *i guess it takes time to take effect* They had to say it out loud for me to understand that they failed to extract the ethanol...

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa
Finally watched it. As had been the case, rushed writing and more terrible villain block the show from being good. Antifreeze can kill with a small amount, and sickness does progress that way. Not sure what beer can do, but absolutely sure that they would have drank from the pouring truck anyway so they didn't need beer.

The cast is strong, although rushed together and too comfortable together at this point. Next year, if they are satisfied and don't try another reboot (bad idea anyway) it should be better than ever. Season 3 was still the best by far. Session 5 should beat that since it will have better characters.

cornjob

cornjob

Lurker

• Members

I finally got around to the episodes which had been sitting on my DVR.  

The crazy lady as villain didn't work very well for me.  There were times I thought maybe she'd known Morgan from before (more than just the mistaken CB call) because of how she talked to him. But I think that wasn't really the case. Her whole motivation and technique never clicked as a real person, even a crazy real person. But I am glad they showed Morgan going back to kill the zombie version of her, rather than letting the specter of a return next season hang out there.

- Where did the other half of her arm go? Her forearm was handcuffed to the door, and her arm was missing at the shoulder when she was walking. 

- I live in Texas.  It would be pretty easy to hide from someone if you wanted to. I think if they drove off and left her, it would have been extremely easy to never see her again if they weren't stupid about their walkie talkie information.

- There is no hope in hell of getting all those ingredients for the beer recipe, when there is no more international commerce. 

- The truck network leaving boxes...where are all the supplies coming from?  Even if they had a big stash in that warehouse, its not limitless and those things run out quickly. Its a nice sentiment of this 'helpers' network, but there would need to be an actual production of things like bottled water, etc, for it to be somewhat believable. Otherwise the group is signing up for a distribution network with a rapid expiration date. But I do like the idea of them trying to create a new community. 

The most plausible to me is a community with protected land that can farm, raise some animals and fish. The endless wandering/scavenging would become less and less tenable as time went along, and the show doesn't really portray it that way. Their number one challenge would be to find food, but in the show its often just an afterthought (unless its a plot device to show Madison's community failing.)

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!