Photo

Dwight, A Double Agent?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Dwight (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Dwight is a double agent who will betray Rick's group?

1. Yes - If so, do you think Daryl is going after Dwight next? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No - Gregory's betrayal of the group was enough to warrant the move (5 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. Possibly - Negan's gun supply being moved is highly suspicious and the group should be leery of him (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

4. Other - please explain (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
  • 9,780 posts

Rick learning that Negan just moved his gun supply certainly brings into question Dwight's credibility and questions whether he is acting as a double agent. Gregory betraying the group could have been enough to cause Negan to move the guns. Although I don't think Gregory was included in the planning of the raids and offered Negan much in the way of details.

It also seems to be setting up a confrontation between Daryl and Dwight. Given Daryl's current state, another question I have is do you think Daryl will kill Dwight next? 

Alessia2

Alessia2

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 180 posts

I voted "possibly". I am definitely sure Daryl will go after Dwight when they´re all done with the war, no matter which side he is. Unless something happens that makes him change his mind on the way.

But I´m not sure if Dwight is a double agent. I think he has good reason to turn against Negan. Maybe it is something like he has been revealed and Negan has given him another chance if he gives Rick´s group false info. But I think more believable is that Negan doesn´t trust him in first place that much and is testing his loyalty giving him false info or keeping information from him just in case.

I think there is chance for very interesting character developement in Dwight, if they just make it well.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,694 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

I think Dwight is being used by Negan.  He doles out real intel and also misleading intel to each minion.  He's testing Dwight as well as using him to pass on incorrect or in this case, incomplete information.  I doubt that Dwight intentionally misled Rick and Daryl to set them up.  Negan just has a lot more smarts than his appearance and persona lets on. I don't think Simon has the same intel as the rest.  They are all given specific information in order for Negan to weed out the traitor(s).  He's crazy and amoral but he's not stupid.

I think Gregory will be killed by someone, possibly Daryl before Dwight will.  Dwight is playing with fire here.  He is seeding both masters with distrust. He will likely pay heavily for that one way or another.  

I could be wrong but I think Dwight sincerely wants to go back to a place where he can have a wife, a somewhat normal life and some freedoms which are costly but better than Sanctuary existence.  

Honestly, I'm shocked at the extent of Dwight's knowledge of all the bases.  I'm also shocked that Jesus knows where everything is, exits included in Saviordom.  How does he know all this shit?  

Time will tell.

Posted Image

tublecane

tublecane

Biter

• Members
  • 1,057 posts
Negan simply not telling Dwight he's moving the guns is the plausible explanation. If it's part of some elaborate scheme, then why on earth wouldn't there have been an ambush waiting at the supposed armory?

Unless what we saw with those Saviors in the courtyard playing with their guns at the beginning of episode two was them preparing for an ambush. Which means suddenly the Saviors suck at ambushes.

If Dwight is a double agent, they're not using him very well.

Edited by tublecane, 08 November 2017 - 10:28 PM.

tublecane

tublecane

Biter

• Members
  • 1,057 posts
Also, I must say though I presume we're going to find out Negan had tricks up his sleeve, all this spy game speculation is silly considering the Saviors could've destroyed Alexandria by force majeure almost immediately after last season's battle. And if they had to, they could've done the same to the Kingdom and Hilltop before they were able to organize and build those armored cars.

The latter two he relies upon for food, so I understand why he didn't immediately go Hiroshima on them. But he stalled on Alexandria why? He'd be sacrificing an awful lot of men by playing the Dwight card, for what purpose? To get Rick back to where he had him at the end of Season Seven?

If Negan is too clever by half like that, he deserves to be mutineed out of power.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,694 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

Also, I must say though I presume we're going to find out Negan had tricks up his sleeve, all this spy game speculation is silly considering the Saviors could've destroyed Alexandria by force majeure almost immediately after last season's battle. And if they had to, they could've done the same to the Kingdom and Hilltop before they were able to organize and build those armored cars.

The latter two he relies upon for food, so I understand why he didn't immediately go Hiroshima on them. But he stalled on Alexandria why? He'd be sacrificing an awful lot of men by playing the Dwight card, for what purpose? To get Rick back to where he had him at the end of Season Seven?

If Negan is too clever by half like that, he deserves to be mutineed out of power.

Negan enjoys the fight.  He rarely sees an opponent who is formidable.  He wants to bend Rick to his will.  He wants Rick to join his band of minions.  He's perverse.  He's a megalomaniac.  Full of himself.  I'd say young dumb and fulla come but he's middle aged.  He reminds me of Shane in a lot of ways. And of course, he needs to be mutineed out of power.  He's insane.

Posted Image

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • LocationOttawa

I think the guns may have been moved for any number of reasons, but not because Dwight acted against Rick.

If Dwight was setting up Rick, he sure sucks at it since his intel killed a LOT of Saviors and frankly should have killed Negan if anyone had thought that shooting Negan might be a good idea what with all the guns on an unprotected Negan.

I can't imagine Negan allowed so much damage to his infrastructure just to trick Rick about a gun stash, which means Negan shouldn't be feeding bad intel to Dwight either. Or the writers are asking me to accept too much idiocy on Negan's part.

So to me the move has to be something else entirely.

Although I would not be surprised if it was Negan setting up Dwight. I'd think the writing was terrible if that's the case, though. Negan allowed an insane amount of damage if that's the case. If he suspected Dwight, he should have moved everything, not just one gun stash. Every guard station, numbers of guards- everything.

cornjob

cornjob

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 161 posts

I voted 'other'.  Negan already said they were going to war.  He doesn't need any additional intelligence to know that its not smart to leave his resources in vulnerable locations. Its just smart to move some things and increase security. And it looks like it paid off.

However, I think we're going to find out that he had a much more elaborate plan while the rest of this stuff was going on. But it doesn't have to have anything to do with Dwight, Gregory or Eugene. And we know Negan is paranoid anyway (at times) from how he treated his original doctor. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!