Carl Vs Clementine Vs Enid Vs Charlie

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Rague

Rague

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 105 posts

Which of the Walking Dead kids have you been the most invested in, in order from Most to Least?

Edited by Rague, 02 September 2018 - 03:14 AM.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationOttawa

I had to look up Clementine, so I guess not her.

My son played that game, and I suppose had I played she'd be my number one. As it stands, she's easily last.

So my ranking:

1. Carl. He's been central to much of the story so I guess he's on top.
2. Charlie. I really love how their building her arc. She's fulfilling much of the potential Enid could have had.
3. Enid. I think she had a lot of potential that was poorly used. I wish they'd done more with her early on, because now she's essentially finished her initial arc largely off screen.

I get why Lizzy isn't here, but I do want to give her a shout out. By relative skill according to age I put her with the kid who plays Charlie. They're doing great work.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • 1,287 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

1) Clementine

2) Lizzy/Mika

3) Comic Carl 

4) Charlie

5) Show Carl

6) Comic Billy/Ben

7) Enid 

cornjob

cornjob

Lurker

• Members
  • 249 posts

I don't remember who Clementine is. Can someone clarify the controversy there?  (Was that the Governor's daughter maybe?)

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,320 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

clem is the protag of the tell tale game. she is the best

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members
  • 426 posts

I hope she isn't given a free pass for what she did and that they don't trust her easily, but i would go for Charlie... So far.

Enid is a bit a flat character, while Carl is a bit inconsistent. The showrunners occasionnally tried to make us believe he would go dark like his comics counterpart, and they constantly went back, not willing to commit to it, and not always bothering to justify how he would go back and forth. Ultimately, the character lack consistance to allow to put ourselves in his shoes, despite being involved in a lot of plots. Beside, his death episode was ultimately the showrunners talking through his mouth about where they wanted to go with their themes, instead of well... being a teenager that didn't want to die, and a character that wanted to do something with his life. Ultimately, we feel a bit for Rick, but not so much for Coral. Beside, the guy grew up ten years and the show apparently forgot to add those years in the show timeline. So Coral presence was a constant threat to suspension of disbelief.

Beside Enid, Carl and Charlie, (unless i am forgetting someone), all children characters were devices to further adult moral dilemma. Lizzie was a device for Carol and Tyreese, the Alexandria kid was for Carol, the Kingdom kid is for Ezekiel, Carol and Morgan, his elder brother was for Morgan and Richard etc... They were devices for others, but had little development of their own.

Charlie has to deal with thing she directly did, and has to be proactive in making amends. She isn't just there for the adults to be forgiven or offered flowers to look. But they better have long enough ellipses between season so the fact she grows up keep making sense. (if she makes that far)

Edited by naossano, 10 September 2018 - 12:00 AM.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationOttawa
Charlie is the best character, but I answered Carl because his character drove more story for longer. But I agree that Charlie is the best character, and the arc she's on is a great one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!