Photo

The Walking Dead - Season 8, Episode 15 - Worth - Review

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: What did you think of this episode? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

What did you think of this episode?

1. Excellent - Just what I love about this show (5 votes [15.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

2. Good - Really liked it but wanted a few things done differently (13 votes [39.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

3. Fair - Not what I expected (15 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

4. Poor - I was ready to gouge my eyes out (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • 3,939 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

nrg8

nrg8

Infected

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationManitoba Canada
Interesting turn of events. Now lets see the cliffhanger....

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members
  • 385 posts

We know where they were heading with Simon and Dwight, but i still found it interesting.

Also, the bits about Eugene and Gregory ensure a rewatch. I liked how the latter bluffed having balls to stay alive.

Edited by naossano, 09 April 2018 - 05:52 AM.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • 2,525 posts
  • LocationThe Prydwen

I rated good. It does seem that they are moving toward sparing Negan's life. If that is the case, then to me it  is a reminder to me about why the show needs to end. 

It's as if the show has been locked into a pattern of: 

A. Introduce arch-villain

B. Kill arch- villain. 

It's getting repetitive and they know it, so to avoid being repetitive, this time they are doing something different by letting the bad guy live. 

It's a mistake though, to show the audience how truly despicable Negan is and then letting him live.  

In a previous episode, Nick told Rick that his people will live if they are willing to be his vassals, and this time he will only take 25 percent. 

Because Rick has rejected this deal, Negan has said that they will now be wiped out. So Negan's attitude is 'be my vassal or die.' He's truly despicable human being, and there is no reason to let him live.

That is more of a prediction though-  I honestly don't know for certain that Negan will survive. But they sure do seem to be signaling this as their intent. 

Edited by Deadpelican, 09 April 2018 - 06:30 AM.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Shape430

Shape430

Infected

• Members
  • 37 posts
Voted fair. Better then last weeks but still not great.

Eugenes escape was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. How the heck did he bury himself so quickly in all that soot? Rosita and Daryl were on his ass seconds after he ran. :\

As for the rest of the episode it was meh. We all knew it was gonna happen but I was sad to see Simon go, he was a much better Negan then Negan. Also I was disappointed how easily Negan beat him in a fight.

But if they seriously spare Negan I'm legit done with this show. I loved the show until season 7.Heck I even liked the first half of 7, but it's really just kept getting worse since then.

Negan should not be spared, period. Hes not redeemable in any way and the fact that they are trying so hard to make him seem redeemable shows how bad this show has gotten.

Edited by Shape430, 09 April 2018 - 07:40 AM.

Partyof5

Partyof5

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 126 posts

Looks like I'm in this until at least the season finale.  I was going to skip this episode, but wanted to be caught up for the finale. 

Voted fair.  Some good scenes, and some cringe-inducing ones as well.

The good:

- Negan vs Simon.  Too bad it had to end with the death of a really good villain.

- Daryl and Rosita abducting Eugene.

- Negan using Dwight to set up Rick's (isn't it more Maggie's group at this point) group.

The bad:

- Simon holding his secret meeting outside in the open while basically yelling his plans to turn on Negan. 

- Eugene escaping by somehow being able to bury himself in human ash withing seconds....with his hands tied.

- Oceanside and Aaron.  He could have made that speech when they first arrived.  How is hanging around in the woods nearby and looking pathetic going to get them to change their mind?

- Negan killing Simon for being a traitor, but keeping Dwight alive, even after using him for the setup.

- Characters going in circles again.  This time Gabriel is back to feeling like old Gabriel from his church.  Now Negan goes from people as resources to "kill 'em all".  So Negan kills Simon and now takes on Simon's characteristics all of a sudden?  

- More softening of Negan's character by making Simon the one responsible for the Oceanside massacre.  

- Still way too many sub-plots that go nowhere or are done to achieve something that could have been done in 10 seconds some other way.  This time it's Aaron at Oceanside and Eugene being abducted only to end up right back at the bullet factory later that same day.  

