theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,828 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

24301181_1724541720890053_19498566728496

A Solitary Life out today!

I'd give this issue a 6/10.

It was interesting/sad/a little boring to see Negan going through his days alone, but interesting to see him paying his respects to his dead wife, the real Lucille. You kind of feel for Negan a little bit. And then he finds a new bat, hello Lucille 2! But his christening with barbwire is interrupted by Maggie & Dante in probably one of the more emotional stand offs we've seen in the comic. God Damn. I kept waiting for Negan to turn it around and kill Maggie, but instead he begged for her to execute him because he didn't want to live life anymore after all he'd done and even pulled her gun towards his head.

In the end, it seems like Maggie knows that keeping him alive to live with that is a fate worse than death, so it looks like we'll have Negan with us for quite a while. I'd like to see him become part of the team somehow, it does really seem like he's changed his ways and is atoning for his wrongs. I don't think he'd ever be 100% part of the group, but he's a skilled surviver and has a lot of charisma and can be a useful asset. Though he is still dangerous. His murder of Alpha did lead to the Whisperer War and indirectly caused Andrea's death, but who knows the Whisperer's may have attacked anyway, or someone else might have bungled up and crossed into their border and the war would have happened regardless.

Interesting that Maggie kissed Dante in the end. Maybe she was feeling powerful, or maybe she's finally ready to let Glenn go? Also a final character development from Negan: throwing Lucille 2 into the fire. RIP Lucille 2, we hardly knew you!

Super interested to find out about The Commonwealth in the next issue. 2018 seems like it's going to be a crazy year. 

Edited by theblackboxlies, 06 December 2017 - 05:19 PM.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members
  • 693 posts

Better issue than I expected

Kinda wish Maggie just killed Negan though. Partly because I feel his character is just kinda...there, but also because I'm kinda tired of the 'I know you want to kill me, so kill me please'  'Oh you want to die? Then I wont kill you' trope.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
  • 1,995 posts

I thought it was excellent. 8/10. Best issue in a while. The Maggie/Negan closure I thought worked really well. I was emotional reading it. Negan has had plenty of opportunities to revert back, but hasn't, so I hope at this point that angle of him is over. Since Maggie just left him out there you have to wonder what his future is. I really thought Maggie was going to kill him, but the more it went on I knew she wouldn't.

Maggie kissing Dante was unexpected. I wonder if she always liked him, but needed closure on Glen first before she could move on and this gave her that.

Pickles312

Pickles312

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 191 posts

I really liked it.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationOhio
My guess is moving away from Glen or anyone else is hard. It's not because it was a break up it's because they were killed and maybe certain people would feel it's unfair to move on.

Negan wanting to die isn't something i would think he wanted but now he's....well alone. You go from always having someone to having nothing.

You go from being a leader surrounded by people who fear you and you're a king to having absolutely nothing. Plus you'd figure after seeing how well thing were better off without him maybe it hit hard on his mental state. Maybe he has actually changed.

It'll always be hard to trust the man though

Bug

Bug

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Moderators
  • 5,098 posts
Did anyone else find it interesting that Negan built a huge fire then threw Lucille 2 into it? The look on his face washing away wasn't smug or defeated. He looked peaceful. I think he had some healing too.

Like Mr NomNom, I still wouldn't trust him, but for the first time I'm curious to see how Negan lives his changed life.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,800 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I like the issue and it still proves Negan is the most interesting thing in this comic at the moment.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

SuperNeos2

SuperNeos2

Lurker

• Members
  • 294 posts
Negan is the only saving grace of this book at this point. Dwight was as well until he became a bitch again

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • 675 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

This was my favourite issue since Andrea's death.  It was great to finally catch up with Negan again, and although it WAS a tad boring to see what his life has become, the show-down with Maggie more than made up for it. I loved her speech about Glen with his eye hanging out and Negan smiling but I was relieved she didn't kill him in the end.  I'm not sure where things go for Negan from here, but he is too much of an interesting character (and an asset, as mentioned by theblackboxlies) to leave out in the cold for long.  I still like they dynamic between Negan and Rick and I want to see them working together again.

10/10

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,800 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I know this is not the correct thread to post this but I seen that the TV show has killed Carl..................WHAT IN THE FUCK! lol

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationOhio

I know this is not the correct thread to post this but I seen that the TV show has killed Carl..................WHAT IN THE FUCK! lol

From what i read. Riggs family is pretty upset about it. I see it as a ratings grab to prove nobody is safe. I heard about it and watched the clip on youtube. Laughed. Wow. Soo bad.

Anyways. A bunch of people are saying they are done with the show. We Will see.

Edited by Mr. NomNom, Today, 02:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!