Photo

Issue 178 Review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Issue 178 Review (7 member(s) have cast votes)

What did you think?

1. Excellent! (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Good (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

3. Meh (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Bug

Bug

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Moderators
  • 6,569 posts
Just read this issue. I felt Sofia's reaction, then the quick make up to catching Maggie and Donte was too simplistic - especially for such a serious family problem. Now my reaction to Michonne and her daughter I'm enjoying more. I'd rate this issue between a 6-7.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,348 posts
  • LocationOhio

Just read this issue. I felt Sofia's reaction, then the quick make up to catching Maggie and Donte was too simplistic - especially for such a serious family problem. Now my reaction to Michonne and her daughter I'm enjoying more. I'd rate this issue between a 6-7.

Sophia is just afraid of being left out and unloved. Talking to Carl should make her realize maggie deserves to be happy.
It shouldn't be that big of an issue.

The bigger problem is of course with the commonwealth. Is it just the women who are smacked around? Or people on the lower end of the totem pole type of thing? Or does Sebastian get to do what he wants?

We saw the asked everyone what their profession was before the war and only took michonne because she was a lawyer.
Seems like they look down on other people.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members
  • 713 posts

Good issue.

Aside from princess anyway, as usual

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,936 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Late to the review on this one. Thought it was alright, maybe a 6/10. Definitely setting up this Sebastian guy to be a problem. One of our group might mess him up and then it could potentially cause some conflict between Alexandria and the Commonwealth. Though Officer Mercer is his main body guard, its pretty clear he thinks Seabass is a douche and probably would like seeing him get whats coming. I still want to see confirmation that the Commonwealth has other communities under its governance. I felt Sophias reaction was a bit harsh, but I guess she is a teenager and being a teen comes with angst haha. I'm sure it was hard for her to hear from everyone that her adoptive mother was messing around with a guy who wasn't Glenn, but honestly, Maggie deserves happiness and it's been years since Glenn died. Is it just me or was Stephanie suddenly changed to being African American in this issue? She was very clearly white when we first saw her. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation. Anyway, it will be interesting to see the interaction between Rick and Governor Pam.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

great issue can't wait to see what happens next... my only issue is with this issue, is why does scott from ontario, canada not know that we get comics here? way to make us look like noobs, scott. although, to be fair only major cities have book and comic book stores, so its possible that he lives in the boonies and has never seen one. gd scott

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

also did anyone else notice that they changed stephanie from white to black? did cliff fuck up the grey tones? also when did this stefano start inking?

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

Bug

Bug

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Moderators
  • 6,569 posts
To be honest I wasn't sure what race Stephanie was when we first saw her. Hopefully we now know. ;)

Edit: Children, even adult children, frequently have a hard time when someone comes along to replace a deceased parent. Carl is more mature than Sofia in many ways. That's why he could handle it. Sofia's hurt actually makes sense having had an abusive father and desperate mother. That is why I still say the talk between her and Maggie was too simplistic to have resolved her insecurities. It's would be normal for her to watch Donte to be sure he's worth Maggie.

Edited by Bug, 10 April 2018 - 03:47 PM.

DwightsBoltInAbraham

DwightsBoltInAbraham

Infected

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMD, Headed to Washington

I definitely noticed the Stephanie thing. I noticed instantly. Thought it was a bit weird. But as long as we pick something and stick with it ;)

I loved the "I'm pretty damn good with it, too" line from Micchonne!!! XD XD XD

LOVE Micchonne!!! :D

Poor Sofia..

"The thing about smart mother fuckers is that sometimes, they sound like crazy mother fuckers to stupid mother fuckers..."

"You follow me?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!