I realized I've reached a point where I don't even care who dies on this show anymore.  Rick can die for his actions last episode.  Most characters have flip-flopped so much I don't even know what their real character is.  I can't think of a single one that I'd be really upset to see go.  Carl was the hope for the future. Not Henry, not Judith, not Enid.  Carl.  With him gone and the rest going  in circles this show has no compass.   

Edited by Partyof5, 09 April 2018 - 12:22 PM.

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members
  • 478 posts

Fair episode...like most of what we get these days. 

I liked the the scenes with Eugene, Rosita and Daryl. The burying himself in the ashes shows how much more intelligent he is than those two...but the editing here could've used a little work to make it seem like that stuff wasn't right behind the fence and he had actually been getting a little further ahead while they dealt with the walkers. Anticipating him to choose Ricks side here and have manufactured the bullets to where they won't work when the time comes.

Simon was entertaining as always. He's been the one consistently enjoyable parts of this show since his introduction. Hate to see him go. He always seemed more Negan than Negan to me.

The Aaron/oceanside stuff was kind of annoying. When the walker was disciplined enough to know it was supposed to grab onto the stick while being held off from a bite made me shake my head as well as how the slightest tap to the face or head seems to dispose of them now.

Edited by Jgreenwood, 09 April 2018 - 01:15 PM.

Aolain

Aolain

Roamer

• Members
  • 482 posts

I voted good. I just do not get all the Arron & Oceanside stuff. I suppose they will show up next time at the finale.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members
  • 385 posts
I really do hope eugene remains loyal to Negan. That makes the things more interesting imo. Almost all his lieutenants switched.

A minor grip, but aren't they supposed to make bullets in that factory ? Morec a directing issue than a writting issue, but every time we see the factory, nobody works.

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationOhio, US

gave it a fair.

It's difficult for me to be objective because I've lost faith in so many of the characters I rooted for. 

Rick lost me last episode.  I'll always love Michonne. (But a good part of that may just be my girl crush on Danai.) I don't think she can bring Rick back this time. Go on and kill him off for all I care. 

Eugene keeps clawing his way into my good graces then disappointing me.  Rosita and Daryl both should have killed him when they were threatening to. His brain isn't all that valuable. Especially now that Maggie has the great book of medieval technology. (which I don't suppose Daryl and Rosita know about, so fair enough.)

Negan's lost his humor and charm.

I still love Carol and Ezekiel and mildly care about Aaron and Enid and Maggie.  

Finale is probably going to be it for me.  I'd love for them to change my mind, though?  

Edited by limaro, 09 April 2018 - 04:17 PM.

“That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.”
― Stephen King, The Stand

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

I liked it. I honestly thought Simon would live and attempt to take over the Saviors thus allowing Negan to join with Rick in stopping a new, even more dangerous threat. I was wrong although the bare knuckle fight between Simon and Negan was fitting. I didn't expect that out of Eugene, looks like he's made his choice. And Dwight at the end, I kind of figured that's who Negan picked up. I'm surprised they didn't just kill Dwight.

I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

jaco

jaco

Roamer

• Members
  • 500 posts

Better than the last few, but most of this season has felt like just one giant filler episode.

Bug

Bug

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Moderators
  • 6,165 posts
Despite the fight between Negan and Simon, I wasn't thrilled with this episode. Once again the writers have wasted opportunities to tell a good story.

Carl's letters are trite sentimentality and have done nothing to make me want to save Negan. The attempt to play on emotion is silly at this point since they have neglected making me care like I used to about the people. The radical personality changes don't make sense. Playing Rick true to character and keeping Carl alive would have.

I agree that this season has felt as though it is mostly filler. The positive is that this episode was better than last week.

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • 692 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Voted excellent (-).  By old standards this would have been a 'good' episode, but my expectations have been somewhat lowered of late.

This was probably my favourite episode of the later half of the season.  I am glad Simon finally got his dues (even though I loved watching his character).  Negan is cunning and I guessed he was onto Dwight, setting him up to leak fake intel to Rick and Co.  Next week should be an interesting showdown between the two sides.  I guess Dwight will live to see next season - mostly because Sherry is probably still out there somewhere and they need some kind of reunion/closure.  His relationship with Daryl is also an ongoing story line for him to stick around.

