Episode 100 Easter Eggs

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Any Easter Eggs in the episode you know about? I know of these 3 from the pilot.

1. The obvious one everyone's talking about, Carl's scene at the gas station.

2. Old Rick waking up is similar to Rick waking up from his coma.

3. The actor playing the walker tied to the phone pole is the same that played this walker, actually one of my all time favorite TWD zombies.

deadwalk430.jpg

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Hmmm. I just realized that Rick bringing the herd to Negan's compound was a lot like the Guv bringing the walkers to the prison in the bread(?) truck.

tublecane

tublecane

Biter

• Members
They mentioned on Talking Dead Carol looking at a spray-painted flower on the overpass.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

At the end of the scene where Rick and Carl are at the gas station, which is a whole homage to the first scenes from episode 1, way back when, we see a female walker coming out of the woods towards Rick. I thought to myself she looks a lot like Summer the Teddy Bear walker played by Addy Miller. Turns out it actually was her, just 7 years older.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Movie Classics Way

• Moderators
  • Location30 mins from Hollywood
Thats a great easter egg BBL!

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Apparently, when Rick and Negan are talking, Negan says "Let me ask you something, Rick", which is a call back to a phrase Shane said many times. JDM even accented it to sound like Shane.

The orange backpack Carl found.

The ending overhead shot of the walkers converging on The Sanctuary is a callback to the ending of the pilot with the overhead shot of walkers converging around the tank Rick was trapped in.

Zombie_killer

Zombie_killer

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationHampshire, UK

I didn't know that the telephone pole walker was the one from the pilot episode in Atlanta.  I always felt that the way that episode focussed on that one particular walker meant that he would come back at some later point and there would be some relevance to how much screen time he had.  He was one walker that really stood out when thinking back on memorable ones (the well walker being another one for me).  It's cool to know when the same actor plays repeated roles. 

At the end of the scene where Rick and Carl are at the gas station, which is a whole homage to the first scenes from episode 1, way back when, we see a female walker coming out of the woods towards Rick. I thought to myself she looks a lot like Summer the Teddy Bear walker played by Addy Miller. Turns out it actually was her, just 7 years older.

My son said that walker looked like her but I didn't see it and I said so at the time - I am going to have to tell him now that I was wrong and it was her lol

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!