179 Review

- - - - - Issue 179 Review Commonwealth

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Good issue. I liked it a lot better than 178. What are y’all thoughts?

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Excited for next issue

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

decent but kinda slow

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators
I liked it, but the cover was overkill. I don't care for the perpetuating of upper class superiority though. I do like that Michonne stayed with her daughter. I'm wondering if she'll get bumped up because of her mother.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

yeah the whole class system is messed. i wonder if michonne is really done, but i do like that shes with elodie. the second she gave her sword to euge, i was like shit, she's dead. half of me wants her to take down their system but the other half doesn't because i think she could get killed for it. i just hope she doesnt sell out and die.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Michonne trying to put the class thing into perspective didn't help. Everyone trades and stuff equally. As for the housing I'd rather have the trailer than a big place that holds 30-50 people but one or two bathrooms.

People are looked down on the rich get their way. It's the way the world works now. The reason no class system works currently with asz and the others is they are all separate but working at the same goal.

Anyways. Why do all new people or groups habe to be bad? It's annoying.

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Anyways. Why do all new people or groups habe to be bad? It's annoying.

I don’t think all new groups have to be bad. We just interpret them as that because we’re always looking at them via Rick and Co., so groups like Commonwealth seems bad because they’re way of living in the apocalypse goes against or doesn’t correlate with Rick’s communities, but if we went through Elodie’s perspective or even a completely new person who’s lived from the beginning, they might seem like the good guys or we’d understand them better. Of the last 6 new people/groups Rick’s encountered has been Commonwealth, Whisperers, Magna’s Group, Oceanside, Kingdom, and Saviors. Only half of them have been bad.

Good:

-Magna’s Group

-Oceanside

-Kingdom

Bad:

-Commonwealth (seems like they are)

-Whisperers

-Saviors (who are now more or less “good”)

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Stopped reading when they started arguing about 'have and have nots.'  It's  wonderful material for a political science text, but I thought that I was reading survival horror. No thanks. 

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I don’t think all new groups have to be bad. We just interpret them as that because we’re always looking at them via Rick and Co., so groups like Commonwealth seems bad because they’re way of living in the apocalypse goes against or doesn’t correlate with Rick’s communities, but if we went through Elodie’s perspective or even a completely new person who’s lived from the beginning, they might seem like the good guys or we’d understand them better. Of the last 6 new people/groups Rick’s encountered has been Commonwealth, Whisperers, Magna’s Group, Oceanside, Kingdom, and Saviors. Only half of them have been bad.

Good:
-Magna’s Group
-Oceanside
-Kingdom

Bad:
-Commonwealth (seems like they are)
-Whisperers
-Saviors (who are now more or less “good”)

What feels like 80 percent of the time. New people we meet are bad.

Still have Woodbury and the hunters and other small groups of bad that Rick and co. Has encountered.

Have they met some good? Yes. However, common wealth is obviously one of those things where you get looked down on.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Stopped reading when they started arguing about 'have and have nots.' It's wonderful material for a political science text, but I thought that I was reading survival horror. No thanks.

Hate to say it but small politics have to come in now and then. This is where Rick and co start a new war.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Maybe I'm just hoping for not another big bad, but so far I'm not convinced the commonwealth is bad. The son is a dick, but that doesn't make the community bad. Mr .T. seems like a good guy. I don't think that it is sustainable to be bad without your head of security in on it. And merely having socioeconomic classes, even if it is forced based on what you did prior, also doesn't make you "bad".

I think it's more likely that conflict will arise because something will happen while she is gone because she left her bratty son in charge.

dessmr

dessmr

Infected

• Members

I've always wanted this series to eventually turn into "world war Z", the book. Sadly, nowadays Politics is built-in into everything by default. It'd be interesting if Kirkman can make one last victory trying to reasonably depict a postapocaliptic Anarcho-sindicalist community through Rick's group. But he seems one of those who think that Politics and politicians are a necesary evil. And also maybe use another term instead of "anarchy", since everyone thinks of it as chaos and edgy teens.

Still, I'm hopeful for a new storyline that doesn't turn into Woodbury - what is it now - 7.0? 8.0?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!