Eugene is really interesting.  I always thought he was still Team Rick but time and again he has proven otherwise.  I don't like his chances for redemption when the Saviours lose the war next week.  

The only 'boring' bits of the episode were Gabriel and Aaron.  Neither of them or their stories interest me in the slightest at the moment. Hopefully the finale will be awesome, but I won't hold my breath.

Alessia2

Alessia2

Lurker

• Members
  • 266 posts

I had to think a bit, but voted fair instead of good this time. I didn´t really like this episode and it sort of let me down in many ways.

For the plot, we got something new to happen, yes, but it wasn´t that nice what happened. I knew what to expect though, but still... It is the basic plotline that everything must go worse before the end, so there is excitement how it´ll end and the (possible) happy end feels happier that way. But I don´t like things going bad. I just hope it won´t end miserable like in the 6th season ending. I want so much the story to get sort of happy end that makes us wait happily what is up next. I liked the ending of season 7 because there was hope in the air, even still Sasha (one of my favourite girls) was lost to death. I hope this time there wouldn´t be too many deaths. It is a difficult thing to balance for the production´s side; if they kill only secondary characters, people feel bored and complain it´s not exciting enough and the big ones are "too safe". Still though, if they kill someone important and loved one, that is even worse. There are so few left I don´t want to lose any more of those few we care for.

Thinking of this episode, it´s hard to say what I actually liked... Maybe the letters, even though I think Michonne was just making Negan angrier with reading the letter. I liked maybe Dwight best in this episode... Aaron´s lone and desperate try-out was feeling quite lame to me, and even still Eugene parts were a bit more interesting, the kidnap-tryout of Daryl and Rosita (I hate him to go out with Rosita, which is my least favourite girl in the series! She is bad influence for Daryl at the moment...) felt quite useless too, as they didn´t even make it and only got in unnecessary risk.

I wonder if Eugene makes Gabriel to pick all the bad bullets to use them against Saviors to save Rick & others, or will Gabriel do it himself even still Eugene wishes them to die. After how Daryl and Rosita (which he had some sort of crush before) talked to him, I´d see it rather he would feel them as enemies than friends in trouble he´d want to save. But yes, Eugene is smart and he was quite clever to improvise his escape. No idea how he get under the ash so quickly but well done anyways.

The communication between Gregory and Simon was quite funny, and I enjoyed to see how Gregory once again tried hard to take his place. I was surprised though that he actually delivered the Dwight´s message to Rick! Too bad it was a trap. Also I enjoyed that Simon finally got what he deserved, though it was sad how Dwight betrayed him. I thought Negan would have only just strangled him (as I saw the pic beforehand) so it was sort of a nice surprise that he was giving Simon sort of a fair fight one on one. I don´t like fighting so I fast forwarded on it but still felt sort of happy it went that way. And a bit of change, not everyone being Lucilled. I think Negan chosed this way because now Simon had time to realise he was going to lose. Negan being so nasty person, it was something he enjoyed to watch. Like giving a "chance" that he actually really didn´t have. But well, he looked like a happy walker on the fence.

What I am now more sure than ever is that Negan just must be dead. It is a horrible mistake to let him live, even as a prisoner, because this episode just pointed that out, he can not be trusted. Not at all! I have to say I didn´t like the idea before either, but could see the possibility for him to be spared. Now I actually can´t, as it is stated so sharply in this episode that he indeed enjoys killing, is determined to get revenge and kill everyone he wishes to, without any actual reason more than that he wants that. I will not stop watching (unless they kill both Carol and Daryl ;) ) but I will not be happily accepting that if they spare Negan for any reason that doesn´t include something very big change truly happening deep in his heart. And I don´t believe that will happen... After all that he said to Michonne, the delusional dreams of some dead Carl is not valid to save him.

I so much hope this all has been just a big fooling for us, to let us think they´d follow the comic, and in the last moment before the season ending killing Negan in some glorious way and surprising us all! :D Not believing that would happen, but oh how I wish for it! ;)

And just for fun...

