- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 5,797 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Meh the Princess is annoying as hell but I guess you get that way from not being around people for over a year.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,789 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Kind of a meh issue for me. I'm interested to find out more about Juanita / Princess. She seems a little nuts and talks too much for sure and will probably put the group in danger. Kind of wished we'd see what Negan is up to in this issue as well, but seeing as the whole issue was dedicated to the introduction of Princess, I'm guessing she'll probably have some sort of important role to play moving forward. 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,797 posts

Kind of a meh issue for me. I'm interested to find out more about Juanita / Princess. She seems a little nuts and talks too much for sure and will probably put the group in danger. Kind of wished we'd see what Negan is up to in this issue as well, but seeing as the whole issue was dedicated to the introduction of Princess, I'm guessing she'll probably have some sort of important role to play moving forward. 

Just like Magna................lol

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,789 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Its all about the slow burn apparently. 

Agent Piltdown

Agent Piltdown

Infected

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationChester, England

I loved the Day of the Dead homage. I had to get on Twitter and praise Kirkman for that, I don't usually bother with Twitter. It's my most favorite moment in the original Dead trilogy. It was nice to see something like that in an issue of The Walking Dead with Romero's passing this year.

The issue itself, it was ok. I get the feeling Princess is going to be a big deal, another oddball character like Negan maybe. I kind of hated Negan when he was first introduced in #100 given his manner and what he did, but he grew to be my most favorite character in all The Walking Dead. I'll give Princess a chance, too.

Edit: Oh and I saw Kirkman mention on Twitter in certain versions of this issue, a 7 page preview of #172 was included. I'd like to see them, I bet they're focused on what Negan's up to.

Edited by Agent Piltdown, 06 September 2017 - 10:05 PM.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • 2,097 posts
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

And here's the real problem. Phoned in would be an overstatement.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,789 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Edit: Oh and I saw Kirkman mention on Twitter in certain versions of this issue, a 7 page preview of #172 was included. I'd like to see them, I bet they're focused on what Negan's up to.

Will be on the lookout for scans.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

I don't even know what to say really. I presume this new character will be important moving forward. But the issue itself, very ho-hum with nothing happening. I felt like I just spent 10 minutes of my life reading Princess' nonsensical ramblings and not a whole lot else.

Edited by kombat, 07 September 2017 - 02:59 PM.

Pickles312

Pickles312

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 186 posts

Well that was... pretty much nothing. Pretty crappy issue. It seemed short and pretty substanceless. Sure, we met a new character, but nothing happened except the usual hesitation and stuff. It's been a while since we've had any real filler, but this seemed like it.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

AD VICTORIUM

• Moderators
  • 2,452 posts
  • LocationThe Prydwen

The introduction of the princess reminded me of Roy's introduction  in this  Simpsons episode.  

The addition of another character hardly seems like what this book needs. 

I can barely keep the existing characters straight.

As for the "Day of the Dead" homage well.. eh. Whatever. 

When Romero died, everyone was tweeting pics from the same three movies (Dawn,  Night and Day) while forgetting the vast majority of his catalog. 

King-Billy-and-his-troupe.jpg

Anyone a fan of that Romero movie pictured above? Anyone even remember it? Yeah. Didn't think so. 

Edited by Deadpelican, 07 September 2017 - 06:17 PM.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself.

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

Quite possibly the worst issue of TWD to date. Pretty much a waste of time and money.

At last we got another lame cliffhanger resolution from the prior issues Eugene/Siddiq/Rosita triangle. It had been a couple issues since RK pulled his favorite move.

Agent Piltdown

Agent Piltdown

Infected

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationChester, England

Will be on the lookout for scans.

I found some pics of the pages! No Negan in sight, but it's something. Just a world building issue by the look. Credit to en_bas of Reddit:

https://imgur.com/gallery/Z43rw

As for the "Day of the Dead" homage well.. eh. Whatever. 

When Romero died, everyone was tweeting pics from the same three movies (Dawn,  Night and Day) while forgetting the vast majority of his catalog. 

King-Billy-and-his-troupe.jpg

Anyone a fan of that Romero movie pictured above? Anyone even remember it? Yeah. Didn't think so. 

Knightriders... You liked Knightriders more than Day of the Dead? Alrighty, then!

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

AD VICTORIUM

• Moderators
  • 2,452 posts
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Knightriders... You liked Knightriders more than Day of the Dead? Alrighty, then!

Of course not. 

My point was that the majority of his  movie catalog is ignored because it sucks. 

Edited by Deadpelican, 07 September 2017 - 11:08 PM.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself.

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

This might be the worst Walking Dead issue ever. 

"You better kill me now!" "Pardon?" "You better kill me now, or I swear I will find a way to kill you. And I wont stop!"
"I know you won't. I know you won't say yes to Michael either. And I know you won't kill Sam. Whatever you do, you will always end up.. here. Whatever choices you make. Whatever details you alter, we will aways end up.. here. I win. So I win."

Bug

Bug

• Moderators
  • 4,988 posts

Actually DP, I remember that movie. That's kinda embarrassing.

As for this issue the Princess was about as interesting as that movie. ;)

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

This was bad.  I haven't been disappointed like that in a while.  The Rosita and Siddiq thing is boring, I don't see why anyone would care who the father was or know about her double life, she' dead. I'm more interested in Stephanie and whats going on in Ohio. 

This Princess character seems weird just for the sake of being weird.  Also a 4'7" female carries a heavy machine gun... that seems real plausible. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,789 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

She was 4' 7"?

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

Just caught up on the last maybe six months of issues.

Wow, these comics have gotten REALLY fucking bad. It's embarrassing at this point.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

Pickles312

Pickles312

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 186 posts

I don't remember any reference to her being 4'7'', and she didn't seem to be drawn that short.

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

I don't remember any reference to her being 4'7'', and she didn't seem to be drawn that short.

I was just being hyperbolic.  She looks short by the cover.  She's probably like 5'1 or so.  Still... the point is more that a very small woman would have a difficult time operating a huge 50 lb heavy machine gun. 

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,274 posts
  • LocationOhio

I was just being hyperbolic. She looks short by the cover. She's probably like 5'1 or so. Still... the point is more that a very small woman would have a difficult time operating a huge 50 lb heavy machine gun.

The dead walk, we have a kun fu Jesus, a guy get's hit with a baseball bat and still walks. That's barely the scratch of the surface with this comic.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,797 posts

Just caught up on the last maybe six months of issues.

Wow, these comics have gotten REALLY fucking bad. It's embarrassing at this point.

Agree

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
  • 5,834 posts

I don't know, I'm not as upset as everyone else over the current state of the comic. It's not something I anticipate, it's literally just an extra part of every month to me at this point. Good or bad, doesn't affect me much either way. But the story is definitely getting more direction at this point

I actually liked this issue too. If we introduce a new character, then yeah I want to see the time spent of us getting to know them. I like Princess, just a bit too..."anime" (even has the purple hair). You could say my lack of investment has made me more forgiving

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!