Feeling Froggy So I Will Jump....

season 8 teaser

fishorcutbait

fishorcutbait

Infected

• Members
  • LocationRepublic of Texas

The teaser (all 8? min lol ;-) has me raring to go.

My husband (from now on is referred to as "the fisherman") was in the room while it was on and he came and stood in front of tv... and became an instant fan lol.

When we are not watching MLB playoffs we are binging on the 100 show countdown to S8.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Did the Ranger's make the playoffs?  Former Texan here. Glad your spouse can watch the show with you. It makes it all the better.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Yeah. My wife quit early in S6.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Movie Classics Way

• Moderators
  • Location30 mins from Hollywood
So did mine.
I tried again when JDM showed up, but I couldn't salvage it.

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators

I considered quitting with that horrible S6 cliffhanger, but still cared enough for the rest of the characters to get past it.  I did recently rewatch all the seasons.  Binging seems to have improved some of my first impressions of S7.  

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I considered quitting with that horrible S6 cliffhanger, but still cared enough for the rest of the characters to get past it. I did recently rewatch all the seasons. Binging seems to have improved some of my first impressions of S7.

I stopped after season 5. Watched a few eps of season 6 and less of 7. I just can't get into it anymore.

fishorcutbait

fishorcutbait

Infected

• Members

One of my first posts pointed out IMO binging the first 6 seasons kept me interested enuf to search out free access to S7 (which I enjoyed 95% of).

Enuf to make me excited for S8....so maybe watching the series in the binge manner was like reading a really great book that you cannot put down.

I guess we shall see .

I promise to post my truthful reaction every week.

To my fellow Texan... hard to believe but the Astros had a stellar year (whoohoo) and have advanced to the last round of the AL playoffs.

The series is now NYY 3 and the Astros 2 with two at home games left.

Despite me wearing the same shirt for three days as well as sleeping with my rally monkey (signed by former catcher Brad Ausmus (sp?) we did poorly in the Bronx.

Today is an off day and we are sure the next 2 games will be ours.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

And what's a Walking Dead offseason without an actor/writer talking it up like it's the best season ever.

http://ew.com/tv/201...-its-mojo-back/

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators
Sounds to me like he was getting genuinely tired of playing the mousey defeated fearful
desperate Rick, and he's looking forward to playing confident cocky butt kicking Rick Grimes again.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

One of my first posts pointed out IMO binging the first 6 seasons kept me interested enuf to search out free access to S7 (which I enjoyed 95% of).

Enuf to make me excited for S8....so maybe watching the series in the binge manner was like reading a really great book that you cannot put down.

I guess we shall see .

I promise to post my truthful reaction every week.

To my fellow Texan... hard to believe but the Astros had a stellar year (whoohoo) and have advanced to the last round of the AL playoffs.

The series is now NYY 3 and the Astros 2 with two at home games left.

Despite me wearing the same shirt for three days as well as sleeping with my rally monkey (signed by former catcher Brad Ausmus (sp?) we did poorly in the Bronx.

Today is an off day and we are sure the next 2 games will be ours.

I had forgotten that the Astros were back.  I was and always will be a Ranger girl.  Here in MS. there are no pro sports teams so I am spared months of week long play off games and watch more regular TV.  Baseball is a full time job if you're really into it. Glad you're happy w/ your 'Stros.  

Binge watching is better in many ways.  Not having to wait for every Sunday and then the 8 month dry spell, just to find out who died.  Blech.  S8 will test your theory. :D  Honestly, BWR (that is my husband who I met here) is kinda off his TWD feed but still watches with me.  The show, when watched during normal viewing times rather than binge watching can be tedious and disappointing at times.  Kind of an: "I shaved my balls for THIS!?"  kinda reaction.  So, Sunday will begin your true journey, Grasshopper.  Hopefully, you'll stick around.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

My excitement for the show has gone from this:

giphy.gif

To this:

bored013.gif

The last few years, I start each season hopeful that they will bring the show back to the former glory and this season isn't any different. FTWD managed to make the third season their best yet. Which is weird because they aren't attempting to make the characters very likable or have a strong moral compass. So, I will remain optimistic going into this season, as well.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators
From what Ive gathered youre far from alone in that sentiment, SaS.
We're all waiting for the show to climb back up to the level it was.
Heres hoping.

Narren

Narren

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver there

Kind of an: "I shaved my balls for THIS!?"  kinda reaction. 

You just perfectly captured my thoughts on so many things.

I'm stealing this.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Haha! I stole it from BWR so have at it.

Fishie, your team won the series!!!  Congrats.

fishorcutbait

fishorcutbait

Infected

• Members

Haha! I stole it from BWR so have at it.

Fishie, your team won the series!!!  Congrats.

Thanks!
The teams were evenly matched and the Astros came out on top because they were able to put some hits and runs together when it counted.
As for the Dodgers... hella great opponents.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!