My wishes for the finale (no spoilers, let me say I wish seeing spoilers like this!):
* Super happy ending after letting us worry for them the first part of the episode.. Please please please, I wish an ending that would make me jump up and down and squeek of joy. :)
* Daryl and Carol finally having a good talk and oh please even some kind of kiss! (Not on forehead.)
* If not that, then something romantic between Carol and Ezekiel, but still something sweet and forever friends by heart -moment between her and Daryl!
* Cute scenes of Judith, possibly along with baby Gracie (doubled cuteness! :) )
* A friendly moment or at least some smiles changed between Maggie and the cute Alden Savior to show she now trusts him.
* Jerry smiling happily and staying alive to the new season.
* Rick saying Maggie: "You can be the leader now on, you do it much better than I."
* Tara and the Oceanside Cyndie finding comfort from each others. I accept also Jesus & Aaron with similar situation.
* Michonne saving the day with her sword (accept happily her using it to Negan).
* Any cute scene of Jesus, maybe encouraging Maggie in her leadership.
* Maggie showing up a baby bump, finally! Siddiq knowing how to use the ultrasound machine.
* Morgan becoming in his senses again and having a friendly moment with Rick before leaving wherever he´ll leave. Not dying for sure!
* Daryl smiling worryless and looking like he can let go for his revengeous feelings. Telling the babies he´ll make the world better for them. Kissing Carol. Still looking cool and maybe fixing his bike without shirt. ;) Girl can always hope, right?
* Jadis making a cool move and saving the day.
* Gabriel finding peace and trusting his faith again.
* Eugene making something nice to happen and getting back to Rick´s group.
* Dwight finding Sherry and living happy ever after with her.
* Everyone using the guidebook hints and starting to make Hilltop upgraded and maybe starting to rebuild Alexandria. Extra points for the show, if the solar panels aren´t all broken, after all. :)
* If someone needs to die, please rather it to be someone I don´t like that much. ;)

I´d just love such an episode. I´d even accept it for the whole show finale, really! Not too hopeful though... LOL.

What I believe and am afraid will happen and will not be happy for that (still no spoilers, just my guess):
* Everyone getting betrayed, trapped and scared to death by Negan.
* Everyone failing whatever they planned to do. :(
* Everyone looking worried, being worried and possibly crying.
* Someone too important dying and making us all think "why again".
* Cruel fight scenes and poor people feeling hurt. Potentially useful side characters being killed along.
* After everything bad said and done, sparing Negan for some stupid reason.
* Ending with a sad cliffhanger.
* No cute scenes at all or too few.

Maybe the truth is somewhere in between these options. I don´t know too many spoilers for it yet and can only hope it would be done in enjoyable way and would make us really feel for the characters enough to be interested to see how the story goes on. 

Edit... Have to add a thing that made me laugh in the newest episode. :) Negan walking down the stairs to Dwight was looking so funny - being tied in the plank by Jadis totally made his back straight! He looked straight like a stick! :D Hilarious.

Edited by Alessia2, 09 April 2018 - 10:25 PM.

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationChicago area

I voted Good this time, almost Fair, but Good.

Negan crossed the line and upped it for me. He came back with a plan and got EVERYONE at once by playing them all at the same time. By getting Simon out with all his sympathizers he wiped out ALL opposition and rebellion at once. He let Dwight play his hand and trick everyone at once before letting him know how he got played. Dwight will be pegged a Hilltop traitor if he lives long enough to be killed by them. Gregory, the messenger, was played into being a traitor and will be killed for it, while all he was doing was being a weasel. Negan made a master move and really took charge like a master villain. I LIKE it! We had a bunch of questions answered and threads tied up.

He is committed to wiping out Hilltop now, because as much an asset as people are, rebels aren't. Simon pushed them past the point of believing they can survive through compliance, and they are now a threat to everyone. Of course, smashing the radio after Carl's letter is read to him punctuates the point. It also serves to give Michonne a story to tell Rick to get him to act on the map, believing he has to in order to live. Brilliant.

Another transformation for Eugene. Not the fake puke during walker attack and escape thing, but the look on his face after both Darryl and Rosita let him know the score. He's done the math, Negan is his friend, these are his enemies. He is Negan, you can see it on his face now- especially when walking right after Rosita shouted at him. Negan showed respect, made him an outpost boss, treated him like as human as Negan treats anyone. Negan has his loyalty.

