• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,936 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

175 dropped today and there is a lot of really interesting shit that happened. Spoilers ahead if you haven't read it yet!

We get to see first hand how organized and how carefully the commonwealth soldiers and their representative, Lance Hornsby are in dealing with The Euge, Michonne and co. Especially having a staging area away from their community for safety precautions. Reminded me of the Douglas interviews back in the day when they first arrived at Alexandria, but these folks are serious, like if anybody moves/does anything weird, even if they don't agree to travel with them to the actual Commonwealth, they'll be shot on site. That's some serious business, yet these people don't seem evil like Woodbury, or like how Negan & The Saviors were initially portrayed.

The first big interesting thing was Lance's mention of the most recent person they brought in who was always covered in blood to mask his aliveness from the dead. Could this be Nick from FEAR? Probably not, but more likely an homage to that I'm thinking. Could be interesting if it turned out to be him though. (I'm also not caught up on all of season 3 of fear yet, so I'm not sure of whats developed since like S03E04)

I'm Interested to see how they will handle interviewing Princess separately, since it was revealed to them that she was picked up en route and not an actual member of the greater D.C. community.

Seeing the "Stormtroopers" handle a swarm of zombies methodically and without fear was pretty cool. Their armor pretty much guarantees they would at least survive most encounters with a zombie. And having weapons for short and long range (guns/bayonets etc) is pretty smart and further shows how organized this community is. 

Then as they are just about to get there they see a large stadium. Like Michonne, I'm thinking they might have just turned the stadium itself into their main fortification and everyone lives there. Nope, turns out theres 50,000 fucking people that live in this community and they have concerts/sports games. Crazy! This is way more built up and secured than the D.C. Community by leaps and bounds. 

And then came the wall of missing persons. I was totally not expecting that ending. It looks like Michonne's daughter that she was looking for during the 2 year time skip is living at The Commonwealth. That was a pretty big bomb to drop and I was not expecting it. Of course, because of the time skip I don't have an emotional connection to Michonne skipping town and spending two years traveling up the East Coast to search for her daughter, but that's still a pretty big revelation. I wonder what it will do for Michonne's character, if her daughter, Elodie is actually still alive and present in The Commonwealth. 

Definitely can't wait to see what comes next, how this community operates, what it's citizens are like and what it means for the future of the story and for Rick & Co. 

I'd give this issue a 7.5/10.

Edited by theblackboxlies, 03 January 2018 - 04:47 PM.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat
I really enjoyed this issue. I think Rick and Co story has mostly been told. It's time to focus on how civilization as a whole survives and thrives. I think we're moving towards a recolonization of the US, a formation of government, and ultimately a civil war.

I really hope this arc doesn't turn into Rick coming in and fucking shit up again.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,936 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Yo, D_Piece! Long time no see, bud! 

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members
  • 699 posts

liked the issue

already tired of Princess though

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 5,824 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

7/10 good start i guess...

Wonder if Lance Hornsby is related to Bruce? 

Edited by PorkTornado75, 03 January 2018 - 11:34 PM.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
  • 250 posts
I'm pretty excited for this arc to be honest! The prospect of 50,000 is pretty staggering she you compare it to the size of the previous communities. And this was the first "holy shit" ending in a looking to e for me! Looking forward to more...until the inevitable war

Edited by Sgthewolverine, 04 January 2018 - 02:34 PM.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

oh my god, seeing michonne's picture up there and knowing her kids are alive was such a wonderful surprise. it made me cry, im so happy for her. i wonder if she'll go live with them or bring them back to the asz.if shes goes with them, ricks really gunna be fucked.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

oh my god, seeing michonne's picture up there and knowing her kids are alive was such a wonderful surprise. it made me cry, im so happy for her. i wonder if she'll go live with them or bring them back to the asz.if shes goes with them, ricks really gunna be fucked.

She will die before she sees them or right after watch......

Bug

Bug

• Moderators
  • 5,890 posts
Arghhh, Pork how dare you. Now that will be stuck in my head until Michonne does reunite with the daughter that put up her picture.

I'm in agreement that this was the best issue in awhile.

Dead Gov Walking, I agree, Princess is quite annoying. Right now I say feed her to the zombies. Hopefully her character improves.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

Did Michonne live in this area before is my question I cant remember.

Why would they put up a missing person picture in the area that she was not from?

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,314 posts
  • LocationOhio

Why would they put up a missing person picture in the area that she was not from?

I don't think so. But they mentioned they had a people united with loved ones. Most are people just hoping to find them.

