Where Is Ftwd Currently?

Rague

Rague

S-mart Employee

• Members

I remember when this first got announced.

Wow. Did I think it would suck, but my masochistic personality led me to watch it anyway. It wasn't awful, but I kept waiting for that cord to get pulled and for the show to get cancelled after a season. Second season was probably better than TWD's second season honestly.

Then I either stopped watching television or the show got delayed because I had no idea that FTWD was still on. I know I snoozed a bit when they got to the farm and Salazar "died," but that was the last time I'd seen it on television. The mid-season split threw me off I guess.

And now, with TWD's 8th season getting blasted, I'm hearing that FTWD has been phenomenal and that most of the cast are taking on delightfully anti-heroic, borderline villainous personality traits - which is exactly what I like in my shows.

So where is this show currently in your opinion?

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Most fans seem to still think it sucks based on what I see on Facebook, but here it seems many think it is now better than TWD, and I agree. For me, Fear is more based on reality, whereas TWD is getting more and more cartoonish and ridiculous. The writing is also better. The acting probably isn't as good, but good writing will usually trump that.

Gimple, who many see as the person responsible for ruining TWD, was named Executive Producer of Fear some time ago. Most hate that move, fearing he'll ruin it just as he did TWD. Now that he is a Lord Overseer that is probably changing again.

I'm not sure how I feel about the cross over. After being so adamant early on that the shows would remain separate, to now cross them over seems an odd move. Maybe they think Fear needs the boost.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Alicia and Nick. They are the only 2 characters I invest In and they get better. Nick has his setbacks but that's to be expected.

Alicia I feel is really getting into groove and I love the character. I could care less if everyone else dies. Strand use to be a huge favorite of mine. Not so much anymore

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

The buzz that FTWD sucks I'm sure is born of the mistakes made in the first two seasons.

Unlikable characters, breaking the promise of watching things collapse, dull performances, etc. all hurt the show considerably.

But for those who kept watching, for whatever reason, the consensus seems to be that it's a very good show now. The first half of season 3 was much better than TWD has been, both because TWD has become worse, but also because FTWD has become much better. The second half hindered that progress though. I think FTWD should have paid attention to the response and behaved accordingly. Turns out people enjoy quality writing. Perhaps when they return they will incorporate the quality writing they chose in the first half of 3 over the forced writing of the second half. I'm hopeful. The first half of three was incredible compared to everything before and most of after.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

The buzz that FTWD sucks I'm sure is born of the mistakes made in the first two seasons.

That's a good point. Most people I see on the FTWD FB page that say it sucks say they stopped during S1 or S2. Which brings up the phenomenon of people who don't like a show but still follow its page on Facebook and feel compelled to comment on a show they no longer watch.

Alessia2

Alessia2

Lurker

• Members

Well, I watched the season 3 and it didn´t really impress me. They had amazing amount of good chances and they ruined all one by one. Such waste of possibly interesting people to add or interesting places to stay, alliances to make. Madison practically ruined it all by making bad decisions all time long. :( For me it felt disappointing. They got about every single other person around there killed and without them those people might have had a good chance. I just hope adding Morgan there somehow would make it all better.

Will be watching how it goes on, mostly because I´m curious about Morgan. And Nick, maybe a bit Alicia too.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

Well, I watched the season 3 and it didn´t really impress me. They had amazing amount of good chances and they ruined all one by one. Such waste of possibly interesting people to add or interesting places to stay, alliances to make. Madison practically ruined it all by making bad decisions all time long. :( For me it felt disappointing. They got about every single other person around there killed and without them those people might have had a good chance. I just hope adding Morgan there somehow would make it all better.

Will be watching how it goes on, mostly because I´m curious about Morgan. And Nick, maybe a bit Alicia too.

The last half of season three was again fraught with terrible writing, so on that I agree. 

But I thought the first half was very good. 

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!