Why it didn't do better though...a few gripes.

Aaron B plot...must be leading to the finale somehow, because it really broke up the pace of the episode to show his scenes. A good tag early on that Simon killed the Oceanside men pre-Negan though.

Jadis having a quick undefined moment during a voiceover, it kinda just was there. Did close off or add to last week.

And the feel and the pacing of the episode lacked the real drama and tenseness it should have. It didn't create tension until the Simon/ Negan fight (maybe a little when Simon knelt), and then not too much either. This one could have been a real high strung episode to watch, but it fell short.

And Simon is a wall walker now, not just a warning to future traitors, but a good use of his person as a resource! Negan Irony.

Good-not Fair. I did like watching it.

"Step it up to Red Alert!"
"Are you absolutely sure, Sir? It does require changing the lightbulb."

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members
  • 385 posts
I dont think negan really cares about what happens to gregory. Btw, I love gregory, but it seemed hard not to laugh about him being in simon's inner circle, then not be killed with gerry and the others. Nobody cares enough about him to worry about what he might hear or to waste a bullet on him. He is that much useless. I will be sad when he bites it.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Movie Classics Way

• Moderators
  • 2,385 posts
  • Location30 mins from Hollywood

At this point, I generally take what I can find of interest in an episode.

@Naossano, youre right, with  people "making" bullets, there would be

shell casings, primers, gunpowder, bullets, powder scales, and tools

scattered all around. I have reloaded many times, and that did not look

like a home-based reloading operation, let alone a "bullet factory."

Further, they showed one reloading press mounted to the table, looked like

a Lee Loader or RCBS or similar, single-op press. One pull does one thing.

And its a commercially sold home press. Cheap. Sporting goods stores.

No way Eugene MADE that. So if the great smarty pants   raided a sporting goods

store, why not nick (4) 200 dollar progressive presses? With those, 4 workers

could probably turn out about 3 to 4 thousand rounds.... per DAY.

Now I have a question.... is anyone familiar with the contraption Eugene was holding?

Didn't look familiar to me, but the silver "socket" holds the brass casing, the round disk

looked like a Primer flipper tray, and would probably "feed" them down into the socket,

before loading the case, the handle being squeezed to seat the primer.

Just not a tool I've seen before, maybe something new?

If that's what it was, again, a very SLOW way to produce ammunition,

more designed to do several dozen, not several thousand.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • LocationOttawa

On the whole I didn't mind this episode.

I think it's clear that the Eugene scenes were to give Eugene the drive to turn against Negan. It seems clear to me that he's going to get Gabriel to help him make sure Negan only gets bad bullets. I don't know what his exit strategy is since he's done with Negan after, but I think that's the only reason for a reintroduction to Rosita. To remind him of everything he's lost and make him be the man he told Abe he had become.

I liked the use of Dwight, he plays the role well and being used that way was true to the show.

I thought Negan spared Simon in order to root out the dissenters and that's exactly what happened. It was nonsense they met outside and loudly, of course, but I can forgive that.

Eugene burying himself was ridiculous, especially when running from Daryl who would see the disturbance in the ash. But I can forgive that too. It would have been more believable if Eugene was found by a search party with a vehicle and sped away, because Eugene doesn't beat tracking Daryl any other way, based on in-show truths about Daryl.

Gabriel's review of who he really is was excellent. I do not agree with people who hate the circles our characters go through. That's how many people conquer their demons in real life- Square one leads to two, then three, then four, then back to square one. Then get a little further next time, and maybe only fall back to square two next time.
I understand that it can feel repetitive, but it is actually realistic. It bothers me more when another character repeats that first character's arc.

I hate Carl's letter, which seemed written directly to the fans to force us to accept the inevitability of a spared Negan. I guess Negan's response is intended to make Negan's ultimate surrender more palatable as it contrasts with his current mood.

So what will happen next?

Prediction:
The Hilltop falls into the trap. Negan's team starts having serious issues as their guns malfunction, but they nevertheless have the upper hand. The time that was bought by Eugene's trick, though, allows Oceanside to join the fray and turn the tide.

