Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
  • 9,856 posts

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
  • 9,856 posts

Weird. I got Z Nation vibes from this trailer. It looks like they even copied the tornado like in Z Nation and it appears like they are going with a more humorous angle. 

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationOttawa

I like it. Z Nation is terrible so I hope it doesn't go that way.

I won't quibble over what was lost.

The FTWD that I stayed with- that finally became a decent show in season three- that's gone. The stories I followed are gone. They spent half a season removing what they felt wasn't working (or what wanted out) and added what everyone said was missing (people we might actually like).

They pushed those people together and they have enough conflict and enough differences in perspective to keep the human drama lively. They have the acting chops and the character depth to allow compelling stories should the writers be allowed to.

The visuals have been better than TWD for some time, and it still looks good.

If there is humor, I hope it remains natural. Humor is part of life, I'd like some humor. But not comedy- and I think it will remain a drama. It's just a very light trailer to make the changes feel 'welcome'.

More characters on the horizon that also look like they'll breathe even more character into the show.

I am very optimistic.

I already forgave them for the reboot. I guess they are trying hard to find a formula that will work. I like this one. I don't like reboots. Reboots are for people who left or for shows that died. This show was alive and I was watching, so I understand why people hate this season. But hopefully all the contrivances of the first half are over. They have their chosen cast in hand and their 'new show' to sell.

Looking at it like a new show, it looks better than FTWD.

In truth, I see this as the third spinoff.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • 2,541 posts
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Well I prefer this trailer to the  the TWD trailer.  They kind of made a mess out of   Fear in the first half of the season. Here's hoping that the second half will be better. 

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!