Edited by Mr. NomNom, 04 January 2018 - 09:42 PM.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

She will die before she sees them or right after watch......

i hope not but that would bring her happiness, which is basically a death sentence. however, if she has to go, i wouldnt mijd if it was after she finally saw her girls again.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

i think she was in georgia originally, but idk. i do know that the dad had custody of the girls but im not sure if they lived in the same town.

ditto for what nom nom said, and it was probably put up there just to placate the girls and keep their hope alive.

also ohio is north of georgia by 600 miles, and its safe to assume survivors would be logical enough to migrate north for fresh water, even if they didnt consider that winter might give them an advantage over the dead.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

@bbl

the use of the word commonwealth suggests that this isn't one community of 50000, but rather a collection of communities, so these communities could even span across a few neighbouring states and be merely connected by trade routes.

and dont forget Colette.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,936 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

@bbl

the use of the word commonwealth suggests that this isn't one community of 50000, but rather a collection of communities, so these communities could even span across a few neighbouring states and be merely connected by trade routes.

and dont forget Colette.

That would be pretty wild if there are several large communities, I didn't think about that!

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

I liked it, and I feel like it injected some enthusiasm into the book as it seems we're finally going in a different direction than moving from one villain to the next.

One thing that sticks out to me is that Lance was pretty clear that they weren't going to be allowed to just walk away. Go with them are get shot. The mission was to check it out and go back and report to Rick what they found. Are they going to be allowed to do that and if not, what drama will come from that? How much freedom do the people there really have to come and go?

Edited by kombat, 05 January 2018 - 07:03 PM.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

I liked it, and I feel like it injected some enthusiasm into the book as it seems we're finally going in a different direction than moving from one villain to the next.

One thing that sticks out to me is that Lance was pretty clear that they weren't going to be allowed to just walk away. Go with them are get shot. The mission was to check it out and go back and report to Rick what they found. Are they going to be allowed to do that and if not, what drama will come from that? How much freedom do the people there really have to come and go?

We dont know if these people are the new bad guys yet or not......still to be determined.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,314 posts
  • LocationOhio

My guess is they are afraid if the group is lying. They probably want to make sure things check out.

Rick will probably cause more problems like usual. Eugene is already starting a bit of an issue.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Yo, D_Piece! Long time no see, bud! 

Yeah, life was kind of giving me the business for a little while. That, and the show/whisperer arc really beat down my enthusiasm for TWD universe. This issue definitely piqued my interest though!

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

DwightsBoltInAbraham

DwightsBoltInAbraham

Infected

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMD, Headed to Washington

Woah so what if this is like the Michonne/Andrea/Woodbury conflict in the show. Where Andrea wanted to stay at Woodbury because of her thing with the gov, but Michonne realized the Woodbury group was evil (at least the gov) and wanted to leave.

But instead the roles are reversed (well minus Andrea  :2206_mourning_over_dead_friend:  ) and it's Michonne that wants to stay because of her daughter(s), but the group realizes the place is evil and tries to leave.

I'm SUPER excited to see what is to come with Elodie and Michonne!!! I was not expecting this at all. I had just long assumed that her daughters died. Hopefully Michonne gets to enjoy some peace with her daughter(s) before her death. Fingers crossed.

It would be cool if both daughters lived. Sad if Elodie had to put the other one down.. I really hope they her Elodie ends up being a strong GOOD character!

Just like everyone else, this issue raised my interest in TWD significantly.

"The thing about smart mother fuckers is that sometimes, they sound like crazy mother fuckers to stupid mother fuckers..."

"You follow me?"

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

Woah so what if this is like the Michonne/Andrea/Woodbury conflict in the show. Where Andrea wanted to stay at Woodbury because of her thing with the gov, but Michonne realized the Woodbury group was evil (at least the gov) and wanted to leave.

But instead the roles are reversed (well minus Andrea  :2206_mourning_over_dead_friend:  ) and it's Michonne that wants to stay because of her daughter(s), but the group realizes the place is evil and tries to leave.

I'm SUPER excited to see what is to come with Elodie and Michonne!!! I was not expecting this at all. I had just long assumed that her daughters died. Hopefully Michonne gets to enjoy some peace with her daughter(s) before her death. Fingers crossed.

It would be cool if both daughters lived. Sad if Elodie had to put the other one down.. I really hope they her Elodie ends up being a strong GOOD character!

Just like everyone else, this issue raised my interest in TWD significantly.

As long as it is nothing like the TV show im cool with it.

DwightsBoltInAbraham

DwightsBoltInAbraham

Infected

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMD, Headed to Washington

As long as it is nothing like the TV show im cool with it.

Agreed!

Admittedly the show did get me into the comic, but I stopped watching after season 3 when I realized how much I was starting to dislike the show because the comic was much better! I just couldn't take the differences. I'll catch up eventually though.

"The thing about smart mother fuckers is that sometimes, they sound like crazy mother fuckers to stupid mother fuckers..."

"You follow me?"

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

The show is not good and has never been.

The pilot episode was the best one and then down hill from there.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!