The questions:
Will Eugene and Gabriel survive their treachery against Negan?
Will Dwight survive whatever comes next?
How does Jadis play into this, or is she done?
Will Siddiq's death be the final reason Rick spares Negan, or was the letter enough?
Why does Rick's speech about needing to be better work with Rosita, Maggie, Daryl, Tara, and the rest?

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

I gave it a fair.

I'm not convinced this is going to be wrapped up next week. I can't fathom how they can drag this out anymore, but this doesn't feel like they are really building up to anything climactic. The ratings will fall through the floor for S9 if it's more of fighting Negan.

Partyof5

Partyof5

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 126 posts

Will Siddiq's death be the final reason Rick spares Negan, or was the letter enough?

Where did you get this from? I thought Siddiq was fine.  He's the meaning behind Carl's death. If he dies, then WTF did Carl die for? 

cornjob

cornjob

Lurker

• Members
  • 241 posts

I gave it a fair.

I'm not convinced this is going to be wrapped up next week. I can't fathom how they can drag this out anymore, but this doesn't feel like they are really building up to anything climactic. The ratings will fall through the floor for S9 if it's more of fighting Negan.

Its going to be like GI Joe vs Cobra. Negan is Cobra Commander. Lots of pew pew pew bullets flying and no one ever gets shot. Opponents forever. 

Partyof5

Partyof5

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 126 posts

What's the over/under on when the Oceanside community get wiped out?  Every community that gets introduced eventually gets mostly wiped clean.  Hopefully the finale does away with the Saviors, but does Oceanside go along with them, or are they allowed to continue into S9 when they get eliminated then? 

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Where did you get this from? I thought Siddiq was fine.  He's the meaning behind Carl's death. If he dies, then WTF did Carl die for?

I got that from generalized mismanagement of the story. The exact wrong thing to do would be to kill him,so I assume he's dead.

Nareen

Nareen

Roamer

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationCanada

I was more bored than anything else in this episode though there were a few bits I liked.  At least it mostly made some sense, unlike earlier eps.

The actual capture of Eugene surprised me, as did his escape.  Eugene really can think on his feet: he saw the approaching walkers in the car window and used the only weapons he had - his fingers and the contents of his stomach - to create a distraction and make his move.  The hiding in the ash thing was silly but didn't bother me.   I'm prejudiced because I like the character and the actor but I suspect that the whole little episode was to bring Eugene and Rosita face to face so she could ream him out and change his mind without knowing it.  I'm one of those who think that, despite his efforts to be a badass Savior, in the end Eugene will turn on Negan. 

Carl's letter was as sappy as I feared as were the silent scenes that went with it - Michonne and Judith, Tara and Gracie, Hilltop in general shining in the sun.  Rick never said what he was going to do when they faced Negan so we won't know if his heart is changed until next week.  I did like Michonne, who has become a pile of mush, trying to reach out to Negan and the hard-ass response she got.  It will be all the more "shocking" if he repents and the Allies spare him.

Simon and Gregory were interesting together, as were Simon's attempts to placate Negan before facing what appeared to imminent death with stoicism.   As predicted, it was Simon who had killed the Oceanside men.  But the whole Negan/Simon fight thing was stupid IMO and kind of boring and predictable.   Anyway, real leaders lead with their minds and personalities, not brawn.  

Dwight was interesting. I wonder why he didn't side with Simon and try to destroy Negan since I thought that was all he wanted.  Negan's plot armour I suppose.   It seemed like Gregory's escape with the map was too easy but I didn't think that everything was a set-up.   I did guess that it was Laura whom Negan picked up so it was only a matter of time for Dwight.  Negan's double-double cross was cool but surprising, given that Negan isn't even that bright.  How many people have fooled him so far?  

I like Aaron but those scenes were nothing - just there to remind us where he is and what he's doing so when Oceanside joins the fight we will be surprised but not shocked.

My hope only now is that if Rick goes soft and decides to be merciful to Negan, Morgan will come up from behind and put his nice pointy stick though Negan's head before taking off for the now much better show, FTWD.

It seems to me that Negan either has to be an integral part of the show like he has been or gone completely.  Jeffrey Dean Morgan is too big (and expensive) an actor to sit in a cell for cameo appearances now and again.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!